Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Weapon R Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011 | 11:56 PM
03basesedan

Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
I'm pretty sure the point of the Intake comparison was to show what initial gains were made(if any) prior to tuning.

If the ECU is reset prior to each intake, it will adjust accordingly as it runs. No, it won't instantaneous. But if each intake CLAIMS to increase HP by 6-10hp, you would see an increase right away. Learned ECU or not, there would be gains if they were really there.

There's truly no argument here. We all know to get any REAL gains out of bolt-ons, we need to tune our cars.

80% of the owners on here and over on G35Driver won't get their car tuned after bolt-ons.

The test was to show the "no-****" numbers that a car makes upon installation.

No intake manufacture says their gains are made after tuning. They say "direct bolt-on 7-10hp".

We all know that's not true but to those who start the countless threads about intakes who will believe anything, they can now see what happens.

Make sense?
+111111111, I was originally just going to bold a few points for terrasmak, but your whole damn post is spot on.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Typically its roughly 60 miles , but its actually a matter of cycles to include RPM, starts, etc etc. Starting a car strapped to a dyno and letting it rip a minute later does not give time to adjust.
If a bolt-on, like an intake, is going to make power, it should be able to do so right off the bat. It could gain a little more after an extended adaptation period, but the initial gains should be obvious.

So also from what your saying, no need to tune my car once i install cams. Just reset the ECU and drive, guess it will learn the new cams in matter of seconds.
No, that's not what I'm saying... at all. Using cams as a comparable mod is also absolutely ridiculous. I'l chalk off your statement as you being purposely dense.

BTW the filter placement of the Popcharger pretty much the same of the stock airbox.
Did you read my post? It doesn't matter if it's in the same spot. It's the combination of the cone filter AND the close proximity to the MAF. The air hits the MAF in a different way than the panel filter on the stock intake, and that's the root of the problem.
You should read FinallyGotaG's post.