Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

LTH Install. Looking for some guidance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
MeinVinyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTH Install. Looking for some guidance.

I just bought my 350Z as of 9/21. I'm ordering the HKS duals and looking to go with the OBX LTH, but everyone says that it's a pain in the *** to install the LTH but no one has provided much information and I have not found a "how-to" on LTH, just the shorties.

I have heard that you need to remove motor mounts, pivot the engine, etc etc. But nothing to actually support this. Does anyone have any information about installing this or did everyone take their Z to a shop and just pay to have them put in?

Last edited by MeinVinyl; 09-27-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: rephrase
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 AM
MeinVinyl

anyone?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Itzcashew

Honestly headers do nothing. The only reason LTH works better is the cat delete. You're better off with a set of test pipes or HFC.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MeinVinyl
I just bought my 350Z as of 9/21. I'm ordering the HKS duals and looking to go with the OBX LTH, but everyone says that it's a pain in the *** to install the LTH but no one has provided much information and I have not found a "how-to" on LTH, just the shorties.

I have heard that you need to remove motor mounts, pivot the engine, etc etc. But nothing to actually support this. Does anyone have any information about installing this or did everyone take their Z to a shop and just pay to have them put in?
Well on the 03-06 the S&G seemed to be the only good set of LTH's for the DE platform. It's a good 5 - 6 hour install at a shop with all the tools, so good luck doing yourself.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:55 AM
MeinVinyl

I plan on doing the headers, exhaust, intake, wheel bearings, new tires and brakes all in one day. I MAY order a used LSD diff and do that at the same time too. We'll have to wait and see how much money I'm going to have in the next few weeks first.

I figured if we started @ about 7AM, we SHOULD be done by 5PM with 3 guys working on it, 2 of which are techs.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

Alright, I have done this 2 times, and without touching the motor mounts... you need to remove the hard coolant line on the passenger side, take the bolts out of the ac compressor and put it off to the side, removing the dip stick and the little bracket that holds it on is helpful too, sky jack your car in the front. I did not mess with the steering shaft at all either time, it is a TIGHT fit on both sides. You are in for a good time, lol, first time it took me 2 days to install shorty headers and HFC pipes, second time it took me a day to install the OBX LTH's, take your time and everything should be fine. There is a how to out there for this, no idea where I found it like 4 years ago, but it is there.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
MeinVinyl

Originally Posted by Classy
Alright, I have done this 2 times, and without touching the motor mounts... you need to remove the hard coolant line on the passenger side, take the bolts out of the ac compressor and put it off to the side, removing the dip stick and the little bracket that holds it on is helpful too, sky jack your car in the front. I did not mess with the steering shaft at all either time, it is a TIGHT fit on both sides. You are in for a good time, lol, first time it took me 2 days to install shorty headers and HFC pipes, second time it took me a day to install the OBX LTH's, take your time and everything should be fine. There is a how to out there for this, no idea where I found it like 4 years ago, but it is there.
Thanks for the info. How do you like your OBX headers?