Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

weird ratting noise??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Fallen612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird ratting noise??

i was driving home tonight and sat and reconized that when im at a stop i hear a rattling noise. sounds like its coming from the transmission. almost like a lightweight flywheel but not near as loud. compared from the other lightweight flywheels i have heard. i bout the car stock and have not modified the transmission at all. so i dont know what it could be.

and one more queston. i ran a guy tonight and missed 3rd gear. (i know i know. just an mistake.) does anyone think this damaged anything.?? the rattling happened before the rev limiter so idk. but it hit the rev limiter a few times and saw it in the red line. im so ashamed. but thanks guys for all the help!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Fallen612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o and i was thinking i bought the car used so maby the previous owner put an aftermaket clutch and flywheel but i dont know how to check. the clutch is stiff but i have never felt another 350z clutch to compare. but i doubt thats it??
Old 10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
stealthz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallen612
o and i was thinking i bought the car used so maby the previous owner put an aftermaket clutch and flywheel but i dont know how to check. the clutch is stiff but i have never felt another 350z clutch to compare. but i doubt thats it??
yes it can be "it" how many miles are on your Z. When the clutch is getting close to needing a replacement on a Z the pedal gets stiffer and more clatter noise happens more frequently.... and don't worry to much about bouncing off the rev limiter from time to time, the factory put it there for the safety of the car just try not to do it to often....