Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window TSB fixed the grease marks, BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003 | 11:34 AM
MacGuru

Default Window TSB fixed the grease marks, BUT...

...now I have another problem. Every time I roll the window up (one touch), it automatically comes back down half way. Looks like the safety function of the window is activating after window is completely up. Scared me the first time it happened, I wasn't sure what the hell was going on. Then I manually held the window up button until it closed and for a couple of second longer. This seems to keep the window up. Doesn't happen all the time, more sporadic than anything else. Good news is that it happens often enough for the dealers to be able to replicate the problem. I have an appointment to get this looked at on Monday. I'll keep you posted. -m
Old 06-28-2003 | 11:51 AM
vics350

That sucks. I took my car in for the TSB and they could only do the driver side as they made a mistake and didn't order the passenger side replacement part.

My window functions normally but there is still a slight grease streak. It's very minor but, nevertheless, still there. I have to bring it back to the passenger side so I will bring this to their attention.

Is your streak completely gone?
Old 06-28-2003 | 02:18 PM
barrybell

I've had my Z since March 2003, it has 10k miles and it has never streaked, I can only assume they fixed the streaks in the production line before the end of 2002.
Old 06-28-2003 | 02:31 PM
noahbuddy

I have not done the window streak tsb, but my driver window has started doing that as well. Only on a few occasions, say 1 out of 5 times. Let us know if they fix it and I might take mine in to get the grease streak fixed at the same time.
Old 06-28-2003 | 03:58 PM
MacGuru

I'll keep you posted. As for the grease marks, none that I can see. Looks like the kit does work. I'm sure there's an adjustement to the sensitivity of the safety feature. -m
Old 06-28-2003 | 08:00 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict
Premier Member

I've had my windows fixed (passenger side twice, grease came back). The hardest part of the repair for the technician is to get the window aligned properly and the window positon controller synced right. They've always done mine correctly but the mechanic that does it is a especially trained for doors & windows.
Old 06-28-2003 | 09:06 PM
cheeves

Mine built 3/03..streaks like crazy. Windex for me!
Old 06-28-2003 | 09:36 PM
sluggo20031

I had my car fixed back in December before the TSB came out. Well it is summer now and the grease is back.. Guess due to the heat it oozed down to the felt pad again.

Otherwise. I love this car.
Old 06-30-2003 | 09:48 AM
s9am_me

i'm gonna take my car in on Wed. to get the TSB fix and for the Bose amp fix. will post results.
Old 06-30-2003 | 11:16 AM
zcar70

Default Re: Window TSB fixed the grease marks, BUT...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGuru
[B]...now I have another problem. Every time I roll the window up (one touch), it automatically comes back down half way.

EXACTLY why I will NOT have them take apart my door! A cotton cloth and window cleaner will be fine until the grease dries up!!

Too many things that can go wrong inside the 350Z door!!!!

Peaze!
Old 06-30-2003 | 12:40 PM
MacGuru

Well, I got the Z back with windows fixed. What was going to take all day, only took them 3 hours. Very impressive considering they always take an entire day to work on the Z. Thanks to Tom @ Koepel Nissan.

Problem has been eliminated, windows work fine now and no grease marks detected. I'll update in a couple of weeks.

Cheers. -m
Old 07-02-2003 | 12:23 PM
zpeed350

Default Re: Window TSB fixed the grease marks, BUT...

Originally posted by MacGuru
...Every time I roll the window up (one touch), it automatically comes back down half way.
This just started happeing to me. The weather in CT has finally heated up, hit high 90's last week. Its seem like after sitting in the hot sun the weather stripping must expan just enough to push back on the on the window and force it into safety mode. The fix, just hold in the up button instead of clicking it for auto up...then it won't come back down.

I don't mind cleaning my window streaks, they are barely noticable. My car is rattle free, and after hearing storie about numerous rattles I don't want Nissan taking my car apart. So the whole auto-up thing isn't bothering me too much either. I would imagine it is pretty complicated aligning the window since the move everytime you open and close the door.

If they fix it, let us know.
Old 07-02-2003 | 01:58 PM
Stilyle

I've been told that it is simply a matter of resetting the trip meter - this according to Nissan. I think they're on drugs to
suggest this as the solution, but I have yet to have the problem.
Inquired because a few people were having the problem here.
Try it.