Old 07-26-2004, 04:43 PM
johnnyblaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you like a cookie?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:53 PM
lowrider

Dave

With the Kenitex you do need to keep your old plenum to put back when the plenum breaks. With the Crawford you don't. And hey, how you callin' fugly? You're fugly!

Lou
Old 07-26-2004, 06:06 PM
pricanz

Call me a dumb*** but can someone explain how to fix the strut bar from rubbing with the plenum
thanks
Jose
Old 07-26-2004, 07:50 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by pricanz
Call me a dumb*** but can someone explain how to fix the strut bar from rubbing with the plenum
thanks
Jose
Get a adjustable wrench and loosen the 2 outer nut on the strut bar. Turn the center nut towards the front of the car (or was it back) Either way, turn it till the strut bar clears the plenum, then tighten the outer 2 nuts and you're done.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the older Crawford plenum is ugly, get over it. It looks like a$$. The newer ones are nice, but I wouldn't buy a damn thing from them just because of certain Crawford pushers, and you know who you are, and everyone else does too.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:35 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dave079
Dude f*** you first of all ok. Im not fugly, I get plenty of girls. That has never been a problem. I didnt call anyone fugly, I said the plenum is. Its my opinion, deal with it. And 2nd of all yes if you need warranty work done its nice to have your stock plenum handy instead of giving it to crawford.
Originally posted by lowrider
Dave

With the Kenitex you do need to keep your old plenum to put back when the plenum breaks. With the Crawford you don't. And hey, how you callin' fugly? You're fugly!

Lou
HEY BOTH YOU GUYS TAKE A CHILL PILL.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:46 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about the first post gets edited to let everyone know that it was not a crack?

For some reason I was bored enough to read this entire thread... had I not, then I would think that the V4 plenum is cracking and if anyone ever asked me I would say it cracks... and then there would be ******** floating around.

i dont care about anyones plenums currently on the market, but i think it would be proper courtesy if the first post was edited so that people who dont read 5 page long threads in their entirety will not be thinking that a V4 has cracked.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:10 AM
THX723

Sounds like a great suggestion. It sure had it me going when I first saw this post!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 06:35 AM
myz8a4re

I agree, an edit is called for. I know I sure believed there was a crack untill I read on & did tests of my own on my own kinetix plenum......so far the v4 plenums are showing to be superior over the previos versions & no cracks as of yet!

-justin
Old 07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Bahraini350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alphared
Get a adjustable wrench and loosen the 2 outer nut on the strut bar. Turn the center nut towards the front of the car (or was it back) Either way, turn it till the strut bar clears the plenum, then tighten the outer 2 nuts and you're done.
Do I do that whith the strut fixed or removed? coz it's easier removed
Old 07-27-2004, 01:48 PM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by Bahraini350Z
Do I do that whith the strut fixed or removed? coz it's easier removed
You would have to do it with the bar installed on the car otherwise you would not be able to get the bolts to line up when trying to install it later. the only problem that I can see with doing this is that if you get it too tight, it might cause some unnecessary pressure on the strut towers and possible effect alignment. Maybe not, but that is just what I think might happen. I have my V4 installed and the strut bar does not touch the plenum.

-Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 10:12 PM
all_bark

put my ver 4 on today (yes the version one had to be replaced) and i am very happy. went on perfectly, all bolts lined up and went right in. having no center bolts was also a great change. Less under the plenum and more strength with the new set up.

obviously we have to wait to determine if this is the final version but all in all it went in very easy (less than one hour total install) and i was so confident all was fine I put the engine cover and strut back on prior to testing!

When I started up the car several hours later I got the service engine soon light so I started up my OBD II and hit the OFF button and the light went off just like that! it has not come back on either. That I have to thank Chazzg for because he supplied me with the OBD II for my Z-PC!

Anyway, all is well and the car runs just like with the Version 1 it is just a tad quieter than before but not really much different.

thanks kinetix for the fast support!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:29 PM
THX723

... I always get curious as to why some people get the CEL after the plenum swap. Did you by any chance check to see what error code it was tripping?

Did you diconnect the battery before performing the plenum operation? If so, did you reconnect the throttle body harness prior to reconnecting the battery (at the end of the operation)?

I'm not saying the above will lead to CEL condition ... simply curious.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:14 AM
all_bark

no, i did not. just stright plenum swap!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:17 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by all_bark
put my ver 4 on today (yes the version one had to be replaced) and i am very happy.
Sorry to hear that you finally had to replace your V1, but glad to hear that the new install went ok. As for the CEL, did you check all the brass connectors to make sure they weren't plugged? That's how I got my CEL with the V1.

-CHris