Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM
V.S350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problem

Hi to all,
Im new hear and looking for some help with a problem that seems to have everyone scrating there heads, here go's:

I have a 52 reg 350z and all was well untill one day the thing just didnt want to fire first go, after deacivating the alarm again it did fire up and it was fine till next day when the same happened again, to cut it short over approx a weeks time the ammount of attempts to start it kept rising until it just refused to fire up, i had an alarm guy out and he tested the Toad alarm and it was fine, after a quick scan it had NATS faults and a canbus comms fault, i have had the NATS antenna changed and thought it was fixed, but no about another week and its still doing the same, a bit of digging seems to point me to the BCM but as this is a costly part i need to find out for definate if this is the guilty part, would it start at all ever if the BCM was at fault? my garage say they recode the keys etc and it accepts it then a few days later its as if it just 'forgets' the code and throws the faults up again, any help would be much apprecieated as i really want this back on the road
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Sounds like your hyperdrive may be damaged.

Here is a link to fix it:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis.../dp/B0014C0THW
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
PerfZ

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Sounds like your hyperdrive may be damaged.

Here is a link to fix it:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis.../dp/B0014C0THW
I must be missing the point when i read responses such as this. If you don't want to help the guy then why bother replying at all?
OP - lots of different problems with the NATS in our cars, at least stateside. I have yet to see an easy/cheap solution other than replacing the entire NATS system or possibly the ECU or BCM - expensive! I have not had any problem with my '03 so not really up on the problem though. There are a few threads here about it though - use Advanced Search and see what might apply to you?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I would try new keys with new chips that you recode. If the doesn't work, you probably need a system replacement as PerfZ suggests might be the only solution.

Please let us know when you get ti solved. That helps us learn and pass on accurate information to other members who have the problem.

Thanks for posting,

--Spike
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM
V.S350z

So far i have had all the chip keys and the system recoded with Nissan control 3 and i got a call yesterday (after posting) that it seems to be behaving itself, although im waiting for conformation later today so fingers crossed, il keep you updated and thanks for the tips guys, il take a look through the other threads
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 AM
nachospizza

Hi there did you just replace the NATS antenna only without re-programming those chipped keys? Keep us posted if you ever solved this problem!