Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Different Car won't start question... Intermittent starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
CaneZMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Car won't start question... Intermittent starting

So here is my setup... I have an 03 350 with an intelliguard alarm system and a vortech with the split second box. Both have been installed with no problems for over 4 years now.

My Z, at least once a day won't start. I get in the car, turn the key to on, depress the clutch, all of the lights, fuel pump, etc. come on like normal. I have fuel pressure on my gauge and the air is their because the pressure on my boost gauge goes to ambient. I turn the key to start, the engine cranks quickly like normal, but the engine won't catch and start running.

I know it's not the battery because the car always turns over (cranks) quickly. It has fuel because the pressure is 48 psi in the line. There is no check engine light on. And it's intermittent. This morning, it started on the first try. At the Gym, it took five tries. (by tries, I mean attempt start, remove key and re-try.) After I got to work, I immediately tried to re-start the car and it wouldn't start.

The car never stalls. For some reason, I think, the spark is not right on initial start-up. (you need air, fuel and spark to run; I know I have air and fuel, spark, I'm not sure.)

Anyone have this problem? Any Ideas? I would take it to the dealer, but they would kick me out due to the vortech.