Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Front End Measurements Help !

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Zacharyjlh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Measurements Help !

Hi , I recently got into an accident and the insurance company decided to total my car out. But I instead bought it back for the plain and simple reason that they never did take the car to be looked at the the initial impact was about 5-10 mph (hydroplaning that is) into a trucks tire. My front crash bar and bumper decided to catch and pull up and rip the brackets. I'm looking to find the measurements from the center of the bolt holes where the radiator core mount mounts to. I have a pic and the measurements and i was wondering if someone could get a pull off theirs and let me know , because the new radiator core support is telling me 32 inches flat and i was wondering if I have a Nissan f*** up or my frame is bent. My car is an 04' 350z Enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails Front End Measurements Help !-car-crash-front.jpg   Front End Measurements Help !-car-front-damage-upclose.jpg   Front End Measurements Help !-car-specs.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 AM
myfirstzcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are the fender to door gaps?
How are the fender to hood gaps?
Radiator busted?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I measured mine and I got ~32 1/4" but I also have my front clip installed. So I think your 32 1/2" is about right. I got ~2 1/4" between bolts so your 36 1/2" is probably close enough.

I think your measurements are ok and within tolerance.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Zacharyjlh

Well , i just ended up force fitting the new mount and i could only get 5 out of 8 bolts in it but its holding just fine. Seems like they just punched the holes wrong on the mount they gave me. everything else seemed to fit but i was having a slight problem with the drivers side headlight. The tip of the headlight was sitting where the end of the mount corner was sitting. . I just ended up chipping a little piece of the corner out and it seems to fit , but very tight ;o . All in all , no problems so far but, I still have yet to put everything back on.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

You'll find the truth when you put the car on an alignment rack.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Zacharyjlh

Originally Posted by myfirstzcar
How are the fender to door gaps?
How are the fender to hood gaps?
Radiator busted?
No , the radiator did not bust . The nubs on all four corners that hold it in place it did break off of it so as of now I have it tie-wired to the mount to keep it in place. And I'm not sure of the fender measurements. But that's one main priority down. Last things left til I finish this are to paint the headlight housings , replace the power steering pressure switch (busted off at the wires) , fix the front bumper , and try to find an OEM 17" wheel and replace camber toe in the passenger side rear.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Zacharyjlh

Originally Posted by bealljk
I measured mine and I got ~32 1/4" but I also have my front clip installed. So I think your 32 1/2" is about right. I got ~2 1/4" between bolts so your 36 1/2" is probably close enough.

I think your measurements are ok and within tolerance.
I appreciate you getting the measurements! Just a sign of relief that i dont have frame damage , or that the frame damage is so minimal that everything is fine
Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Zacharyjlh

Originally Posted by dcains
You'll find the truth when you put the car on an alignment rack.
True , but most of the damage I believe was just in the rear passenger side wheel (as far as suspension goes). Well , I'm hoping that is..
Attached Thumbnails Front End Measurements Help !-rod.jpg   Front End Measurements Help !-rods.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 AM
myfirstzcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zacharyjlh
No , the radiator did not bust . The nubs on all four corners that hold it in place it did break off of it so as of now I have it tie-wired to the mount to keep it in place. And I'm not sure of the fender measurements. But that's one main priority down. Last things left til I finish this are to paint the headlight housings , replace the power steering pressure switch (busted off at the wires) , fix the front bumper , and try to find an OEM 17" wheel and replace camber toe in the passenger side rear.
You don't need measurements here, it's just a matter of looking at the gaps. That's the quickest and easiest way to look for frame damage, and I'm sure you have none at all.