Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Transmission Squealing Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 PM
midnightbacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission Squealing Noise

Just got a new Exedy Clutch and Flywheel Kit installed and then got a transmission fluid change on my 2004 350z 6MT roadster. I don't think I heard this noise after the clutch job (I can't be sure though) but after I changed the tranny fluid (also changed the rear diff fluid), I hear a squealing noise that I think is coming from the transmission because whenever I'm in neutral and move the shifter left/right the noise goes away/comes back. Only happens when the car is in motion.

Since the noise changes with the shifter position, I think its the tranny. Shifting and everything is fine except the noise. Seems to be worse going slightly uphill. Also, the sound seems to speed up/slow down with the speed of the car so its something to do with the wheels too? But it seems odd that theres noise when I'm in neutral and moving the shifter back and forth. Could it be that the shop put in the wrong fluid or not enough? It wasn't a Nissan Dealer. Just got it done at a regular lube shop when changing my oil. Also, once in a while the shifter vibrates pretty hard. Feels like ones of those massagers.

The service receipt says: Manual Trans Service AMS 75W90 Synthetic and Rear Differential Service 80W90 Gear Oil.

So what do you guys think? Bad clutch/flywheel job or just a bad fluid job? I'm a total noob and I'm running out of cash after changing the clutch/flywheel. Any input appreciated.

Last edited by midnightbacon; 08-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
350zVQ35DE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the squeeling a little something like this?
http://youtu.be/qaIYlmIFdcI