Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Gray smoke coming from tail pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007 | 07:22 PM
Changvi

Default Gray smoke coming from tail pipe...

Ok, here it goes. yesterday, i added aditional a half quart of engine oil to my motor. Upon checking the dip stick, the line was above H. So this morning, i got some gas and proceeded to work as usual. All of the sudden, i see these grayish smoke coming from my pipe. Since this has happened before, i wasn't too concern about it. But the smoke kept on coming back upon acceleration and deceleration. Then it would go away, and then come back. So i figured maybe because i was running rich or something. As i was on my way home from work, the smoke came back, but not as bad. so i figured maybe i should reset my ecu to see if this would cure the problem. After the reset, the smoke seemed to disappear. i then i tokk the car for a test drive. There was still a small amount of grayish looking smoke, but not as bad as before....this was while sitting at a stop light. All of the sudden some smoke appeared underneath my car, which it seemed to come from either the TP or headers. I was like WTF? Ever since, the smoke just went away adn never came back. I asked my buddy, and he told me that it could be due to excess oil, and the engine burned off the excess oil. What do you guys think? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI my car is NA with plenum,TP, HKS TI, Strup headers. Unichip tune, and JWT intake

Last edited by Changvi; 05-23-2007 at 07:25 PM.