$9000?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcarp
what is the torque on the crank pulley?
Well the original directions called for 36 lb ft i believe... but the mechanic was smart enough to know that that was way too low, so he torqued it to 50 lb ft which he still felt was too low, but was better than 36... i believe the revised directions was something like 75 lb ft of torque? i don't remember... it was last summer so the exact numbers are kind of hazy.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:02 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by bhk1004
hmmmmmz i think you should have taken the car back to nissan with the mechanic saying that it couldnt possibly be a nut. at which point they would probably try to come up with another reason or possibly give you a new engine. it just pains me to watch a member buy a stock motor after thier original blew... just seems like so many ways you could have gotten a free engine through warranty
Yeah, it pains me too, but when i talked to the nissan service manager he said something to the effect of: because of all of your modifications there is no way we can cover this under warranty. to which i said: i thought you could only void the warranty if you could prove the modification caused the problem. to which he went on about the bolt and the "intake" which he meant plenum and not being able to tell for sure without a lot more work, and I had already paid them for 3 hours of work of which nothing resulted from. So yeah, with a lot more patience, money, and time (and a lawyer) i probably could have gotten a motor from nissan for "free" but not after all those costs in there.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You could be right. On a monetary basis, it could be a draw or even a net loss if you go through the courts and win.

But either way, it is totally wrong of them to do that.

It is for this type of situation that the consumer protection laws are written.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
jcarp

i say we get alot of people that have been screwed by nissan service and start a class action law suite. then they will start ****in doing something.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Nano

WTF? LOL! The car had issues related to the mods! A loose crank pulley is certainly something you don't want on an engine, the plenum spacer and missing bolt another indication of issues with modifications, and a coolant leak on top of that(haven't understood where the hole came from)... All these are not warrantable and combined can lead to a catastrophic failure. What caused the damage is debatable, but the car had issues because of modifications. His dealer was an *** how he handled the situation, but that doesn't change anything. Bottom line: tHe engine had issues because of mods.

I think people should take responsability for their mods and accept the fact when they screwup. Actually IMHO he did the right thing and I give him thumb-up.

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
You could be right. On a monetary basis, it could be a draw or even a net loss if you go through the courts and win.

But either way, it is totally wrong of them to do that.

It is for this type of situation that the consumer protection laws are written.

Last edited by Nano; 03-29-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
jcarp

So by me putting exhaust on my car and within the first month it dies and nissan says that we dont want to warranty it bc of exhaust it that right.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by jcarp
So by me putting exhaust on my car and within the first month it dies and nissan says that we dont want to warranty it bc of exhaust it that right.

a Car/engine doesn't die because of an exhaust, that is not right...... on the other hand, if the car burns down because you installed the exhaust wrong, than yes, you just owned yourself.

situation is a bit different from a car having lose crank pulley, bad crank seal, coolant issues, throwing cel codes and with lose bolts on the plenum.

Last edited by Nano; 03-29-2006 at 12:16 PM.