Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

New Windshield - hearing a bit more noise at higher speeds/acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:29 AM
rockinbboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Windshield - hearing a bit more noise at higher speeds/acceleration

So I had my windshield replaced a couple weeks ago. I started to notice as of lately that as I go up in higher speeds (highway 65+) and/or if I am accelerating I would hear more noise from outside. I don't recall hearing that type of noise before my windshield was replaced. I can't feel any areas where air is coming in. Once I am at a steady speed, I don't hear the noise as much and it seems to just drown out with the normal noise that comes from the car at the highway speeds.

Any thoughts or tips for what I should look for? I looked around the seals of the windshield, and it all appears OK. Thoughts tips? I was going to call safelite auto again to have them come out and take a look but wanted to get your opinion on the matter. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 AM
duro78

had the same problem but why would you ask us instead of them since they installed it and they cover all their work
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 AM
c0ld29

Call them and let them know whats going on, happens sometimes. My friends car was just in a wreck and they replaced the little side quarter window and did a crappy job and you can hear air coming in big time.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by duro78
had the same problem but why would you ask us instead of them since they installed it and they cover all their work
+1

In the time that it took to put together this thread he would have already received an answer from them.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:40 AM
rockinbboy

lol...well, I think my hidden purpose of this thread was to see if anyone has had similar issues with new windshield replacements although I never explicitly stated it. Will call them back for a fix.

Last edited by rockinbboy; 05-04-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
rockinbboy

*UPDATE*

I had a warranty follow-up work and they came to take a look at it. So the 1st technician didn't do such a great job on it. Basically, he didn't put the glue down properly at the base of the window so there were some areas where there was no glue which allowed air to flow though to create noise. The second technician was much more knowledgeable and pointed out to the mistakes done in the first job. I ended up with another new windshield...go figure.

Now all I hear is my engine and the tires
Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
jasongME

I have been dealing with my botched windshield replacement for over a month now. They sheared off at least 3 of the mounts for the plastic push tabs that hold on the exterior trim pieces, and finally got them to replace the damaged parts. The seals around the driver/passenger windows now leak slightly when under high pressure. I also get this rattling noise under certain speeds and road conditions.

In my mind, the car will never be the same. Before they touched it, it had never had anything removed... maybe I am just being mellow-dramatic.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by jasongME
I have been dealing with my botched windshield replacement for over a month now. They sheared off at least 3 of the mounts for the plastic push tabs that hold on the exterior trim pieces, and finally got them to replace the damaged parts. The seals around the driver/passenger windows now leak slightly when under high pressure. I also get this rattling noise under certain speeds and road conditions.

In my mind, the car will never be the same. Before they touched it, it had never had anything removed... maybe I am just being mellow-dramatic.
had that issue also i called them and they came out and installed 2 new outisde A-pillars free of charge, but now once in a while the seal doesnt seal doesnt seem to seal the window enough and if it rains i get a little leakage.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM
jasongME

Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk73
had that issue also i called them and they came out and installed 2 new outisde A-pillars free of charge, but now once in a while the seal doesnt seal doesnt seem to seal the window enough and if it rains i get a little leakage.
Yes, I finally got a new A-pillar (The outside part). They won't replace the main door seal though, and I still get vibrational noises sometimes when at certain rpms.