Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Gutted Stock Exhaust on my HR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

A peferated straight pipe though the muffler can with sound deadening material surrounding it might work well. That's how most less restrictive performance muffers are built
Old 09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....i cant stop..oh my god why would someone do this crap
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
tylerxfire

[QUOTE=pikez35;7756152]It shouldn't hurt my power. I've had the muffler complete off driving it around and it actually seemed more responsive and it still would go 160mph with it off.

it will do 160 with the exhaust off, oh well enough said then must be the sick **** u got going on i guess

u have got to be kidding me with this thread, one of the funniest ive seen lately out of a newb
Old 09-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Globalscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While you have out your snipes you should cut off your roof.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious to how it sounds. Get a clip posted.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
uglyduc

+1 for sound clips.

All you need is a hinged clear cover and you'll have 2 convection ovens. That's a tailgating win waiting to happen.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:32 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This is what you did to your exhaust. The chaos you caused.

Attached Thumbnails Gutted Stock Exhaust on my HR!-stupidmod.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
DISH903

Please don't have kids
Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 PM
pikez35

No hes not jb welding it and idk what OP means but ok if it makes you happy to put someone down cause your life is **** by all means i can take it. I went into this knowing some of you are nothing but dicks its ok i understand you have a terrible life. Mommy and Daddy must have bought your z so now you have all this money to by name brand parts at 300 times over cost. Cool!! Congrats im happy for you. You please don't have any kids cause they'll end up being spoiled *** bitches like you and we don't need any more whiners in the world so if you have nothing nice to say then stfu.. Anyone can just go and buy something but fabricating something and putting your own work into it is much more satisfying at least to me. if it works it works and no one will even notice it cause the top of the exhaust is hidden and will think its just stock till it fires up.. lol I like to keep people guessing. I am going to track test it to see if it makes a difference if its a negative result Im going to take it off and scrap it. This was just for fun again you all take things to seriously.. I have a jailbroken iphone with cycorder but don't know how i could put video from that on here to get a sound clip. I will research a how too and try to get that up on here in a couple days when its all welded up and installed.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Honestly we should be grateful someone is taking the time to do this experiment for us (unless it's been done and reported). OP, sound clip and track/dyno results would be great. And PLEASE...don't mention anything NEEDING backpressure again...ever.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:06 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^

Buttechnogly sometimes shiets fiyah...

soundclips where they be at...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 PM
SatchScream

I thought these kinds of things were only done to Civics and Integras.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
zenki_z33

Guess i'm a little late to the party but...

Name:  2rwba50.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  70.7 KB
Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my Z.

I also built my complete custom true dual exhaust. Welded myself. I needed to learn to weld for my new job and what better to learn on then my own car.

2 2.5" to a magnaflow muffler with 2 3 inches coming out of it.

Any other weak attacks because your idea just sucks?

Do you need a hug?

Last edited by 0jiggy0; 09-18-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 AM
pikez35

yeah actually i'll add something there. This car was never meant to have a true dual setup. All you did is **** up the aerodynamics under the car.. Way to go!! That is so much better!! Hks or a name brand setup that is true dual I wouldn't have a problem with there but still if you researched why they made it single to dual out you'll see it was because of cost, weight and to get the bottom of the car as flat as possible. Please don't put some corvette stingray side exhaust on next or a intake sticking out of the hood. Your too easy!! and for the guy with the comment about how he thinks his z is better then hondas or integras and somehow thinks from what i get that everyone that has one is rice. NOO... When i go to the track I see H swap hatches that will keep up with the z's and is no where near rice. Acura's are just as nice just not as expensive. I respect all kinds of cars as long as it doesn't look like ****. I like them clean.. My friend also has an srt4 that makes 450hp out of a 4 cylinder. I don't discriminate **** man...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pikez35
yeah actually i'll add something there. This car was never meant to have a true dual setup. All you did is **** up the aerodynamics under the car.. Way to go!! That is so much better!! Hks or a name brand setup that is true dual I wouldn't have a problem with there but still if you researched why they made it single to dual out you'll see it was because of cost, weight and to get the bottom of the car as flat as possible. Please don't put some corvette stingray side exhaust on next or a intake sticking out of the hood. Your too easy!! and for the guy with the comment about how he thinks his z is better then hondas or integras and somehow thinks from what i get that everyone that has one is rice. NOO... When i go to the track I see H swap hatches that will keep up with the z's and is no where near rice. Acura's are just as nice just not as expensive. I respect all kinds of cars as long as it doesn't look like ****. I like them clean.. My friend also has an srt4 that makes 450hp out of a 4 cylinder. I don't discriminate **** man...
Sssssh. Step away from the keyboard. Sssssh. It's ok. There, now. Ssssh.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zenki_z33
Guess i'm a little late to the party but...

Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 AM
mistanismo

jiggy's thumbnail drawing FTW clearly.

OP, the general consensus is you've made a giant, however un-costly mistake.

The curiosity factor however requires that since you have this much time to type relatively incoherent replies, surely you can post a sound clip.

And if you're not being incredibly cheap, dyno while you're at it. Aside from showing what the inside of a muffler looks like, all you've done is blown steam essentially.

Now, please help salvage this thread by doing the aformentioned.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 AM
jdhuegel1

Originally Posted by pikez35
All you did is **** up the aerodynamics under the car.. Way to go!! That is so much better!! Hks or a name brand setup that is true dual I wouldn't have a problem with there but still if you researched why they made it single to dual out you'll see it was because of cost, weight and to get the bottom of the car as flat as possible. Please don't put some corvette stingray side exhaust on next or a intake sticking out of the hood. Your too easy!! and for the guy with the comment about how he thinks his z is better then hondas or integras and somehow thinks from what i get that everyone that has one is rice. NOO... When i go to the track I see H swap hatches that will keep up with the z's and is no where near rice. Acura's are just as nice just not as expensive. I respect all kinds of cars as long as it doesn't look like ****. I like them clean.. My friend also has an srt4 that makes 450hp out of a 4 cylinder. I don't discriminate **** man...
Easy boy! Jesus Christ... you post on the internet and expect what? Everyone to think your idea is awesome? If so, you thought wrong. I suggest you practice your ability to ignore what you don't want to hear, or what you are too ignorant to understand... otherwise you'll nevar make it on teh intarwebz. Seriously. Have fun with your car, but if you can't handle criticism you might want to stay off the computer.

Please do me a favor though... don't go cutting your freakin springs to save a buck, then come here and tell us we didn't research, and that the Z wasn't meant to have aftermarket springs. Oh, and my Integra GSR ran 11's. TEN FREAKIN YEARS AGO. Old news bud. Have fun getting the Z below 11's...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

ricer mods FTL

Quick Reply: Gutted Stock Exhaust on my HR!