Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 AM
tgunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Thaddeus
So, was the trans or clutch replaced or both??

Both
Old 02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
LIdrew

Then you got ripped off. There is NO reason you should pay up front and then have to get a refund from Nissan. That is ridiculous. First of how much is a new tranny and clutch with labor? $5,000??
Unless you have MOds that CAUSED the problem, you need to contact a lawyer. Mine was replaced to questions asked
Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 AM
tgunn

Originally posted by LIdrew
Then you got ripped off. There is NO reason you should pay up front and then have to get a refund from Nissan. That is ridiculous. First of how much is a new tranny and clutch with labor? $5,000??
Unless you have MOds that CAUSED the problem, you need to contact a lawyer. Mine was replaced to questions asked
No mods have been done to the car, it was just like it was from the factory. I am going to call Nissan customer affairs and if I dont hear the right things, then a lawyer. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Pit Bull

tgunn, I agree if they replaced the transmission then everything should of been covered. I am sure Nissan will pay you back when you bring this to their attention. If they don't the lawyer will along with his expenses.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:30 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

Default just got my tranny replaced

just got my tranny replaced and put in a nismo flywheel and chutch. now my car is making a loud noise in low rpms like 2000 from just about every gear sounds like something is not aligned correctly if anyone has had this problem please let me know thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 07:40 PM
ssk0771

Angry Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again.

I had 2003 350Z and turned it in because it had so issue with tranny for 2004 Roadster and now, I am having issues with tranny again.

Took it to Cerritos Nissan and they are going to order me a new tranny.

They say it would take few day.

I hope I don't have to go through what I went through with my last Z.

(READ MY SIG)
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 AM
LIdrew

Mine was replaced Once at 17k, now have 19k miles. I see some of you have had it replaced multiple times. I'm glad I have an extended warranty for another 3 years because while I love the car, I just don't trust it. I come from a bunch of reliable yet not nearly as cool cars, 88 integra, 99 sentra se, 95 corolla, toyota pickup, even some amercian cars which were all virtually trouble free. This car has been a handful between the tire feathering and the tranny issue and it should not be. I have a very early model 03 and I know there will be more problems. I'm thinking about getting out of the car in about a year.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was replaced Once at 17k, now have 19k miles. I see some of you have had it replaced multiple times. I'm glad I have an extended warranty for another 3 years because while I love the car, I just don't trust it. I come from a bunch of reliable yet not nearly as cool cars, 88 integra, 99 sentra se, 95 corolla, toyota pickup, even some amercian cars which were all virtually trouble free. This car has been a handful between the tire feathering and the tranny issue and it should not be. I have a very early model 03 and I know there will be more problems. I'm thinking about getting out of the car in about a year.
umm....you know that all Nissans have a 5 year, 60K mile drivetrain warranty from the factory right??

I have an early model 03 and since I had my trans last replaced @ 12K miles and had an alignment done to fix the feathering, I've had ZERO problems with this car..and I now have just over 36K miles.

You DO realize that the Z is a SPORTS CAR right? There's inherent baggage that comes with owning a SPORTS CAR.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
LIdrew

I thought it was a 3 year warranty. Thanks for clearing that up. People should not be on their second and third tranny on a 2 year old car REGARDLESS of whether its a "SPORTS CAR" or not.That is complete BS. I can understand the rear tires needing replacement often, but the tranny issues and feathering are inexcusable and are design flaws, plain and simple. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE CAR, however, I don't see having it for an extended period of time as I have with many past cars all of which cost me no more than 10k used. For now, I'm gonna continue loving this car, keep the miles low and set my sights on something new for 2008.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
bio911

My transmission is on order... i will get a new clutcha nd all that good stuff... this better be the first and last time that the transmission will be replaced unless i break it!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 AM
bugz

Anyone here can let me know a good NICE nissan dealer to go and check my tran ??

I live in S. CA

I went to Tustin Nissan, and they told me that they can not lift my car up.... = = i installed bodykit but i did not lower the car, someone plz help. i told the dealer abt the tran problem, they said it's just a common thing to this car, and he told me IT IS NORMAL.....!!!

............................................. plz plz let me know which dealer to go......!!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:54 AM
alpine

Originally posted by bugz
Anyone here can let me know a good NICE nissan dealer to go and check my tran ??
Performance Nissan Durate.

They did my trans and clutch work at the same time.

Depending on your HP goals and usage with your car, be careful of what clutch you go with.

I could probably highly recomend keeping the stock flywheel (FW)(see if it needs/worth resurfacing) and then get the nismo clutch.

If you are staying NA you can also get a lightened flywheel like the JWT but you WILL experience more clutch/fw wear.

Phone: 866-214-2933 , you should also pm Jason@Performance here to line that up.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
xephiron

It's official, Serra Nissan just ordered my new tranny today. Shifting to 2nd isn't as smooth as it used to be, shifting into 3rd grinds. I have 23.4k miles on my car. The mechanic said the new tranny is much, much stronger because Nissan finally got it through their thick skulls that people don't buy a 350Z without performance in mind. And they got tired of replacing them, so they finally just went all out and made it tough as hell.
(3rd generation, and final tranny remake he said)

Anyway, now if I can figure out why my engine makes a grinding noise sometimes when I cold-crank it.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:41 PM
tractng

mc350z,

My friend has an '05 and he said it is hard to get into 2nd gear too.

I have an '04 with built date (Feb '04). Does anybody know what version of the tranny is?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 03-04-2005, 07:45 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mc350z
yeah your talking about the 008 version

i had it put in wednesday!

the only thing is inowi ts kinda hard to go into 2nd sometimes! no grinding just tuff to shift into any thoughts on this is it just newness of the tranny or is this a characteristic of the new tranny

EDIT i went back and read some of the posts on the new tranny i guess it does feel notchy into 2nd can a few more people confirm this is normal?
I have the 008 updated trans also and it's a little rough going into second sometimes...but this is completely normal...in fact...manual transmissions in general are rather notchy on the 1-2 shift. At least every one that I've ever driven has been.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:20 AM
pulpz2

I have an 2003 (6-03 build date). Not sure of the tranny model number. It was notch and hard to shift at first. But now with 16k miles It's loosened up considerably. When its cold its still notchy but once it warms up its nice and smooth.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Will nissan replace the tranny no matter what ? Like is there a limit to how many miles you have for example how they do the tires with the feathering. Like if you have more than a certain number of miles will they deny the service or make you pay for it ?

Quick Reply: Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.