Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Car Shudder!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 AM
nachospizza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shudder!

Hi guys last night I was driving home and everything normal until I driving up a hill... my Z was doing fine but then suddenly for a second it shudder and choke and I see either my Engine light or oil light or battery light blink and flash for one time very quickly and then the Z back to normal!~ I couldn't see which light because when my Z shudder that second the light came on for a second then it went off and my Z runs fine! But I remember it is a orange color light so I think it is the engine light but not 100% sure. Anyone has any idea what happend or what caused the problem?

I have replaced a new throttle body a year or 10 months ago! Replaced new camshaft positions sensors and also crank sensor! New Fuel Pump couple months ago! New Coil pads couple months ago! Checked my engine oil and it is normal and on the right amount! Help would be appreciate! Thank you!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 AM
F34RL355
Banned

are u sure ur rear wheels didnt just slip, maybe a bit of wheel hop caused the shudder? the slip light is orange on the dash and it goes away after ur not slipping anymore. probabaly the case here id think
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I was thinking the SLIP light too. I'd say keep driving and don't worry about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
nachospizza

I was thinking about that too! But I believe I see a light went on on the left gauge and the slip light is at the middle... it just happened too fast scare the Cxxp out of me!

Also there was one time when I stop at traffic light... my gear still in D and I press on the brake! Then my car suddenly shudder and it goes forward a bit while I am pressing the brake! What will caused this problem? I am wondering if a going to break MAF sensor will cause problem like this???
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 AM
nachospizza

Could someone please tell me what are the synthoms of a going to break MAF sensor to the Z?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by nachospizza
I was thinking about that too! But I believe I see a light went on on the left gauge and the slip light is at the middle... it just happened too fast scare the Cxxp out of me!

Also there was one time when I stop at traffic light... my gear still in D and I press on the brake! Then my car suddenly shudder and it goes forward a bit while I am pressing the brake! What will caused this problem? I am wondering if a going to break MAF sensor will cause problem like this???
This honestly has nothing to do with the MAF. Your car wouldn't jump forward if the sensor was fugged.

Does it jump forward, or just slowly roll forward?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 AM
nachospizza

It is not Jump I think but when I press the brake I feel it roll forward for a second... Or Throttle body??? I got new Throttle body not long ago??? It is a re-manufacture......
Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Syner

It's nothing to do with throttle body either. I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

I had a work truck that would jump forward all the time; there is just a pin that holds the car in park. When you shift out, the pin is pulled. If the car is pushing hard enough on the pin it will "jump" forward.

If it's just rolling, press your brake harder. Every automatic will pull forward when in Drive. Definitely nothing to worry about. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it

EDIT: how far forward does it roll?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
nachospizza

Thank you for your reply! I did press the brake and when it happend I felt the car is automatically give a little bit gas like I step on the gas a bit and it jump forward and before this happend the car will suddenly shudder too. But it has not happend since then. Drive my Z for couple days now everything normal... but I am paranoid it will break down and stop in the middle of the freeway. So just in case I would like to find out what happened and get the right part to fix it first before I need to get it tow.... am I being too paranoid? ; )

Originally Posted by Syner
It's nothing to do with throttle body either. I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

I had a work truck that would jump forward all the time; there is just a pin that holds the car in park. When you shift out, the pin is pulled. If the car is pushing hard enough on the pin it will "jump" forward.

If it's just rolling, press your brake harder. Every automatic will pull forward when in Drive. Definitely nothing to worry about. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it

EDIT: how far forward does it roll?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by nachospizza
Thank you for your reply! I did press the brake and when it happend I felt the car is automatically give a little bit gas like I step on the gas a bit and it jump forward and before this happend the car will suddenly shudder too. But it has not happend since then. Drive my Z for couple days now everything normal... but I am paranoid it will break down and stop in the middle of the freeway. So just in case I would like to find out what happened and get the right part to fix it first before I need to get it tow.... am I being too paranoid? ; )
You're definitely being paranoid. Cars are machines, no matter what you do something will always break. That being said, don't fix something if it's not broken.

You'll be fine, just drive it and enjoy it
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 AM
nachospizza

Thank you very much again. Here's my another questions, if I replaced the NATS Antenna do I need to replaced the BCM and re-program my remote key also? Because my Z will be sometime cannot start at the first fire! It will just keep cranking... I have to switch to stop.. pull the key out and then push it back in to get it fire up! I search on the forum and alot of the experienced Z owner told me it is the NATS Antenna... so I am wondering just replaced the Antenna I am good to go without getting a new BCM and Key re-program?

Originally Posted by Syner
You're definitely being paranoid. Cars are machines, no matter what you do something will always break. That being said, don't fix something if it's not broken.

You'll be fine, just drive it and enjoy it
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Syner

Sorry, I have absolutely no clue. Create a new thread, I'm sure someone on here will have an answer.