Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 AM
SlipZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Volk owners there are knock offs anywhere you go!, get over it!!..jeez!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Z King

what are the offsets?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 AM
vietster

can u measure the front and rear lip sizes or does that depend on the offset? interested
Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 AM
tware

Originally Posted by friscomgm
Let us not discount the fact that they lack any form of motorsports participation because, lets be honest here, any team that attempted to run any form of professional motorsports on Rota wheels would have to consist of members with suicidal tenancies.
completely false.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:07 AM
synth19

quite possibly, the most ignorant post, ever.

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Like you actually work at Rota and you know what goes on behind the scene. Unless you actually know the process by which these wheels were fabricated, I think you're simply jumping to conclusions, or simply hating because Volk ripped you a big Ahole after you dropped 3 grand on a set of wheels who in the eye of someone who knows nothing about wheels cannot see a big enough difference in the appearance of the wheel in order to justify the price. Clearly the majority of people with volks get their panties tied up in a knot because they act as if knockoffs are taking money out of there pockets, when the truth is that unless you work for volk or are a vendor you will not be affected. And if volk loses profits and raises prices, would be stupid because they already take their competitors and profits into account. I have no problem with knockoffs, although I dont own knock off wheels.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Like you actually work at Rota and you know what goes on behind the scene. Unless you actually know the process by which these wheels were fabricated, I think you're simply jumping to conclusions, or simply hating because Volk ripped you a big Ahole after you dropped 3 grand on a set of wheels who in the eye of someone who knows nothing about wheels cannot see a big enough difference in the appearance of the wheel in order to justify the price. Clearly the majority of people with volks get their panties tied up in a knot because they act as if knockoffs are taking money out of there pockets, when the truth is that unless you work for volk or are a vendor you will not be affected. And if volk loses profits and raises prices, would be stupid because they already take their competitors and profits into account. I have no problem with knockoffs, although I dont own knock off wheels.
wow, just wow. just go to a meet. compare the differences between knock offs and the real thing. its NIGHT AND DAY to people who arent blind. compare the finish and quality and you'll know why people paid more for the original. in any case, high dollar wheels arent for anyone, and honestly people on both sides need to chill. i understand people who are totally against knock offs and i understand people who buy knocks offs. different market for different folks, and i dont think either side should bash the other.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:16 AM
synth19

2k on wheels are hardly baller. If you're buying these knock offs to save some cash, more power to you. In my personal opinion, I would rather spend money on a more reputable company that makes affordable wheels (enkei for example) or rock OEM rays. Wheels that blatantly rip off another company's design is just sad. These Spectrum's are just another embarrassment to the aftermarket community.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:28 AM
synth19

I'd also like to point out that I have owned cheapy replica wheels. I know both sides of the argument. In those days, I bought the wheels simply for the look. I liked the design and they were perfect for my budget. I didn't however like bending 3/4 wheels. LOL.... But the quality of the product isn't my argument at all. I'm talking about originality and innovation. If you make a great product, and 10 companies steal the design (and sell for 1/2 the price), obviously the innovator's business is impacted. Their profit margins diminish and less money is put into developing other products. This is how we are impacted. If you don't believe me, look up Greddy/Trust. A simplistic example, but hopefully simple enough for the retarded comments that consumers aren't impacted by knock offs.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 AM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by booey1979
Its funny really. Jeez maybe its my 26 year old age, but I'd rather put that money into stocks.
Now is the time to buy..
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
OMEGA46

BTW, why doesnt the OP respond to any of this?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 AM
kelsey_kaye

because his adverstisement went south real quick...
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yes, thread went really south.

I'll go and find some post where the Volk owners put in seats other than Bride, Recaro and Sparco...LOL j/k
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
djnc

damnit...my wheels got the rota treatment...doh
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 AM
SlipZ

Originally Posted by Nexx
wow, just wow. just go to a meet. compare the differences between knock offs and the real thing. its NIGHT AND DAY to people who arent blind. compare the finish and quality and you'll know why people paid more for the original. in any case, high dollar wheels arent for anyone, and honestly people on both sides need to chill. i understand people who are totally against knock offs and i understand people who buy knocks offs. different market for different folks, and i dont think either side should bash the other.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

well said!!..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
350zbiturbo

Synth19, seriously get a grip man. Here's what you dont understand, THESE are not the only knock offs that look like this. Your comments are just stupid and biased and deserve no real attention, b/c your only speaking for one side of the team.

I have owned Hres, Volks, Rotas, and Konig wheels. Honestly, yes the volks quality is amazing, but VERY finicky wheels bc everything is a problem when taking care of them. My Hre's, were the same thing, but Ill tell you took alot more to get bent then my old volks. Like people have said, different strokes for different folks.

Oh and for your information, volk didnt come up with the design that you speak of that ROTA copied as you say. Did Volk, DESIGN THE MESH WHEEL??????????? NO they didnt, so pretty much what your telling me is, rota copied volk and did no r&d. Sorry to tell you, but they copy their designs from other manufacturers that you dont see here also, b/c I have seen most of their newer designs a LONG time before volk made them. Get off your high horse, their a good product, and shouldnt be talked bad about b/c Volk lovers are feeling threatened
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM
lil_shaun

I had rotas, they were great, cheap, light, and good quality.

I have volks, yes the quality is better, but its not like i track the car so the added R&D in making the wheels has little effect on my liking.

point is theyre both good wheels, i bet 99% of the people on here dont track their car so they wouldnt benefit from $3000+ wheels, if this is the case just go with what looks good and what you can afford, because for daily driving (NOT tracking) in the end rotas are just debadged volks
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
BTW, why doesnt the OP respond to any of this?
By know it's a broken record. Anytime certain ppl or vendors post up they get bashed. This post was just to introduce these wheels to few that actually think Rota is a viable option to expensive Volk or Work wheels. IMHO especially in this economy i like knowing that i have an in-expensive option when purchasing wheels. I also won't be heart broken if something were to happen to a roughly $300 wheel as opposed to a $7-800 wheel...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM
synth19

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
Synth19, seriously get a grip man. Here's what you dont understand, THESE are not the only knock offs that look like this. Your comments are just stupid and biased and deserve no real attention, b/c your only speaking for one side of the team.

I have owned Hres, Volks, Rotas, and Konig wheels. Honestly, yes the volks quality is amazing, but VERY finicky wheels bc everything is a problem when taking care of them. My Hre's, were the same thing, but Ill tell you took alot more to get bent then my old volks. Like people have said, different strokes for different folks.

Oh and for your information, volk didnt come up with the design that you speak of that ROTA copied as you say. Did Volk, DESIGN THE MESH WHEEL??????????? NO they didnt, so pretty much what your telling me is, rota copied volk and did no r&d. Sorry to tell you, but they copy their designs from other manufacturers that you dont see here also, b/c I have seen most of their newer designs a LONG time before volk made them. Get off your high horse, their a good product, and shouldnt be talked bad about b/c Volk lovers are feeling threatened
What are you talking about? These spectrums are not a "mesh" design. BUT, if we're going to go there, Rota did copy the mesh pattern of the VS-XX. A mesh design is one thing, plenty of manufactures have this style. Obviously Volk or whoever did not "invent" this. However, the EXACT pattern is called stealing/copying. Let's not kid ourselves with these silly arguments. Rota has a recipe, take very popular wheels and then duplicate them @ a cheaper price. I'm giving arguments to both sides of the team, if not, tell me what the other side is....
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lil_shaun
I had rotas, they were great, cheap, light, and good quality.

I have volks, yes the quality is better, but its not like i track the car so the added R&D in making the wheels has little effect on my liking.

point is theyre both good wheels, i bet 99% of the people on here dont track their car so they wouldnt benefit from $3000+ wheels, if this is the case just go with what looks good and what you can afford, because for daily driving (NOT tracking) in the end rotas are just debadged volks
I've yet to see any Z or any other brand on the track with Volks at Portland or Pacific Raceways. Same goes for any Zs that races in this region in SCCA. Enkei is by far the most popular wheel at track and race days for the Z.

And, yes 1-2% of Z owners never see a track.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
350zbiturbo

I am explaining to you, how not this design in particular, but Volks Mesh design, they didnt put "r&d" into that as you call it. They took a mesh design they found and made the wheel. Its not like Volk is the supreme. They simply make designs similar to others, thats just reality. I wanna know if you say Rota copied the mesh design from VSXX, OK FINE, SO your saying VSXX came up witht the mesh design?????????

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**