Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Pop charger killing Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
silverstoneTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm well havent tried the ecu reset, ill try that tomorrow since i dont have school and will get the timing right and what not. however, the car turned off on me twice today, both times on the highway as i accelerated full blast and for seemingly no reason. any other ideaS? i think i may try to call JWT tomorrow to see what they say. Hopefully not somehting im gonna have to take the charger out because of.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:56 PM
B2BigAl

Man that really sucks dude. Sounds like you may have damaged the MAF when you took it out. I take it you've checked the connections and made sure there is a VERY tight seal where the MAF connects to the intake tube. If there is even a slight leak there, it will kill the car, especially under hard acceleration. Due to air getting in past the MAF, and into your engine unmonitored. My suggestion would be to take out the popcharger and put the stock airbox back in. If it still keeps happening, take it to nissan and have them look at it, with the stock airbox on. If it's just the popcharger, do like I said and make sure you have the MAF pushed into the intake tube ALL THE WAY, and that it has a good seal. Also, be sure you didn't bend the lip of the intake tube around where the MAF goes in. I've seen so many people do this, and it's real easy to do. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:00 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah...sorry to hear you're having troubles man. I installed my Popcharger last weekend and its awesome!!!!!

I think you damaged your MAF sensor during the install. They are pretty delicate. I hope thats not the case though for your sake.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:02 PM
silverstoneTT

oh jeesh, i hope so too. im gonna look over at it tom. i actually havent gone back to look at the connector since i put it in, didnt seem like there was much that could go wrong clicking something in. im gonna go crazy tom. to see if it happens more and go from there. thanks for the suggestions so far