Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Crawford Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004 | 09:43 PM
F2dmfine

Default Crawford Plenum

I would like to start off by saying that I just installed my Crawford Plenum, and I am 100% satisfied with it. I can definitely feel the car pulling harder especially after 4k RPM. I would also like to add that this is the only mod that I have put on my car... Some might wonder why I am writing this. Well before I get into that I would like to make a couple of things very clear:

1. I am not an employee of Crawford
2. I am not paid in any way by Crawford
3. I didn't get any "Special" pricing on my plenum except for the discount for being a my350z member

With that said I would like to get to my reason for writing all of this...Ever since I became a member of my350Z.com and started to read threads on various performance products I noticed a pattern from one particular member ( You know who you are...your screen name has 3 letters)..Every time a Crawford product was mentioned this person would bash it by saying that there is no proof of hp gains or that they are just trying to sell and so on. He even offered Happy Meal money like $20 for dynos w/ proof of gains from any member. The only reason that I am so annoyed with this person is because he trashes a product that he has not even tried himself?? Where is the logic in that?? Unlike you, I decided to try the plenum and see for myself if it did work or not. And well it did....and believe me if I wouldn't have been 100% satisfied with it I would have definitely said so. Bottom line is I don't need your $20 or $100 to prove to you with a dyno if it has gains( although I might have one done anymay, for my own curiousity) I definitely feel the difference and that is worth much more to me than some dyno! So please have some personal experience with a product before you fill up this forum with your ignorant opinions on any product!
Old 01-15-2004 | 09:48 PM
FLY BY Z

Haven't we all gotten over this poop yet?
Old 01-15-2004 | 10:01 PM
fdao

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
Haven't we all gotten over this poop yet?
WERD
Old 01-15-2004 | 10:04 PM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

I see a fanta shokata movie coming soon.
Old 01-16-2004 | 02:02 AM
samw1978

Seems like EVERYONE's very satisfied with it
but I just don't like the idea of removing or relocating the strut bar... or I'd have gotten it a long time ago
Old 01-16-2004 | 04:06 AM
zimbo

You can't fault someone for wanting to see a before/after dyno. There are lots of people who claim to feel seat-of-the-pants differences in mods that have been proven not to add any power.

I have had a Crawford on two different cars now (prior to going with FI), but I still see no reason to bash someone for wanting to see a dyno.

--Steve
Old 01-16-2004 | 05:28 AM
VandyZ

I am sending HFM a plenum on Monday for him to evaluate. If he likes it, maybe he will buy one. If he does not like it, then oh well. He is to dyno himself the first week in Feb.

Adam
Old 01-16-2004 | 08:47 AM
hfm

Default Re: Crawford Plenum

Originally posted by F2dmfine
Ever since I became a member of my350Z.com and started to read threads on various performance products I noticed a pattern from one particular member ( You know who you are...your screen name has 3 letters)... Every time a Crawford product was mentioned this person would bash it ... So please have some personal experience with a product before you fill up this forum with your ignorant opinions on any product!
F2dmfine, you've been a member for a little less than two months since November 16, 2003. In the short time you've been here, it's clear from your 30 posts that you are interested in modifying your car and that you appreciate positive feedback from other forum members. That being the case I'm not going to respond like a total jackass. But, I will say this:

I have never bashed the product. Do a search. You will find I just want dynos.

If you like to try out products without independent dynos, that's great. But, don't tell me, or for that matter, anyone else how to spend their money because frankly, it's not your business.
Old 01-16-2004 | 09:06 AM
FLY BY Z

I agree with HFM. I was the original Crawford basher for a long time. But I didn't bash the product itself so much as the way they represented themselves as a company. They are so much better now that I have no qualms with Crawford whatsoever. HFM has been on a "prove it" kick for the last two or so months, this is true. But why should we expect less from an independent than from a mass producing corporation? We practically require a dyno (and even those are highly challenged) by any manufacturer claiming gains such as JWT, NISMO, Miscrosoft, Vishnu, Technosquare, Injen, AEM, etc. Why not require it from Crawford? Also, tons of people post dynos that buy the product rather than sell it. We all know that third party perspective is much more reliable and convincing than a manufacturers commercial. Anyways, I am def. not passionate about this topic anymore so I won't try to get into any argument. Just know that my 2 cents states that nothing is wrong with wanting to see dynos from any product that is supposed to be a HP producer from a source other than the company that makes it.
Old 01-16-2004 | 09:48 AM
Balls

yeah this topic is getting pretty old... =\
someone should start responding to posts like this with the more typical "do a search". Hahaha.

I love the "That being the case I'm not going to respond like a total jackass." comment. HAHA! A little condescending but damned funny!
Old 01-16-2004 | 08:28 PM
350zdanny

But why should we expect less from an independent than from a mass producing corporation? We practically require a dyno (and even those are highly challenged) by any manufacturer claiming gains such as JWT, NISMO, Miscrosoft, Vishnu, Technosquare, Injen, AEM, etc. Why not require it from Crawford?
I will say this: I don't expect less from Crawford, but you can't expect them to go out of their way to force someone to do an independant dyno. It no longer becomes independant.

I will say this as well: The customer service you get at Crawford is unbelievable and that is where they distance themselves from those other companies. I've read alot of their replies to some people inquiries and while they were not the most logical all the time, it still showed that they were very passionate about their product. I think that, above all, we shouldn't lose site of the fact that they run a good operation over at Crawford, however there will always be people looking for independant research, and that's fine too. It just takes some time every now and again.
Old 01-16-2004 | 09:16 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by 350zdanny
I will say this: I don't expect less from Crawford, but you can't expect them to go out of their way to force someone to do an independant dyno. It no longer becomes independant.

I will say this as well: The customer service you get at Crawford is unbelievable and that is where they distance themselves from those other companies. I've read alot of their replies to some people inquiries and while they were not the most logical all the time, it still showed that they were very passionate about their product. I think that, above all, we shouldn't lose site of the fact that they run a good operation over at Crawford, however there will always be people looking for independant research, and that's fine too. It just takes some time every now and again.
I don't disagree with you. However, don't confuse a request for a dyno from an independent responded to by Crawford to be a request to Crawford for a dyno from an independent.