Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Wind noise after Streak fix!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM
only1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind noise after Streak fix!

Anyone have this problem and is nissan able to fix it?
Old 01-14-2004, 09:49 PM
goku

Yes, and so far no. I'm going to have them adjust it a second time to see if it helps. After the fix my driver side window was a tiny bit too far forward (getting wind noise at rear of glass). Now the windnoise is coming from up front - I believe the glass is set a little too low.

On the passenger side there is absolutely zero wind noise, however the glass is a tiny bit too high. For those who haven't had this "fix" performed yet, DON"T!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:17 PM
bixby

To late. I did & also now have wind noise. It's actually not bad until I get to around 80mph. I also have the same issue on the passenger side (to tight, but no noise at all). I've not decided whether or not to take it back in to the dealer.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:26 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

I didn't have the window fixed, although I think that it came fixed when I bought it. I hear wind noise ~45mph and above, especially in the morning. A little annoying, but as long as water isn't seeping into the car, I'm fine with it. For now.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:45 PM
only1

So has anyone got it the wind noise probelm repaired?
Old 01-15-2004, 07:57 PM
350z03

Originally posted by only1
So has anyone got it the wind noise probelm repaired?
Your window has to be raised. The is a job that requires perfect alignment otherwise the window will hit the top of the panel right before the automatic eventually-no-drop. You better hope your dealer has a careful mechanic. Otherwise, you will have a messed door panel with the repeated fixes. My window eventually didn't even work due to the multiple fixes.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:44 PM
K.G

I have the same problem
After I got the grease fixed I can hear wind noise
above 80km
I just almost gave up
Old 01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
boxsterkiller

I had a similar problem when I took mine in for the window streak problem. The passenger window would go up and make a squeaking sound like it was too tight. Took it in and service advisor tried to say it was the weather stripping was stretching. I still made them take a look, anyways they replaced some window regulator and the problem was gone away. The window streak is a big headache my windows were fixed after the 2nd time along with breaking clips(which was also causing a rattle sound) and marring and scratching panels. Like someone else stated they have to be careful when they align/adjust the window.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:39 PM
mdmike

Correct me if I am wrong please. I brought my z in for TSB-NTB03029 which is the windows streaking issue and I talk with the teck and he showed me the TSB fix and diagram on the computer and what he showed me was the track for the windows needed and newer/better felt pad on the windows retracking bar.

They replace mine with no other adjustments and to date I have no really niose issue as well.

Here is what is noted in the TSB
NTB03029

IF YOU CONFIRM: A mark or streak of grease on the inside of the door glass after the window has been lowered and then raised. ACTIONS: Remove the door window regulator module assembly. Replace the original glass "stabilizer" felt with the new pieces from the Stopper Kit. See this bulletin for further detail.

Here is the Nissan Web site with more TSB information.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissa...3.asp?mscssid=
Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM
bkusnir

I had this problem. I think it is because of the grease fix TSB also. It was very noticable over 80mph. When I f'ed with the rubber weather stripping from the inside while driving I could variably reduce the sound. Brought it to the dealership and they did some modification ... haven't noticed it since, but haven't done a road trip since so haven't gotten much up over 80 (that's not true!)
Old 01-21-2004, 08:14 PM
bkusnir

They jacked up by driver side door panel as well, I am awaiting the replacement part and the dealer is eating the bill.

Originally posted by boxsterkiller
I had a similar problem when I took mine in for the window streak problem. The passenger window would go up and make a squeaking sound like it was too tight. Took it in and service advisor tried to say it was the weather stripping was stretching. I still made them take a look, anyways they replaced some window regulator and the problem was gone away. The window streak is a big headache my windows were fixed after the 2nd time along with breaking clips(which was also causing a rattle sound) and marring and scratching panels. Like someone else stated they have to be careful when they align/adjust the window.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:48 PM
goku

Originally posted by mdmike
....They replace mine with no other adjustments and to date I have no really niose issue as well.
Then consider yourself lucky. The slightest bit of error on re-installation (1MM) can lead to wind noise. Here's a test...next time you are washing your car shoot the water directly around the seam of the window. If you don't get water in the car, your windows are fine. If you even get 1 small drop (like I do), then your windows are not aligned properly. The windows should not allow anything to get in.

Last edited by goku; 01-21-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:02 AM
FritzMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not getting wind noise (although I haven't been over 80MPH in awhile), but I am getting that *really* cheap and chessy rattle whenever the door is opened, or if you cruise around with the window 1/2 open. Brought it back to the dealership yesterday, and they partly fixed the driver's side window, but the passenger's is still not fixed.

They almost tried to get me to pay for the readjustment!?!? I told them to do it right in the first place. After their "fix" yesterday, I noticed the passenger rattle still - even before I fired up the car to leave. I dragged the Body Shop manager's @ss out to see. He admitted, after a good 5 minutes of first denying, that it still requires adjustment.

Wish I had read this thread before getting the fix. The stupid thing is that the window still streaks!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:50 AM
bixby

Originally posted by FritzMan
I'm not getting wind noise (although I haven't been over 80MPH in awhile), but I am getting that *really* cheap and chessy rattle whenever the door is opened, or if you cruise around with the window 1/2 open. Brought it back to the dealership yesterday, and they partly fixed the driver's side window, but the passenger's is still not fixed.

They almost tried to get me to pay for the readjustment!?!? I told them to do it right in the first place. After their "fix" yesterday, I noticed the passenger rattle still - even before I fired up the car to leave. I dragged the Body Shop manager's @ss out to see. He admitted, after a good 5 minutes of first denying, that it still requires adjustment.

Wish I had read this thread before getting the fix. The stupid thing is that the window still streaks!
Well, I finally took mine back in (due for 7500 mile service) and had them fix the grease issue on the driver side that came back and repiar the wind noise that started after the 1st TSB for grease. I now have no wind noise and the grease is finally gone! Now if I could only get them to correct my fuel door not opening issue. They've adjusted it 5 times & the darn thing still won't open on the 1st try. Usually takes about 5.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:43 PM
raidersfan

I had the wind noise on my passenger window after the streak fix, well now i have no more wind noise but 2, i repeat 2 ****ing streaks on my passenger window. i will throw a picture up tomorrow.