Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

kit for pressure bleeding clutch and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
SlowInFastOut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kit for pressure bleeding clutch and brakes

I need to bleed the clutch, and later on brakes. Anybody had luck with a pressure bleeder, e.g. Motiv? The web page does not list Nissan specifically. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to attach a hose to the clutch reservoir (not a threaded connection, just a squeeze-on cap).
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
gabe3d

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford Three Prong Adapter 1107 is the adapter that fits for the brake cap for our cars. I don't remember if it is the same size as the clutch one. By the way, I also have the universal one and it's not very good, so stay away from it.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Lots of threads here on the Motive. As mentioned above, the 1107 fits our reservior perfectly.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

unless you replace the reservoir, i think you'll need a second person to bleed the clutch. My fiance just helped me bleed my clutch last night.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:11 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The motive was the best money I spent.. Found mine on Amazon, got it in like 3 days.. Cheaper than anywhere else.. i forgot the part number but it uses a universal round top with j-hooks to hold it on the res...

I did my clutch mc with new ss line alone in like 10 minutes.....
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I do my clutch manually because of the difficulty of trying to use the adapter on the clutch reservoir. there's such a small amount of fluid anyway it's easy to do manually - but you do need two people.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
350zion
Professional

I bought mine originally to jus get the job done then I planned on selling it..

Instead I bought the adapter to fit my truck n used it on that jus recently.. I don't think I'd part with it jus because it makes the job so much simpler.....1 man job trust me!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
drivessidewayz

You can one-man the brakes, but not the clutch. Their universal adapter is crap imo. Some people will change the clutch reservoir in order to use the motiv bleeder there too.

350zion I'd love to see how you had it arranged; unless your year places the clutch reservoir in a different place than mine...
Old 08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have read multiple times recently that power bleeding the clutch doesn't work very well, and that a long, slow, manual bleed is the way to go.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
J 0 K 3 R

even for brakes the kits are a pain and dont work that well. i picked up the most expensive autozone kit and it didnt give me any confidence that the lines were bled correctly, i ended up waiting for a friend.if your friends are busy best bet is to go down to the 'illegal allien looking for work' street corner of your city and pick up someone that looks like they can get a peddle to the floor. youll be helpin out someone that needs a little cash and get the help you need.(tried to replace my brakes with my mom bleeding the brakes one time, she didnt have the strength to push the peddle all the down lol. ps no i dont live with the rents lol they just have a nicer garage than me) thought id share my experience.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
even for brakes the kits are a pain and dont work that well. i picked up the most expensive autozone kit and it didnt give me any confidence that the lines were bled correctly, i ended up waiting for a friend.if your friends are busy best bet is to go down to the 'illegal allien looking for work' street corner of your city and pick up someone that looks like they can get a peddle to the floor. youll be helpin out someone that needs a little cash and get the help you need.(tried to replace my brakes with my mom bleeding the brakes one time, she didnt have the strength to push the peddle all the down lol. ps no i dont live with the rents lol they just have a nicer garage than me) thought id share my experience.
then you bought the wrong kit

The Motive works flawlessly, have used it countless times, and it's something anyone who does their own maintenance on their cars should have. Bleeds it effectively, quickly, cleanly and without incident.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:12 PM
ChuckW

I'm really pro-Motive.

Works great with the Nissan adapter. I had no problem using the universal adapter on the wife's former Honda.

The last thing I need is someone forcing the master cylinder seals all the way to the bottom where the sleeve has never seen wear. That, typically, requires a master cylinder rebuild in a short while.

Excellent product and I didn't have to rely on anyone. I've used it three times and I felt like the first time - it paid for itself.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM
drivessidewayz

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I have read multiple times recently that power bleeding the clutch doesn't work very well, and that a long, slow, manual bleed is the way to go.
Depends on the year. ie:06 is bled very differently from 07. Can bleed mine in 20 minutes with a friend now that I actually found the correct way to bleed it.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 PM
SlowInFastOut

thanks guys; I did some search, but opinions on the universal adapter 1101 for the clutch are divided.
Anybody would like to comment?