Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

REplaced window motor and TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
aggie05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REplaced window motor and TROUBLE

WHen i hit the up button it goes down and visa versa? What did i DO or didnt do? This is on the driver side with a re manufactured window motor.

HELP PLZ
Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install it while suspended upside down from the ceiling?

But on a serious note, I suppose the internal motor wires were crossed during the reman. All you did was unplug and re-plugin the factory harness so no way the car could cause it.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
aggie05

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Did you install it while suspended upside down from the ceiling?

But on a serious note, I suppose the internal motor wires were crossed during the reman. All you did was unplug and re-plugin the factory harness so no way the car could cause it.
Yeah it was plug and play, any ideas on how to get this thing going the right direction?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
aggie05

Still need help, im still outside trying to figure out what the hells going on. please post anything if u got any ideas...Ill check back soon.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You put something in backwards. I know this is a simple answer.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
z2g

Switch the wiring on the harness, that should clear it up
Old 12-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If there is any way you can use a jumper and reverse input temporarally, that will verify an internal FU on Re Man. If your handy you can fix it, If your not, return it or get used to it
Old 12-13-2007, 08:20 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z2g
Switch the wiring on the harness, that should clear it up
+1. First confirm that it is the motor. If so, figure out via an FSM or a volt meter which wires on the harness send the 2 signals, then simply cut and reverse them.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Exiled Lakai

If its its working you installed it right. DONT CHANGE ANY WIRES. The only thing you need to do now is program the auto up-down feature. Until the button is reprogramed it will think up is down and down is up. I believe there is a thread about how to program the motor/switch over on 350ztech.com. I'm not trying to promote that site but my friends motor resently gave out too and when he replaced it thats where he found a thread dealing with how to reset the auto up and down. Or you can google it.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Exiled Lakai

found it!!! posted by Chezy-Z on a different forum....

............................................................ ......................................
I finally got around to "reprogramming" my passenger window that was not operating properly. A few people had mentioned that they needed to press and hold the reset switch behind the door panel, but as I found out there is a bit more of specifics necessary to accomplish the reset.

1. Make sure you know how to remove the door panel. I double-checked the internet for some specific steps so as to not eff up any parts or sratch the vinyl/plastic surfaces of the door.

2. Before you take the door panel off, make sure the window is rolled all the way up.

3. Because the window rolls up and down a bit when you shut or open the door, the door must be shut when attempting the reset process. You can just have someone hold the switch inside the door jamb so that the car thinks the door is shut or use a large c-clamp to hold it in as well. The linkage for the inside door handle kept me from completely removing the door panel in order the shut the door during the process. As you will see later, I found it a bit awkward to perform the reset process with only two hands so some help from a friend would be of benefit.

4. The reset switch is a little rubber nub sitting inside one of the holes in the metal, inner door cover. It is covered by a thin, round, sticky, vinyl cover. There's several of these covers on the surface of the door but it's one of the covers towards the middle of the door.

Reset Steps:

While holding the door close switch, press and hold the reset switch while rolling the window all the way down (do not use the auto-down method).

Release the reset switch, but keep the door close switch held in and roll the window all the way up (do not use the auto-up method).

Release the door close switch and check to make sure the window is adjusted correctly. That's it!........................................................

same process for the driver's side. I hope this helps!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 AM
aggie05

Ill try the reset, but i did it once with no luck. Anybody know which wires are + -, there are 6 total in the harness 2 big ones that are blue one with a red stripe i think and then 4 small ones on the bottom.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie05
WHen i hit the up button it goes down and visa versa? What did i DO or didnt do? This is on the driver side with a re manufactured window motor.

HELP PLZ
Sorry, but I LOL'd.

Keep us updated on the outcome...
Old 12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us updated. I have to change out my passenger side when the weather gets a bit warmer. The motor is slowly going out. Im going to try and do the DIY motor fix, but I think I need to get a new motor.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 AM
aggie05

OKay, I switched the pins on the motor harness to get the polarity in the right direction. Now the switch and motor are working in the right direction but the reset procedure isnt working. Ive followed the steps verbatim with no luck. IF i use the auto up and it kicks the window back down to halfway and when you open & close the door its not doing the little drop down. Unless anybody has any other ideas im going to take the motor back to oriellys and get another one.

Sigh, thanks for the help. Ill keep you posted .
Old 12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
aggie05

UPdate : Got another motor from Oreillys, plugged it in and everything works. Didnt even have to do the reset trick.

I can now see that compare to my new motor my passenger side is quite slower, Im sure ill have to tackle that one soon.

Goodluck to everyone with the window motor blues.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie05
UPdate : Got another motor from Oreillys, plugged it in and everything works. Didnt even have to do the reset trick.

I can now see that compare to my new motor my passenger side is quite slower, Im sure ill have to tackle that one soon.

Goodluck to everyone with the window motor blues.

Merry Christmas
How much did you pay for the motor?