Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Anyone in arbitration

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 AM
bigdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in arbitration

Hello all, I have started arbitration with the BBB, and closed the case with them. due to the fact that through the BBB Nissan holds the wiunning hand, I now have an attorney on the case. Please reply to this thread if you are in, or are planning on entering arbitration with Nissan. Could you please post the current status and the results to date on your arbitration.

Currently Nissan has not responded tyo my lawyers letters and we are about to file suit, hopefully Nissan will then pay attention.

Thanks

BTW I apoligize if there is a thread like this out there already, I searched and could not find one.

Last edited by bigdog; 09-22-2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:42 AM
TWK

I have concluded my arbitration with NNA. Email me at work and I will give you the details. KelleyTW@state.gov
Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 AM
bigdog

Well I guess I am bacsically alone here either that of people do not want to post about this subject. If people are interested, please let me know and I will keep all interested update with the progress.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I guess some people might be interested if we knew what can you go to arbitration over, not sure.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:13 AM
bigdog

Originally posted by westpak
I guess some people might be interested if we knew what can you go to arbitration over, not sure.

Well I am going to arbitration to have Nissan, replace the car, I am following the Georgia lemon law, of 3 major failures in the same area. I myself have had my transmission replaced 3 times in the last 10 months. I do love the Z and do want another one. I just do not have a lot of faith or trust in the one I am driving.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:07 PM
jim l

Im currently proceeding with NJ Lemon law. Nissan consumer affairs sucks and does nothing. Mine has a noise in the rear 63 days out of service. The car should have came with a bus schedule. Currently sent to NJ Consumer affaire arbitration.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:11 AM
takes12no1z

Default Sept 30th arbitration hearing

I have a hearing on September 30th in downtown Dallas.
The tire feathering/cupping/roaring whatever you want to call it, has come back after tire replacement. I will let everyone know the results and details.

I wonder if you have to sign a non-disclosure after the hearing and thats why you haven't heard anything from anyone.

I will not have my 1st ammendment rights stepped on by a french owned Japanese company... There's always the Lemon Law for backup.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:52 PM
jjtricket

Default Lemon Law

Hey TWK, whats the big secret? Let us know what the scoop is. I wonder if one can find out how many Z's have been bought back by Nissan.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:35 PM
spn350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried Texas Lemon Law but because I was not represent by attorney TX DoT and the whole process appears to favor the manufacture or NNA.

First NNA requested a delay after having had noticed given them siz months earlier by TX DoT! This was granted to NNA.

Second TX DoT would not let me change from fix to repurchase because the noticed sent to NNA was written with the wrong section of the TX Lemon code! Even after I provide evidence to TX DoT that I had requested repurchase on my complaint and had reciept for repurchase track fee (Repair is free).

Third the "fair use" depriciation drove up my cost. This is 1/120 000th per mile on odometer, with usage giving a second notice to NNA would cost more unless I did not drive!

I still have problem with suspension, it was absent for about two months after new tires and two or three alignments.

Possible second go at it since problem is still present.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:34 AM
TWK

There is really no big secret. It's just not good practice to discuss a pending law suit in a public forum.

I will however give you an update on my situation.

I have had the "tire feathering" issue with my car since about 3000 miles. I have been through the whole process of turning tires inside out, alignments, new front tires, more alignments and complaints filed with NNA.

After the service dept. at my dealership finally said there was nothing more that they could do, I decided to file the Virginia State Lemon Law.

In Virginia you are required to send a registered letter to Nissan stating your intention to file a case with the VA district court citing the State Lemon Law. Nissan then has 15 days from the receipt of the letter to make their best attempt to fix the car. If they cannot fix it the case goes before the court and more often than not the court rules in favor of the consumer for a buy back of the vehicle pro rated from the time you first reported the problem. Nissan is also responsible for any attorney or court costs and must reimburse you for any interest you have paid in payments toward the car.

Nissan responded to my letter by saying they would like to send one of their engineers to examine the car and recommend a solution to the tire feathering issue. The engineer was flown in and he looked at the car. His recommendation was to put four new Michelin Pilot Sport tires on the car and perform the 4 wheel alignment once again.

At this point it was my option whether to allow them to try that or continue with the law suit. I was counseled to allow them to put the tires on the car and see if the problem would reoccur. The reasoning behind my decision to allow them to do the same thing that they had already tried was to demonstrate to the court that I have made every effort to allow them to fix the car.

At this point it is really a win/win situation for me. Either the problem is corrected with the new tires (doubtful) or I have an air-tight case for a buy back. In the meantime I'm driving the car at their expense.

In all honesty I believe Nissan is just stalling. Buying time hoping I will go away. Time will tell.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:49 AM
jjtricket

Thanks for the clarification and update. What do you think of the Michelins? Keep us posted and I wish you the best with Nissan. They should be ashamed of the way they treat their customers.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Marty

Can anyone tell me what costs are associated with BBB arbitration, Lemon Law filing, etc., etc. I can't seem to get any good faith effort from Nissan to take care of ongoing problems with my Z, but am really not in a financial position to pursue the services of an attorney. Any affordable alternatives?
Old 09-29-2003, 01:09 PM
jjtricket

Marty, go to this site for info about the Lemon Law in the state of Maryland:

http://www.mva.state.md.us/AboutMVA/...aw/default.htm

Make sure you qualify and follow the procedure to the letter, no shortcuts.

Please keep us updated regarding your progress.

Last edited by jjtricket; 09-29-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:17 PM
takes12no1z

Default The Michelins will last longer..but..

But they will still wear abnormally IMHO. My only proof of this is by examining a used 10,000 mile G35 coupe. I could see the tire wear. However it was not nearly as bad as ours (probably due to higher treadwaer rating and tread design). Also I did not test drive and cannot comment on if it makes the noise or feeds back through the brakes like a 350z.

If you drive another 15,000 miles with the new tires, can you still claim lemon law?
Old 09-29-2003, 03:31 PM
jjtricket

No
Old 09-29-2003, 03:56 PM
takes12no1z

Default Marty

I am not using an attorney for the BBB Autoline arbitration. I'll let you know how it goes without one. The only costs so far has been my own time( which I consider to be worth alot).

I've kept really good records of all conversations and repairs..so I can't see how it could go wrong.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:00 AM
TWK

In Virginia you can claim the Lemon Law any time within the first 18 months of ownership.

If you feel that 15.000 mile is too soon for tires to wear out and Nissan doesn't agree, then the courts decide.

I am of the opinion that the new Michelins that they put on my car will encounter the same problems as the Bridgestones but probably at a slower rate. It will be up to me to decide if the rate is acceptable.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:17 PM
takes12no1z

Default Abitration hearing went well

Now I have to wait for the resolution in the mail. But I think I won.
I will write up everything about it once I get the decision.

It was interesting to say the least.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:55 PM
BlueBlur

I am very interested in everything that is going on here b/c I too live in Va and was wondering about the Lemon Law and I was going to contact my lawyer about it because I have had the Tire Feathering / Widow Grease and now a new Tranny is being put in. I will send you a e-mail though
Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
keiffer953

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread DEFINTELY needs to stay alive!!! Please keep us all updated on your prgresses. BTW anyone in Fla going the Lemon law way?

Quick Reply: Anyone in arbitration