Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:44 AM
screaminz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wonder how much difference there can be between all of the different headers out right now? Any aftermarket headers are going to allow the car to breathe better. I do have to admit though, those hp/tq umbers are very high.. I have the nismo r-tuned headers and love them. Also I just sent off my 04 350z ecu to technosquare for the full reflash so now all of my mods should come together...

Yammy2
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Nexusindustry

ECU mapping and tuning would obviously be a plus...there are some great piggy-back air/fuel computers in the market that with the right tuning and dyno time can result in increased gains a great deal of the time.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Z BOY
I am not at all interested in your dyno results on a stock engine. How many of us are completely stock? I would need to see some good indep dyno gains on MODIFIED Zs before i would consider buying your headers, especially considering your outrageous asking price.
We've been asking for nexus' headers' dyno results on a modded z since 11/23, which is not an unreasonable request, without any response whatsoever; no, check that, they gave us dyno results for their test pipes, instead. Something doesn't smell right. I'm out.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Road Warrior
you peeps have really gone overboard...i don't see stillen, nismo or other header manufacturers on here having to prove themselves to make a sale...you should have adequate info to make a decision at this point...get real and give the guy a break
Well, if NISMO or STILLEN signed up on the board i'm sure all of us would have PLENTY of questions to ask about their products.

I appreciate NEXUS for signing up and taking questions and giving answers.
The fact is, when a company states that their product increases HP more than the average product, then there WILL be scepticism. Which is why many of us find it hard to believe headers alone will produce +21hp to the wheels, since the average HP output for headers is around 10hp-15hp.

If a new vendor signs up claiming that their $400 cold-air intake increases 20hp to the wheels, people will have the same reaction and be sceptic as well.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:35 PM
mikeyj217

i stopped reading after like page 4 but if you still need a stock z and don't mind the new york area conditions my car can be your guinea pig! And if it is as good as the claims are ill pay for it
Old 12-03-2004, 01:39 PM
myz8a4re

they already had somone dyno the headers mikeyj217......its now just a wait for somone else to pick up a set, dyno & post thier results for comparison.....also waiting to see some results on an already modded z, thats how i interpreted the last few pages anyways!

-justin
Old 12-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Road Warrior

well thats cool...but from what i have read dynos have been done on both a stock and as requested also on a modified z...so how many dyno's is it going to take? most companies just tell you their gains and give nothing for proof but a dyno sheet. nexus on the other hand has actually dynod member's cars here on this forum and thats still not good enough, eh.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Nexusindustry

Sweeping statements made by some members are ok. It just makes me look better to my boss when I go out of my way to answer them. So here I go for my X-MAS BONUS.

For a dyno to be done several steps have to taken logistically. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as just grabbing any car.

1. We must source a modded 350Z in Florida. This person must be willing to come to the dyno and spend all day there if need be. Additionally, they must buy the header, though we will discount it significantly just so we can cover our costs. Also we have to pay for all the dyno time and install.

2. We must set up the dyno time at SpeedLab Dyno Facility. Many times we have to set up dynos weeks in advance to get the time slot. SpeedLab is the independent facility we use because they are a Dynojet facility, they are independent, and they are the southernmost dyno facility in the Continental USA. This means that the dynos will be done in the worst conditions of heat and humidity possible to purposefully rob the car of its ability to breath to assure that our products will make power anywhere.

3. I posted the test pipe dyno on a modded Z so that it could be seen that our products for the 350z do make power on modded Z's. Again I did that to give all the possible info I have.

4. Most importantly,there are no more Alphawerks Racing Development headers for the Z till January. We know this because we are the exclusive North American distributors of Alphawerks. All we have now are some prototype headers from Alphawerks that are obviously not the final versions. So how can I do the dyno w/o the header.

So as everyone can see, it is difficult to do any dynos right now on a modded Z. If anyone would like to volunteer a modded Z to come to a scheduled dyno session at SpeedLab as soon as I get the header in, I would love to do that. I can discount the price significantly (please by PM only) for the set of headers and we will pay for the dyno time. But if I do this dyno, does it have to be someone in particular on the forum and what mods would the person have to have? Because I want to make sure that I satisfy everyone here. Please reply as I want to understand your needs. My job is to go above and beyond what any other company has ever done.

Many thanks,

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
myz8a4re

you are deffinately going above & beyond thus far victor, great job! im curious, when will the ionstall of the headers take place for this florida dyno event? would it be the buyers responsibility to purchase & install the headers prior to the dyno meet? just curious as there may be a few curious of this......

thanx,
-justin
Old 12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by myz8a4re
you are deffinately going above & beyond thus far victor, great job! im curious, when will the ionstall of the headers take place for this florida dyno event? would it be the buyers responsibility to purchase & install the headers prior to the dyno meet? just curious as there may be a few curious of this......

thanx,
-justin
I will schedule the dyno on monday tentatively for the last week of January. That will give time for the headers to arrive. We will cover installation and dyno time ourselves. The only responsibility of the test car is the reduced price on the header. Essentially it works out to a partial sponsorship. Between the header price, install, and dyno time you end up saving like $600-750.

Thanks to all who have send pm's so far. As of now I have one taker, but you never know and I will need backups. I think this will be a great event.

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

so will you be dynoing the modded car without the headers, do like 3 pulls, then install the headers, and do 3 more pulls? (something like that?)
Old 12-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Z BOY

BRAVO AND STANDING O to Victor for listening to our concerns and making this modded dyno happen!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
xray2

I was actually quite surprised by this thread. Seems like Victor would be a highly sought after rep for any company.

After spending this much time writing concise and well articulated responses, I'd feel better buying these headers even if they didn't make the dyno results perfectly.

All you other crappy 350z vendors and sponsors take notes.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by myz8a4re

thanx,
-justin
Your Z would be PERFECT for this dyno!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 05:18 AM
neffster

How about a modded G35C-6MT. I live in Oviedo, FL (right outside of Orlando) and would be willing to travel to Tampa, Jacksonville, S. FL or anywhere in between (and I'd bring about 5-10 modded G35's and as many OZOC members with me as I could gather.

My performance mods are as follows...

350Z intake tube (same engine, tranny and intake as the 350Z)
Crawford Plenum V5
Random Technology High Flow Cats
JIC Y-Pipe

Credentials... I put together the Central FL Dyno Day (with 18 cars) and have a good understanding of how dynos work. Since the G35driver website search function is down, I'll link the post and the in depth write up of the results of our dyno day as soon as I can.

Also, I'm a mechanical design engineer at Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control-Orlando and would be willing to write an objective and fair evaluation (similar to the CFL Dyno Day write up) and post it for everyone to read.

I would however demand the ability to post info like;

(1) The number of pre-header dyno runs, their lowest, average and highest hp/tq results.

(2) The number of post-header dyno runs, their lowest, average and highest hp/tq results.

(3) I'd prefer a dynojet dyno so that we can use SAE corrections and smoothing, along with having the ability to overlay various dyno runs to see the area increase under the curves to truly measure the gains of your headers, but would be willing to use another dyno type with similar output data. The SAE corrections are important, as we want to be able to have the CF keep the runs as even as possible, especially with temperature and humidity increases throughout the day in FL.

Let me know what you think about the offer (BTW, I have an opportunity to get a slightly used set of Crawford Headers with under 1000 miles on them for a really good price, so let me know soon. Thanks).

-Neffster

Last edited by neffster; 12-05-2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
myz8a4re

Originally posted by Z BOY
Your Z would be PERFECT for this dyno!!!
Id love to be the modded test z, but numerous other modded z's beat me to it. Victor got flooded with pm's from potiential testers for the headers. Would be fun......can't wait to see the results!

-justin
Old 12-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by neffster
How about a modded G35C-6MT. I live in Oviedo, FL (right outside of Orlando) and would be willing to travel to Tampa, Jacksonville, S. FL or anywhere in between (and I'd bring about 5-10 modded G35's and as many OZOC members with me as I could gather.

My performance mods are as follows...

350Z intake tube (same engine, tranny and intake as the 350Z)
Crawford Plenum V5
Random Technology High Flow Cats
JIC Y-Pipe

Credentials... I put together the Central FL Dyno Day (with 18 cars) and have a good understanding of how dynos work. Since the G35driver website search function is down, I'll link the post and the in depth write up of the results of our dyno day as soon as I can.

Also, I'm a mechanical design engineer at Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control-Orlando and would be willing to write an objective and fair evaluation (similar to the CFL Dyno Day write up) and post it for everyone to read.

I would however demand the ability to post info like;

(1) The number of pre-header dyno runs, their lowest, average and highest hp/tq results.

(2) The number of post-header dyno runs, their lowest, average and highest hp/tq results.

(3) I'd prefer a dynojet dyno so that we can use SAE corrections and smoothing, along with having the ability to overlay various dyno runs to see the area increase under the curves to truly measure the gains of your headers, but would be willing to use another dyno type with similar output data. The SAE corrections are important, as we want to be able to have the CF keep the runs as even as possible, especially with temperature and humidity increases throughout the day in FL.

Let me know what you think about the offer (BTW, I have an opportunity to get a slightly used set of Crawford Headers with under 1000 miles on them for a really good price, so let me know soon. Thanks).

-Neffster
with your qualifications, you shoulda gone in quiet, a ringer.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Nexusindustry

I have read all the suggestions and perameters for the dyno testing...are there any more suggestions for the actual dyno's...because what has been suggested is what we do already: SAE correct, multiple runs with averages, etc...
Old 12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
350z2930

I can't wait till the headers come in.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Nexusindustry

The header production is done and they will be shipping out to us before the holidays. This means they will be ready for the public before the end of January (cross your fingers). I personally cannot wait to retest them again on another my350.com member's car. The test we do in January on a modded Z will be the 3rd or 4th dyno test we do on a my350.com member's car. I hope this makes everyone on the forum happy for the holidays.

Best,

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq