Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

The oil pump has no pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:58 PM
MJ_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The oil pump has no pressure

(I'm not good with English, sorry for grammar errors).My car is a Nissan 350z 08 ( VQ35HR ).We install a greddy twin turbo kit . We install Wiseco pistons, Carrillo rods, new bearing rods,we dont touch the main bearing because the car only has 30.000 miles, believe that should be new. We changed all o- rings and gaskets. Then assemble the engine,we dont touch the fuel system to verfy that everything was properly installed. We turned on the car and lit well,had a little problem in the revolution but nothing serious.The other day we changed the fuel system, walbro fuel pump , 750cc injectors , custom fuel rail,etc. We put a Microtech Efi Lt-16 to control fuel, time of engine with a crank trigger on the damper, let oem coils, but is connected to the Microtech, we left too the oem computer to control the rest.We turned on the car again with changes in fuel and Microtech, the car lit up with failure but we making some changes in the program of the Microtech and improved a little bit. The car Was on, like 25 min.while programming the Microtech, when suddenly the engine began to fail, wanted to turn off, oil light lit on the dash and then the oil pressure in the oil clock going to zero, we turn off the car quickly. We remove a oil line to the turbo to see if the oil pump had pressure, start the engine,dont had oil pressure. We think the oil pump was broken. Someone who can help me or know that could have happened ... ?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the microtech seems very very sketchy, did you balance the rotating assembly? you rebuilt the engine so you should have replaced the bearings, did the bearings go back in the exact same location and orientation as they cam out? sounds to me like shady install spun a bearing sending shrapenel through the engine and either blocking the oil passageways or grenading the pump. the sketchy ems probably didnt help and spark control was probably poor further hammering bearings.