Need an honest review.
Do you really feel any difference?
Was it worth the $?
Old 03-12-2004 | 08:03 PM
ajk4

yes, and yes.
Old 03-12-2004 | 08:38 PM
Ultimateone

Dude theres already a million posts about installing it, impressions, versus posts....why start another one?
Old 03-12-2004 | 08:57 PM
350ed
Professional
Premier Member

Guess he feels the others are dishonest
I'll let you know if I ever get mine.
Old 03-12-2004 | 11:01 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Dude theres already a million posts about installing it, impressions, versus posts....why start another one?
Read countless of them. Some say it is a POS and some say it rocks. But mostly its some trivial war between Kinetix and Crawford.

I am just asking for people to respond with their opinions of the pure performance of this mod. Basically I was trying to avoid posts full of people doing what you just did...throwing the thread off track. "Dude search." I have I didnt find what I was looking for so I posted this if thats alright with you. Now if you have the mod please post your opinion if not.....

While Im at it how do you guys honestly feel about your UR pullies?

I dont want dyno results for the plenum...just want to know if you guys really felt a difference.
Old 03-13-2004 | 05:22 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

yes
Old 03-13-2004 | 05:25 AM
SungNamZ

Yes
Old 03-13-2004 | 05:29 AM
FritzMan

I don't have the plenum yet (have ordered one with cats, I'm now waiting for turn for shipment), I do have a pulley and Popcharger installed recently.

I've very pleased with the pulley. There's a definite improvement in the motor's ease of reving, making hell/toe action much easier and fun to do. My car definitely feels like it pulls better up top, but it's hard to determine how much of that is attributed to the Popcharger which was installed the previous day.

BTW, pulley install is quite easy. Be sure to remove the engine cover though, so you can use a super large bar extension (3' conduit baby!). Also, be sure to release the pulley tensioner main bolt before cranking on it's adjusting bolt (don't ask how long that took me to figure out!). If it weren't for the gazillion undertray bolts, the pulley install can be a DIY within 1 hr.
Old 03-13-2004 | 06:23 AM
FLY BY Z

Yes the plenum makes the power. The wars are generally not about which makes more power, more about looks and STB differences. If you just want to make the 10 or so HP a plenum makes and keep everything else the same, the Kinetix will work great. If you want a little more bling with your power, get the Crawford and their STB. The leak or cracking issues were nullified after the first 20 plenums sold so you can disregard anyone making comments about that. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2004 | 07:47 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

honestly....searchng is your best bet. If you are looking for an overwhelming number of people to say yes it rocks, no it does not that might be hard to find in the mire of all the threads....but teh opinions are there from the people who have them.

Same goes for the pullies...I have not read one negative review from those that actually have it.
Old 03-13-2004 | 07:59 AM
Ultimateone

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
Read countless of them. Some say it is a POS and some say it rocks. But mostly its some trivial war between Kinetix and Crawford.
The only time I have seen someone "diss" the Kinetix was just a person who wanted to eventually get the plenum and decided to bash them because of the cracking issues with peoples installs. Dont forget that the cracking is mostky due to user install but its already been fixed. Myself, I honestly feel Im gonna go with the Kinetix because of the many reasons thats been discussed before.
Old 03-13-2004 | 08:04 AM
all_bark

I LOVE IT!

more than any other mods I have, (see sig below) it iMMEDIATELY showed power gains, more than anything else!

and then I dyno'd it and got the proof.
Old 03-13-2004 | 08:23 AM
DaveO
Sponsor

Default Re: Kinetix Plenum

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
Need an honest review.
Do you really feel any difference?
Was it worth the $?
I, for one, thank you for starting this tread. I'm interested in the subjective opinions of as many people as possible on how well the latest version of the Kinetix Plenum is working out.

DaveO
Old 03-13-2004 | 09:12 AM
zillinois

I can't speak on the plenum debate. But I have the pulleys and it is difficult to tell anything. I think the margin of error on a butt dyno is about what the pulleys add. 5-6hp. They dyno well, but honestly I can't feel it. I think the motor and exhaust breaking in added more power than the pulleys.
Old 03-13-2004 | 09:26 AM
lsdunique

The new revised planums are now shipping, so look for reviews and pics on them as they will probably be posted.
Old 03-13-2004 | 12:02 PM
EnthuZiast

I, for one, thank you for starting this tread. I'm interested in the subjective opinions of as many people as possible on how well the latest version of the Kinetix Plenum is working out.
Glad this helps you out as well. I found this thread very helpful so far.
I will make sure I post on each of my mods. I will be as honest as possible. My first mod goes on this week. A Flowmaster 80.
Old 03-13-2004 | 12:55 PM
sands

Z1, I thought I read a post were you were going to install a Kinetix this weekend?
Old 03-13-2004 | 06:21 PM
dduck44

Enough opinions for me, I just ordered mine before the price increase. Borla, LSD test pipes and UR pulley just waiting on a decent ECU now.
Old 03-14-2004 | 01:29 AM
EnthuZiast

Thanks...Im going to start modding next week and post my results.

Quick Reply: Kinetix Plenum