Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:32 PM
inga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't start

car started drove to gas station for a fill up it drove great as usual shut it off to go in and pay for gas went to start and it just clicked as if the battery was dead. had it jumped started right up went to pull out and the dash lite up' the lights that lite up on the dash were slip light' vdc off and brake' but didn't stay on when i'd accelerate it seemed as if it was braking for me and those lights would go off. i wasn't far from home and shut it off an went to restart and nothing no lights on dash and no crank. waited 10 min. tried again and dash lights and clicky noise then it cut power. put in new batattery and batteries in key fob and still same cycle. it has now locked me out but was able to solve that by disconnect of the negative battery cable, but still won't start

Last edited by inga; 08-27-2017 at 07:09 PM. Reason: more info..
Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

Your problem could be any number of things. If you google '350z vdc slip brake light' you'll find this comes up quite a lot.

It could be one or a couple of things: low brake fluid, bad ABS sensor, worn brake pads, short in a wiring harness, or bad cam position sensor.

The fact that those warning lights come on and based on your description that your vehicle brakes were engaging while you were accelerating, it sounds like your VDC is malfunctioning and applying the brakes because it "thinks" your losing traction.

The car not starting sounds like a different problem separate from the VDC - maybe CPS?

Have you changed anything recently? Tires? Wheel size?

Have you tried pulling the codes with a scanner?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:59 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Year? Mileage? Mods?