Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P1145 intk tim s/circ-b2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 04:30 AM
jc08z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1145 intk tim s/circ-b2

Full disclosure: I do not own a 350-z! But hear me out.... I am in the UK and have a Japanese imported Nissan Elgrand which uses the same VQ35 engine (more or less) as your cars. As there are way more 350z's than Elgrands I thought it was worth a go searching for help here. Had no luck with the Elgrand community so I'm reaching out to you guys!

EML came on, code as above. I bought a set of replacement sensors, had the left-hand side one replaced by the garage as it was buried beneath pipes and cables and looked like a nightmare to get out. Didn't solve the problem. After trying to reset it several times it just kept coming back. Barely use the car because I have a work van so I've I've used it very minimally while the engine management light has been on. Unfortunately the right-hand sensor that I bought as a pair had a totally different connector than the one fitted to my engine. My one has a cable coming off the sensor with a plug on the end. The one I bought had the plug built onto the chassis of valve (the same as the left-hand side original one for my engine). Looked for another right sided one with a lead and plug like mine which arrived this week. Unfortunately the connector was completely different . Unable to find one that matched the plug used on my original, I've tried putting the old plug on the new sensor which I have now fitted. Still won't clear the code. I've tried reversing the polarity but still no good. I disconnected the left-hand side sensor which the garage fitted and ran it through the OBD scanner again. It's still just throws out that same code. I would have expected 2 separate codes with both disconnected but I'm only getting the one regardless . I know I have no idea where to go with this. Pretty fed up as I want to use the van to go camping at the end of July but I don't want to drive it any distance while the engine management light is on. I was told to try there crank position sensor so I bought a replacement but again the one fitted to my my engine is totally different (pictured). Feel a bit like I'm stabbing in the dark now and even if I connect up the new senors, I've no idea if they're working or not because I'm not 100% certain I'm getting accurate results back of the OBD scanner as far as I can tell. Think I'm going to disconnect the crankshaft sensor today and see if that throws up a different it or not. Other than that I am at a complete loss now. Posted on the Elgrandoc page and the forum but getting no help off anyone which is disappointing. Hopefully someone on here might be able to shed some light!