Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Magnaflow X Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Magnaflow resonated "X" on my Injen SES w/ TPs and it did WONDERS all around.

Not only did it eliminate rasp, bring back the VQ note and deepen the note, but it also restored a healthy chunk of my low end torque via the merging of the two pipes creating the right amount of scavenging at low RPMs.

It is my belief that the two pipes merging help one another with scavenging at low RPMs, but dont hinder one another by disrupting flow at the merge point at high RPMs. Just a guess though. But the difference was night and day.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:22 PM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kramykram
What I did not see anyone mention is that the muffler xpipe not only takes care of rasp in dual exhaust. Not just in cheap ones as i have seen them used in hks, bolra, injen and fi intemidator. it brings out the vq note you get from the stock exhaust. Which is a very good sound just very restrictive. Ark most people cut those crap *** resonators out running thru the middle to install the magnaflow xpipe. those resonators every use suck very badly and maybe yourself and others might want to look into this design.
Sorry for the late reply, Maybe I should have subscribed to this thread.
Yes you are correct, although none of the exhausts mentioned uses a x flow pipe. Injen also Uses resonators with there cat back system and will set you back 1800.00 MSRP. Straight through resonators are basically a second muffler, it is mainly used to muffle sound. It is not as restrictful as many may think. ARk exhausts are known for the quality, performance, and drone reducement. Therefore we use our resonators with our Grip exhaust system. Thanks for the comment and advice...

Last edited by ARKperformance; 10-25-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
kramykram

no problem. thanks for listening. i have not heard your exhaust yet you comment. i know i hated the way my hks sounded. i really thought hks would produce a better sound than that being the big company they are. i sold it before i had a chance to do this and went back to a single. the injen exhuast just as the borla are night and day sound difference with that resonated xpipe.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:05 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
Sorry for the late reply, Maybe I should have subscribed to this thread.
Yes you are correct, although none of the exhausts mentioned uses a x flow pipe. Injen also Uses resonators with there cat back system and will set you back 1800.00 MSRP. Straight through resonators are basically a second muffler, it is mainly used to muffle sound. It is not as restrictful as many may think. ARk exhausts are known for the quality, performance, and drone reducement. Therefore we use our resonators with our Grip exhaust system. Thanks for the comment and advice...

Where the hell are u getting $1800 for the Injen exhaust?

Even the newest "track edition" was only around $1000.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 AM
kramykram

probably msrp
Old 11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
dwrecckk

Just want to give an update. My exhaust is now much louder than when I initially installed the HKS rep with the X pipe. At first it sounded very muffled and quiet, near stock volume. After 500-600 miles now, not only has the exhaust volume increased significantly, but the tone has changed as well. It sound much smoother and aggressive now. I'm attributing this to breaking in the resonator and exhaust, but the ECU adjusting as well. I didn't do the ECU reset after the exhaust install and my ECU has been doing some weird things at first(high idle after a few hard pulls, and a little high over the last few weeks from 850-950, it's normal now), but now the car pulls harder than when the exhaust was new and it sounds much much better. I have no complaints of this exhaust being too quiet now
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM
thisiswang

here's a reply a year and a half later. sounds like you have an exhaust leak
Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 AM
thisiswang

cutting out the H-pipe and resonators on the HKS replica is a big section of the exhaust. if the x-pipe mod is done.... will there need to be an extension welded on also? or is the 20 inches from the magnaflow x-pipe enough?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by thisiswang
cutting out the H-pipe and resonators on the HKS replica is a big section of the exhaust. if the x-pipe mod is done.... will there need to be an extension welded on also? or is the 20 inches from the magnaflow x-pipe enough?
Late response but no one answered this. For future referance, theres more than enough room to play around with. Simple measuring will allow a good fit, no need for extensions. Remember not to cut too generously, its better to have a space thats shorter than the xpipe rather than longer.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM
stascom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems like many HKS reps are too short for proper fitment. If I go with TopSpeed and weld in the X-pipe by Magnaflow, should I make a shorter cutout than the length of the X-pipe (thus pushing the rest of the tubing down a bit)?
I would be getting CNT high flow cats, too.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Gozirra

Originally Posted by stascom
It seems like many HKS reps are too short for proper fitment. If I go with TopSpeed and weld in the X-pipe by Magnaflow, should I make a shorter cutout than the length of the X-pipe (thus pushing the rest of the tubing down a bit)?
I would be getting CNT high flow cats, too.
Make the cut shorter than the X just to be safe. My GSP HKS replica was perfect length and even came with extension pieces for g35s. I think the diameter of the xpipe is a little bit wider than the replicas so we were able to just put one into the other and hold it all up to get literally the most perfect fit possible.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:51 PM
iheartmyz

Bringing this back! What's the difference between the magnaflow 11385/11386? Which one will quiet it down, get rid of the rice but keep the VQ exhaust note?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM
purelav_z

I have Borla exhaust on my Z and I just installed the Magnaflow X pipe. It did help with the hissing noise which is now gone, but it is still quite raspy when I floor it and higher rpms. Im not sure what to do about the rasp, Im stuck.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Trevor Hebert

I installed the magnaflow xpipe a few days ago, and OH MY GOSH. The difference.... For me it took away all rasp I had(which was a lot since I have MR cats), and also, my cabin has a lot less vibration.
Probably the best mod I have done to my car yet. I HIGHLY recommend getting this xpipe. Everytime I drive my car I want to punch it now that it sounds so beautiful. If any of you are second guessing this installation, DO NOT hesitate.
Also, make sure you get the right sizes. I believe the REP exhaust are 2.5in, so make sure you get the 11386(2.5in). HKS is 2.25in(I THINK) so get the 11385(2.25in).