Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Starting/stalling issues... WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 PM
SoCal-Greenz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Starting/stalling issues... WTF?

Okay I'm going to start of saying this has been the worst experience I've had with this car and I've been through a lot of mechanical problems in the last 6 months.

I just recently opened my passenger side fuel pump to re adjust the line that hold the floatly down saying I'm empty on gas before I actually am. I tried once and pinched the o-ring/ lost a retainer bolt causing me to have a fuel smell inside the car and leak gas when I hit around 10 gallons. 2 days ago I received my o-ring and retainer bolt from the dealer and rearranged that black fuel line through a slit that's built in the fuel tank. Everything went well besides a few cuts and scrapes on my wrists from the sharp edge of the tank. But just yesterday when I parked in my drive way (inclined up at 15 degrees) I went to start my car and it acted up...

The would crank but wouldn't turn over after a few tried it turned over but sputtered I didn't drive anywhere cause I didn't want to get stranded. This morning I had to go to work so same issue difficult couple of tries to start then finally get it to turn over and once I did get it to start I made it 15 yards before the car stalled...

Tried to think of possible issues but I'm lost. If the fuel pump was bad the car shouldn't start. If the fob in the key was bad a code would pop up. But no codes or anything.

Can anyone help??
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM
SoCal-Greenz

Update*******

So I pulled the pump out again since I was going to syphone out the gas and add new gas with octane boost and sea foam cleaner. When I did I realized there was hardly any gas literally 1/8 or less like 1/2 cm from the bottom of the tank.

Now my next question is why the EFFF does my fuel gauge read 1/4 tank when I'm empty. I use to have the issue that it read empty when I had plenty of gas but its doing the opposite.

I have moved the black fuel line that connects to the fuel pump inside the tank though a slit on the right side of the tank so it won't interfere with the fuel pump floaty. But I'm lost why my readings so far off.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
SoCal-Greenz

New update.

Fuel line was the problem. Even though I moved it though a slit in the gas tank the way it fan still interfered with that stupid floaty on the fuel pump pushing it up causing it to say I have a quarter tank of gas. So back to the old set and always thinking I have no g