Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

okay i need help with tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default okay i need help with tail lights

hey guys..

i just got my tail lights and headlights smoked yesterday... and today while driving someone told me my back lights and brake lights are off.... the only brake light that is on is the light in the middle top of the trunk...

i checked the wire... and everything was connected.. so by any chance this happened to you guys? i am going to bring my car back to the smoked light shop and complain... but.. in the mean time if u guys know what went wrong and can fix it easily then i dont have to bring my z back.. thanks

i hate it when i try to do something with my z something stupid show up...last time when i installed push start button the air bag light flash.... reset it..
other time install front bumper.. someone back into it and scratched it...
this time is the tail light after i smoked it..
Old 10-15-2009, 03:20 AM
TouringThe350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they smoke them too much where now you can't see any light output? A lot of V-Dub owners have had this issue. Especially when it's sunny out. Just a thought.. But yes, take it back to them, the did something wrong. Did they somehow hook them up wrong, try it and blow a fuse?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:07 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe they didn't connect the harness to the lights? Put the car in reverse and see if the reverse lights come on.

If you need to remove the taillights, it's just a matter of taking several screws out of each side and they come right off. Not a big deal.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
sssmasss

why (supposed to be I... didnt c that) went back and went crazy monkey style on them and then they found out that my fuse is blown.. and they said it is not their fault... i dont know but i replaced it and it works... ahhahahahahah

Last edited by sssmasss; 10-15-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
TouringThe350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear!! Regardless, it always feels good to go "crazy monkey style" or whatever you may call it on someone, lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 PM
sssmasss

my headlamps are off.. checked all the fuse.. i dont want to go back and went "crazy monkey style" again.. so i checked all of the fuses from 3 compartments.. and none of the fuses went blown....but still trying to find out the problem since i dont want to go back there again if something trivial happened like before..

spent 3 hours... dont know what went wrong.. took the headlamps off and checked the wires to see if it is damaged or whatever..

GUESS WHAT I FOUND!!! they forgot to plug it back in after they smoked it...

wasted my 3 hours+... i should have went back and complain but since i already did once.. about my tail lights so i let it go.. ahahah ahahahah a

so next time if u let some one smoke ur lights... and it off for no reason then u should check the to c if they forgot to plug the wire back.. ahahhahahahahaha