Old 03-22-2004, 06:02 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case everyone forgot the stock plenum is aluminum too. LoL
Old 03-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds true, but I have kept tabs on my plenum after running it hard. Last time out at the track I was surprised I could hold my hand on it, it was warm, but not burning. I've def felt way hotter plenums after running it hard than the Z's....but as far as the Crawford vs Kinetix-I would also say the Kinetix has the advantage.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:47 PM
FLY BY Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hfn
Only sort of. Technically the heating cycle will be during the first 5-10 minutes before it begins to cool down.
Who the hell are you? Imposter! Either way, each car is different. It can take a while for the cooling to begin, but for an actual cool underhood, at least an hour.

Yes, lol, Vandy, the stock plenum is aluminum. It also restricts the front cylinders by 35% or 25% or whatever Doug reported. Oh Vandy, the stock suspension is aluminum. It also makes a bouncy ride and causes feathering. Is stock always good?

Alberto, I burned my hand on my stock plenum. Maybe your car runs cooler or something. I burned myself the second day I had the car. Not really something I brag about, but it is suitable here.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:50 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by hfn
After running my Crawford plenum, I was SHOCKED I could put my hand on the plenum without it being TOO hot.

Good job guys on the coating! VERY heat resistant!
\

Right. We know who you are not.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by hfn
After running my Crawford plenum, I was SHOCKED I could put my hand on the plenum without it being TOO hot.

Good job guys on the coating! VERY heat resistant!
Whoever you are... you're right on the coating being "Cool" to the touch... even after being run hard.

Though... who in the world are you?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WTF I thought HFN didnt own a plenum? Maybe hes been drinking again, I remember reading him post once and he said he had been drinking, I dunno weird
Old 03-22-2004, 08:16 PM
FLY BY Z

If you research hfN's profile you see he has over 150 posts but registered tonight. You also see that there is not 150 posts made by him but rather 4 (at this point). Is this a mod, a hacker, or what?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:19 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mods don't have access to that.

I hope it's not a hacker cause if they can hack that then we are doomed.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:21 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyways, i got rid of him/her/it.....if they register again legitamtely, we will know who it is cause i wrote down the IP.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:52 PM
infidsg35

Better do a good backup ASAP..
Old 03-23-2004, 09:17 AM
hfm

Originally posted by Alberto
WTF I thought HFN didnt own a plenum? Maybe hes been drinking again, I remember reading him post once and he said he had been drinking, I dunno weird
Nope, not me. I guess it's someone interested enough in my opinion that he's willing to attempt some sort of pseudo impersonation of me. It's flattering even if this guy is mondo bizzaro.

Thanks Vic.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:33 PM
rodH

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Whoever you are... you're right on the coating being "Cool" to the touch... even after being run hard.

Though... who in the world are you?
I have noticed that it is much cooler than stock
Old 03-24-2004, 12:20 AM
nuttyprof

on the original issue of the CAI's.
i have a g35 running the popcharger, but the concept should be the same.

anyways, CAI's are supposed to have more gains on the dyno...and it is proposed that on the open road with the high pressure zones in the bumper, they give less gains.

also, i remember jason telling me that the nismo is acually better than the Popcharger for the 350Z. are the AEM and Nismo the same? i dunno. im a G guy.

will you be doing another dyno with the plenum changed? id like to see that a lot. =) but then again, im a dyno freeloader.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:27 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by nuttyprof
anyways, CAI's are supposed to have more gains on the dyno...and it is proposed that on the open road with the high pressure zones in the bumper, they give less gains.
I think you mean that the other way around. On the road at high speeds, the high pressure would force more cold air into the CAI. Sitting on the dyno, the only air being forced into the CAI is from the cooling fans in front of your car.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:27 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

also, i remember jason telling me that the nismo is acually better than the Popcharger for the 350Z. are the AEM and Nismo the same? i dunno. im a G guy.

will you be doing another dyno with the plenum changed? id like to see that a lot. =) but then again, im a dyno freeloader.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:33 AM
nuttyprof

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
I think you mean that the other way around. On the road at high speeds, the high pressure would force more cold air into the CAI. Sitting on the dyno, the only air being forced into the CAI is from the cooling fans in front of your car.
no, actually i meant what i said. when at high speeds, the high pressure zones in the bumper would actually be sucking air out of the intake. i dont know about the Z, but for my G, it is when i am moving at high speeds that air is forced into my Popcharger. we have that scoop thingy between our hoods and grills.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Hupperware

That makes some sense... but why do you run leaner with an intake. By you saying it's taking air away, you would run richer methinks.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Vash350Z

no, actually i meant what i said. when at high speeds, the high pressure zones in the bumper would actually be sucking air out of the intake. i dont know about the Z, but for my G, it is when i am moving at high speeds that air is forced into my Popcharger. we have that scoop thingy between our hoods and grills.

that doesnt make any sense, the molecules in an area of high pressure are naturally going to move to any area of lower pressure, so if the area inside the bumper is of a high pressure than the intake (which it will obviously be since the intake is in vacuum) then more air will be forced in at speed.

Quick Reply: My AEM vs Pop-charger dyno's...