Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Can't start car help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:03 PM
HokieZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathanAboona
sorry to hijack this thread but I also have a starting problem. I currently have a nitrous system and car computer system hooked up to the battery. I was at a resturaunt a few days ago proceeded to start my car and it didnt work. the car turned over about a half a turn then died and I then found my car with no power at all. not even dome light power so i had it towed home and found that the 120A fuse on the positive side of the relay had been broken. I called the dealership and now have that whole fuse assembly on order 50 dollars !!! for it. Anyways today I tried hooking up 2 40 amp fuses in parallel today to it and got my accessories to work While my nitrous and car computer feeds were Disconnected from the car completley. Everything was working fine, I first started off with just the just the key in the ignition, then i turned the radio on, then the a/c blower, then the headlights. I then tried to start the car assuming the fuses I hooked up would blow, well they didn't. I heard a slight click when i turned the key (sound coming from starter I think) then nothing. now I am stuck with something wrong somewhere else that I cant figure out. once again absolutley nothing in the car is working. What makes me upset is that since I have the electronics in my car they will say its my fault when I dont think it is since I tried the same thing again with no electronics hooked up.

PLEASE HELP
Sounds like a bad battery. I've had 3 different cars do this when the battery either completely drained (and I mean completely) or had a cell die. I actually had a car have a cell die while driving and the car shut-off while going down the interstate. It would then not re-start and just click. Same thing just happened to my Jeep (the dead battery, 1-2 turns then nothing but clicks). Yours really sounds like a bad battery.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM
JonathanAboona

I guess I am not explaining it right, the battery is charged and in fine working order. Once that click occurs, THE ENTIRE CAR DIES. Not even a dome light works. When i rigged the fuse up, everything came back to life until I tried to crank it. it seems to keep shorting stuff out only on startup.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:35 AM
cbeneke

I'm having a similar problem with my 03. Occasionally when I try to start the car, everything goes dead. I get no headlights, no dome lights, no radio, and no crank. If I disconnect and reconnect the battery, everything works fine. The car starts normally and all of my electronics work. Has anyone else run into this?