Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

confused about the fujitsu y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003 | 11:42 AM
Rice_Boii

Unhappy confused about the fujitsu y pipe

I was reading that the fujitsu y pipe is nothing special. Im a noob at this. I want to do the fujitsubo exhuast along with y pipe but am i spending my money correctly? Is the y pipe upgrade good? Will i benifit anything out of it? Should i just get the exhaust and not the y pipe? I need all the info i can get into my head about this y pipe. Thanks
Old 12-31-2003 | 12:34 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin
Premier Member

I've been doing research as well and yes it would be a good thing to do a Y-Pipe. I talked to this one guy and he went with the Japtrix Y-Pipe and gained 5 HP with his Fujitsubo Exhaust. I had asked him why he didn't get the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe and the Japtrix Y-Pipe was the best for the price and gains. He now has about 12 HP for his Exhaust which is about the same as the Dual Stillen claims.

Plus after that, put on some Random Tech Cats as well.
Old 12-31-2003 | 04:58 PM
fdao

Default Re: confused about the fujitsu y pipe

Originally posted by Rice_Boii
I was reading that the fujitsu y pipe is nothing special. Im a noob at this. I want to do the fujitsubo exhuast along with y pipe but am i spending my money correctly? Is the y pipe upgrade good? Will i benifit anything out of it? Should i just get the exhaust and not the y pipe? I need all the info i can get into my head about this y pipe. Thanks
Well, if you get the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe and Muffler, it'll cost you more than if you get the NISMO Exhaust, which has the same features.

If I were you, I would swap the Y-Pipe and the straight pipe with resonator, following it. I would keep the stock muffler as it's quite unrestricted, from what I've gathered. If sound is important to you, than just get the NISMO or Borla. Next to the CATS, the Y-pipe/straight pipe w/resonator are probably the next restricted components.
Old 12-31-2003 | 05:06 PM
FairladyZ

I would go with the japtrix because its cheaper.
Old 12-31-2003 | 05:46 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Originally posted by AFitchTLS
I've been doing research as well and yes it would be a good thing to do a Y-Pipe. I talked to this one guy and he went with the Japtrix Y-Pipe and gained 5 HP with his Fujitsubo Exhaust. I had asked him why he didn't get the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe and the Japtrix Y-Pipe was the best for the price and gains. He now has about 12 HP for his Exhaust which is about the same as the Dual Stillen claims.

Plus after that, put on some Random Tech Cats as well.
That is probably me, if you go for a non-dual system then you should get a y-pipe to ge the most out of the system.

The Japtrix one I think is the best deal, I haven't researched lately. The Dyno'd the car with just the mid-pipe they manufactured and got 6HP then they dyno'd again with y-pipe and mid-pipe and got 11HP, therefore they attributed 5HP to the y-pipe.

As Frank says the muffler doesn't seem to make a difference, Japtrix tried different ones and other than changing the sound it had no impact on the HP.

I originally posted info on it here https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=26180
Old 01-01-2004 | 01:54 PM
MY350Z.COM

moved
Old 01-01-2004 | 09:48 PM
BlackNissan350z

I currently have stock exhaust manifolds, with the test pipes and the rest of the exhaust is stock, will the fujitsubo y pipe match up with the rest of the exhaust?
Old 01-01-2004 | 10:48 PM
fdao

Originally posted by BlackNissan350z
I currently have stock exhaust manifolds, with the test pipes and the rest of the exhaust is stock, will the fujitsubo y pipe match up with the rest of the exhaust?
Yes, it should, since it comes right after the CATS/Test Pipes.
Old 01-02-2004 | 12:09 AM
BlackNissan350z

Originally posted by fdao
Yes, it should, since it comes right after the CATS/Test Pipes.
so there is no problem bolting the fujitsubo y-pipe to the rear section of the stock exhaust
Old 01-02-2004 | 12:25 AM
fdao

Originally posted by BlackNissan350z
so there is no problem bolting the fujitsubo y-pipe to the rear section of the stock exhaust
No, however, you should also consider changing the midpipe following it as well, since it's smaller than the y-pipe collector. So, in essence, you have opened up your flow, only to be restricted again at the midpipe.