Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Any helpful dealers in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM
FstQban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any helpful dealers in NJ?

I am trying to get this feathering problem fixed but my dealer isnt cooperating at all. I went to Haldeman Nissan and they rotaed the tires, which was the recommendation at the time. Now the noise is back, worse than before, and my transmission has been grinding intermittently from 2nd to 3rd(that shift only!). I went back to have them look at my car and they told me that Nissan hasnt released any new info on the tire issue. In addition they wont even look at my tranny because the noise couldnt be replicated during a 5 minute test drive. They asked me to leave my car so they could contact Nissan and see what the company says but they wont give me a loaner! How do you keep a $30k new car for warranty work and not leave the customer witht transportation!!???!!??
Has anyone in the central Jersey, Langhorne area had any better luck with their dealership regarding these problems??? Thanks for the advice.

-Joe

Anyone else wish they lived closer to Performance Nissan? Hey guys can you give a lesson to East coast dealerships?
Old 01-15-2004, 04:48 PM
daking350
Banned

All dealers in NJ are "F"ing liars and they suck...
Old 01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
mwr

Default Re: Any helpful dealers in NJ?

Originally posted by FstQban I am trying to get this feathering problem fixed but my dealer isnt cooperating at all. I went to Haldeman Nissan and they rotaed the tires, which was the recommendation at the time. Now the noise is back, worse than before, and my transmission has been grinding intermittently from 2nd to 3rd(that shift only!).
Hi FstQban, I think you you gave me a ride home 9/2003 when you were picking up your plates. My Z had the feathering problem as well and Windsor Nissan not only was not cooperative they were a down right PITA. I tried Haldeman and Acme and they were not much better.

I don't think you are not going to find a dealer close to us that is any better. I am never going back to Windsor Nissan or any other of the other McGuire Auto Group dealerships.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:56 PM
fanatic6711

I go to Freehold Nissan and I've gone to a lot of shyitty ones in the past.... this one is pretty good. I'd give them a shot. They did the TSB for the tire feathering for me two weeks ago....
Old 01-17-2004, 06:08 AM
FstQban

Thanks for the info guys. It is a shame that we dont have any great dealerships like Performance out here. Maybe they should buy one of our franchises so they could help the east coast also!!! You guys listening?!?!?!?!?

MWR- I actually only went there because I knew all the guys from bartending at the TGIF in East Windsor. Sorry to hear you had problems there.

I will continue to search and will let anyone know of my experiences. I heard good things about a Z dealership up by the Brunswicks, but dont remember the name.

-Joe

p.s. time to start saving for that Elise when it gets here!!!! At least those will be dont the right way!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 06:31 AM
fanatic6711

You bar tend near the movies in East Winsor... nice I go there a lot, although I don't bring the Z all the time cause I'm worried about it being key or banged into by a shopping cart!
Old 01-17-2004, 07:07 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Originally posted by daking350
All dealers in NJ are "F"ing liars and they suck...
I agree, I tried Ramsey Nissan about 30 min away from my house for my 7500 mile service and the problems I was having B.C. the one near me is horrible and shady. Turned out just as bad, didn't fix a single thing that I mentioned and treated me like ****. My favorite was the moisture inside my windows is caused by that spaghetti(grounding kit) all over my engine B.C. they don't know if I drilled through my firewall for it...
Old 01-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Dream2Reality

I have been going to Sansone Auto Mall on rte 1. EVERY time I bring it there, they either don't fix the problem, or fix it and break something else. For example, I went to have the window tsb done. First time didn't have the kit so no fix. Second time, fixed it and broke my alarm (couldn't keyless entry my car). Now they won't pay for the repair! Oh well...now I'm just going to bring it there for regular checkups. I hear Acme Nissan has great service; I actually recently found out I know the head tech there. He's a great guy, and even better mechanic.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Jerzy350Z

Thumbs up Feathered Seats

I've had my 350z for just over a year. My driver seat started fraying. I have that racing seat material on the seats. It started fraying a few weeks after I got the car. I haven't had time to take it back till just recently. Lynnes Nissan in Bloomfield NJ is going to replace it free of charge. That's the only problem I have had with the car. Ask for Eli of the green team, he hooked me up.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 AM
fanatic6711

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=ACME+NISSAN

Here's my experience with ACME NISSAN. Those guys are a bunch of idiots. Very rude and scratched my car. Give this to your friend!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:47 AM
FstQban

Fanatic- I actually used to work there. About two years ago. I am now unemployed and back in school. I love bartending but am just burned out and want a "real job" with better money.

I just wanted to update you on my progress:

I actually am now waiting to get my car fixed by Haldeman. After one call to Nissan NA, they(Nissan and Haldeman) have really stepped up. I called NNA and told them of my problems with my tranny, tires and window grease. The girl was very nice and told me that she was aware of the problems with the windows and would authorize the fix immediately. With regards to the tires, since the TSB had been done already, she said to drop off the car and let Haldeman's techs look at it again. She was going to call to see their findings and recommend a solution since the TSB didnt work. She also said she would look into my tranny problem.

Well after a quick look over of my car, Haldeman called me back to say that Nissan had authorized a full tranny/ clutch replacement as well as a replacement set of front tires(under warranty!) which hopefully, along with the new alignment settings, will cure the feathering issue. They also assured me, after some discussion, that a loaner car would be provided by the dealer as long as my car was in for service.

Guess I am a little happier about thew whole thing but not really satisfied yet. We'll see if the problems go away or come back like they did for so many others.

-Joe
Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Dream2Reality

Well, I don't think that comes CLOSE to how bad my experience with Sansone was.

-I ordered a car in May of 2003. Long story short, I walk into the place in August, and turns out my car WAS there, but THEY DROPPED THE F'ING THING and never told me. So after special ordering and waiting 3 months, I ended up having to buy one off the lot. I was not compensated in any way because my car was "already at invoice".

-See last post for service woes

-I REALLY think if you had that problem with ACME, you should just keep complaining to the owner. Start with the manager of the service department, and just keep moving up the line until you get the answer you want. I'm waiting (still) to hear back to see if Nissan will pay me for the cost to fix my alarm. In the meantime, if you ever go back, the mechanic that is supposed to be real good's last name is McDowell. I actually know his brother who is in body repairs.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:15 PM
AceOfSpade

FstQBan, do you think I can use you as a reference to get my tire roar issue fixed. I bought my car at Classic Nissan, but Haldeman is 5-10 min away. If you had a good experience there, I'd like to take my car there this week and get that fixed (got my letter from NNA last week). I want to go where I won't get screwed cause I don't have the time to eff around with service incompetance. Overall, would you recommend Haldeman service to fix my tire roar issue? I'm at 7800 miles and it's getting louder and louder by the month. Thanks in advance.

BTW: I'm around the Princeton/Lawrenceville area - maybe I've seen you around?

Originally posted by FstQban
I actually am now waiting to get my car fixed by Haldeman. After one call to Nissan NA, they(Nissan and Haldeman) have really stepped up. I called NNA and told them of my problems with my tranny, tires and window grease. The girl was very nice and told me that she was aware of the problems with the windows and would authorize the fix immediately. With regards to the tires, since the TSB had been done already, she said to drop off the car and let Haldeman's techs look at it again. She was going to call to see their findings and recommend a solution since the TSB didnt work. She also said she would look into my tranny problem.

-Joe

Last edited by AceOfSpade; 06-15-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:34 AM
NJZLady

Thumbs up

Well, guys I had far better luck but with a dealer probably too far away for you. Hilltop Nissan in East Hanover.

Walked in
asked what they would do
they said they'd order new front tires and call in 10 days
called in 8 days
brought in the car yesterday morning
picked it up last night and it no longer has that terrible sound, feels new again. They fixed (or adjusted) the front end allignment, installed the two new tires (not on the stock wheels and that is supposed to be a no-no) adjusted my driver's window (would drop 6 inches at closure sometimes) and changed my oil.

NO CHARGE - - NO HASSLE

I bought the baby there - maybe that's why, but I have never had anything but good experience there.

Heard good reports on Lynn's in Bloomfield and in Byram.

Safe driving
Old 06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Zrated

Originally posted by FstQban
Fanatic- I actually used to work there. About two years ago. I am now unemployed and back in school. I love bartending but am just burned out and want a "real job" with better money.

I just wanted to update you on my progress:

Well after a quick look over of my car, Haldeman called me back to say that Nissan had authorized a full tranny/ clutch replacement as well as a replacement set of front tires(under warranty!) which hopefully, along with the new alignment settings, will cure the feathering issue. They also assured me, after some discussion, that a loaner car would be provided by the dealer as long as my car was in for service.

Guess I am a little happier about thew whole thing but not really satisfied yet. We'll see if the problems go away or come back like they did for so many others.

-Joe
I Purchased my car from Haldeman and have had mixed feelings about the service. I have had some damage done to my car there. Be very carefull, If you do not show someone the condition of your parts before you have to take the hit. The techs there are very careless with your stuff. (i will not say all of them)

If any of you would like more details send me a PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Goku350z2007

Originally Posted by Dream2Reality
I have been going to Sansone Auto Mall on rte 1. EVERY time I bring it there, they either don't fix the problem, or fix it and break something else. For example, I went to have the window tsb done. First time didn't have the kit so no fix. Second time, fixed it and broke my alarm (couldn't keyless entry my car). Now they won't pay for the repair! Oh well...now I'm just going to bring it there for regular checkups. I hear Acme Nissan has great service; I actually recently found out I know the head tech there. He's a great guy, and even better mechanic.
Where is Acme Nissan? i need to take my car for service, i hate going to the Rt 1 Samson Auto Mall the last time they charged me 100 just to check a wind noise problem and they said it was not covered under warranty.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM
NewJerZ

For those of you in Southern NJ (or willing to drive the distance), I STRONGLY recommend Team Nissan in Vineland, NJ (off Delsea Drive).

I live closer to Cherry Hill Nissan, BUT I wanted to avoid the pretentious BS associated w/sales and service people from Dealers in the Cherry Hill and Voorhees, NJ areas!!

So..I about 1 hr + south into RURAL Vineland, NJ and got outstanding sales and service from Team Nissan (where I bought my Z). They are very courteous and take care of you! (NO, I don't work for them...LOL!).

It was such a positive experience that my GF traded in her Eclipse for an Xterra there!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

That's DEFINITELY an exception of a dealership.