Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Grinding noise from gear 1 to gear 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Kabs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
NO need to raise hell with your service rep, I simply told em about the problem and left it at that, Nissan knows the car & the issues with owning a Z car. If you car is under warranty the dealer should cover all expenses, on parts & labor under warranty, I can only hope that you car is still under warranty. I have learned to talk the Nissan with a civil tounge, demands don't work with my dealership, they have most likely heard every story you could imagine. The truth is all that is needed, I read about this idea on My350z

hmmm i thought drivetrain is longer warranty.. cuase i think i just hit 36k today =\
Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kabs
hmmm i thought drivetrain is longer warranty.. cuase i think i just hit 36k today =\
Here is what you are looking for:

The Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty’s coverage is 36 months/36,000 miles. Powertrain coverage is 5 years/60,000 miles.

http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/faqs/warranty.html
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 AM
dman888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hijack thread but, i went to the dealership because i am grinding 3rd gear, at first they couldnt duplicate it, so then i took a ride with the tech and i showed him exactly when it grinds (under 2k rpms) then he took over the wheel and he grinded it, so they are now going to replace my tranny on tuesday, im not sure which tranny they are giving me but i know it is rebuilt, do you guys think its gonna eventually start gridning again, cuz knowing my luck they did not give me the 009
Old 09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dman888
sorry to hijack thread but, i went to the dealership because i am grinding 3rd gear, at first they couldnt duplicate it, so then i took a ride with the tech and i showed him exactly when it grinds (under 2k rpms) then he took over the wheel and he grinded it, so they are now going to replace my tranny on tuesday, im not sure which tranny they are giving me but i know it is rebuilt, do you guys think its gonna eventually start gridning again, cuz knowing my luck they did not give me the 009

BUMMER cause the replacement tranny that I have was a new transmission, clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing y todo... all under warranty. I know this for 2 reasons 1st off I looked under the car and the new tranny is shiny & new, also the receipt shows air shipping from LA, California, with all the above parts, installed for free. The dealer was cool about the free tranny, not soo cool about having to give a loaner Z for the weekend, also not too happy about eating the installation labor 2 times and the above parts 2 times also. Seems the dealer had a new tranny but used either of the incorrect parts, & had to replace all parts when the Z would not shift gears, into any gear. They were trying to save money and found out the hard way, in the long run the stealership will most likely not try that again.

So I see no reason why your stealership would not replace with all new parts & eat the labor all under warranty