Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:18 PM
ginobetterfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good read... my 2 cents:

1. ROTA so obviously 100% copied the RE30 design and now the GT-30 from Rays (its almost shady)... and in the future im certain they will copy the CE, the TE (oh wait i think that happened already lolz), the GT-F, etc, etc, etc.... in my opinion, that is so effin lame and unoriginal and why i will NEVER buy from Rota (or from any company who practice such a lame business model (in my opinion), EVEN IF such a model is making them money)

-again, i dont give a **** about Rota's R&D or lack there of, or whatever... all im saying is they keep and keep COPYING Rays designs and i feel like its just never going to end and i am well aware that companies copy each other's designs from time to time but Rota is just going way too far with every one of their "NEW" designs looking EXACTLY like Rays old ones...

2. Much better, lighter, [probably] stronger wheel designs are available for similar money as the Rotas... Take a look at Enkeis RPF1s and NTO3s.

3. And finally, if any of the Rota posers want some Rays/Volks stickers to get the complete VOLK look (i know you're out there), i got some for sale.... (i kid, i kid, dont ban me...)

Last edited by ginobetterfly; 12-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:24 PM
v8 rofl
Banned

Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
i'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked already.
+1... Its kind of sad that the moderators wont step in and do something for a paying sponsor who has had to put up with more people's **** than he has should have all while respectfully reacting...
Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
SlipZ

Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
i'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked already.

i think it should be and ban/warning for some.

Last edited by SlipZ; 12-23-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't understand why their's so much hate on Rotas. If you truly hate replica's why not hate all the vender's selling replica body kits on here also? A good chunk of people on here are running replica body kits and they don't get flamed. What's up with all this nonsense. Same people, same hate, everytime. If you don't wanna support them, then don't buy them. Simple as that.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by v8 rofl
+1... Its kind of sad that the moderators wont step in and do something for a paying sponsor who has had to put up with more people's **** than he has should have all while respectfully reacting...
i agree with this.... and i have NOTHING against Wheeldude as he is just trying to make a living and i applaud him for replying politely and in detail... even though he did have the audacity to call this thread "New Rota design unveiled..."

I just cant get over Rota's complete COPY after COPY after COPY of Rays wheels....

Anyways, my disbelief and disgust is with Rota, not wheeldude, so wheeldude if i hurt your sale of these wheels with my post in any way (i highly doubt it), im sorry... i cant speak for the other 5 pages of negative replies though...
Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
07rdsterGT

Wow. I just read over this entire thread and some of you guys are more arrogant then f u c k i n g civic drivers. GET THE **** OVER IT. Welcome to the real world guys, don't like it, move the hell on. Like a bunch of school girls in here.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Wheel Dude - Come in here and call people ignorant? Makes no difference if what their post is misinformed or not, you handled that very poorly. For that you have FOREVER lost my business.
I'm sorry if I offended you, I did not mean for that to come off in a negative context. By definition, "lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact" I think that this word best described him for this particular subject.

There are a lot of things that go on "behind the scenes" that I keep to myself and don't make public. Luckily the my350z admins have been very helpful to put a stop to a lot of these shady tactics. Trust me guys, the mods and admins have been a great help and they are definitely doing their jobs.

-Dan
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM
O_SO_ICY_Z

Wheeldude sorry for all the hate your getting from the stuck up *** Z owners. i cant see myself ever spending 3-4 grand for the name on a F***ing wheel. plus i get tired of seeing every damn car on this forum with the same volks rays or works in different colors. tired of knock offs everyone? i'm tired of having to read you stuck up people flame on everybody who doesnt have the same wheels as you on your Z. your talking about Rota being original? how about you be original yourself and put something on your ride not made from rays manufacturing then? how many new wheel designs has volk came up with lately? i just see different versions of the same wheels over and over again and it gets just as old.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
Wheeldude sorry for all the hate your getting from the stuck up *** Z owners. i cant see myself ever spending 3-4 grand for the name on a F***ing wheel. plus i get tired of seeing every damn car on this forum with the same volks rays or works in different colors. tired of knock offs everyone? i'm tired of having to read you stuck up people flame on everybody who doesnt have the same wheels as you on your Z. your talking about Rota being original? how about you be original yourself and put something on your ride not made from rays manufacturing then? how many new wheel designs has volk came up with lately? i just see different versions of the same wheels over and over again and it gets just as old.
WOW... that comment right there just classified you as a F***ing retard...

yep, you hit the nail right on the head, we're def not paying for the quality, strength, finish and the light weight of the Rays, just paying for the name... yep, you got it!

Last edited by ginobetterfly; 12-23-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP,

Whatever happened to the concave 19"s you posted about a few months back?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
OP,

Whatever happened to the concave 19"s you posted about a few months back?
The 19" P45 wheels will be available in January The 18" P45 wheels were very popular for the 350Z and proved to be high quality with great strength. The community asked us to release a 19" model and it's now finally a reality We already received the 19x9 +20 fronts and the 19x10 +20 rears are in transit right now. We are offering these in a staggered 19x9 +20 front / 19x10 +20 rear or a 19x10 +20 all around.

Don't want to go too offtopic in this thread but here are some samples of the wheels These are just a couple of the many incoming colors

19x9 +20

19x10 +20

-Dan
Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
quicki

Yes, we all know that Rota designs often look like they imitate others, but have y'all ever though of as to why? Because the design is popular and attractive! Rota is not going to go around designing ugly looking rims for the sake of (not limited to)volk and volk owners, and they are not the only company. A quick browse through Tirerack and you could definitely find more than one brand of rim that looks like another rim.

Point in case.

A rim by ASA

Rota P45R

SSR

Nismo (Made by Rays, who also produce Volks)

Who can really say they had the design first?

The fact that y'all would take 5 minutes of your precious time to bash someone who doesn't even design the rims, just redistributes them seems irrational and uncalled for. If you don't like it, who cares? Your bickering will not prevent companies from designing rims that resemble another companies rim.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
O_SO_ICY_Z

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
WOW... that comment right there just classified you as a F***ing retard...

yep, you hit the nail right on the head, we're def not paying for the quality, strength, finish and the light weight of the Rays, just paying for the name... yep, you got it!
and i'm sure your at the track every getting every bit of use you can out of those four grand wheels? and i'm the retard for not spending four grand on wheels that are gonna sit in my garage? good one!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Goku350z2007

shiotttt good designsss
i may consider rotas now instead of volks
Old 12-23-2008, 09:05 PM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by Voboy
Don't understand why their's so much hate on Rotas. If you truly hate replica's why not hate all the vender's selling replica body kits on here also? A good chunk of people on here are running replica body kits and they don't get flamed. What's up with all this nonsense. Same people, same hate, everytime. If you don't wanna support them, then don't buy them. Simple as that.
that's the difference between Volks fanboys and people that really want authenticity. most Volks lovers are just hypocrites. they say they buy Volks for the quality and the r&d.. blah blah.. they're real. then they buy the shine replica kits. there's nothing wrong with that but then don't preach to others about their FAKE wheels...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 PM
ALO8

Originally Posted by Nexx
wow, just wow. just go to a meet. compare the differences between knock offs and the real thing. its NIGHT AND DAY to people who arent blind. compare the finish and quality and you'll know why people paid more for the original. in any case, high dollar wheels arent for anyone, and honestly people on both sides need to chill. i understand people who are totally against knock offs and i understand people who buy knocks offs. different market for different folks, and i dont think either side should bash the other.

Finish might be different brand new, I don't know about night and day. Maybe you should refer to night and day to the end result of the volks finish on certain wheels when the owners complain on how there is a rainbow effect on the lip or a haze over the finish. Plus that is why volk has there own thread on how to maintain and wash them on this site. All that money that is spent on wheels just so that we can here owners complain about there finish.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
ALO8

Originally Posted by synth19
I'd also like to point out that I have owned cheapy replica wheels. I know both sides of the argument. In those days, I bought the wheels simply for the look. I liked the design and they were perfect for my budget. I didn't however like bending 3/4 wheels. LOL.... But the quality of the product isn't my argument at all. I'm talking about originality and innovation. If you make a great product, and 10 companies steal the design (and sell for 1/2 the price), obviously the innovator's business is impacted. Their profit margins diminish and less money is put into developing other products. This is how we are impacted. If you don't believe me, look up Greddy/Trust. A simplistic example, but hopefully simple enough for the retarded comments that consumers aren't impacted by knock offs.
Like if you know how the downfall of Greddy came about? If the downfall of Greddy was a result of knockoffs, well good for them. Competition is competition and a company who does not take into account this is going to be left behind. You have be on top of your game in order to sell and push products into the hands of consumers and apparently something went wrong with Greddy, because the rest of the legitimate companies got the memo. I think Rota must have gotten it, they're still in business, I highly doubt they would be in business if they sold inferior products.

Last edited by ALO8; 12-23-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Toby-22

Wow, so much hate. If you don't like em then don't buy em simple as dat. I personally wouldn't get rotas but a lot of these rotas don't look bad. Oh n another thing, saying "buying $3k wheels is stupid" is just as ignorant as saying "buying cheap knockoffs is stupid." Most people buy $3-4k wheels for quality and not just name brand. If you don't like Rotas then that's your business, but there are others that like em. No need to bash the wheels or the OP.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:27 PM
lil_shaun

Im going to sell my le28's and get these spectrums because of this!

jk im not, but i will consider the 19" red/black p45r's, theyre sick and if I didnt get the volks for a steal I woulda been all over the p45r's like rota haters were all over this thread

Rota FTW
Volk FTW
Old 12-23-2008, 10:36 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL @ haters.

why bash on someone who's freely contributing to help make this site/community successful? shame shame.

if you guys have to make a comment at least do show a bit of respect. cmon.

so, "LEAAAAVE ROTA ALLOOONEE!!! YOU VOLK B@ST@RDS!! *cry cry cry..." LOL. (anybody remembers that 'leave britney alone' clip?)

on a serious note,
im also one of the rota users. My Z has been air-borne about 5inch off the ground on the p45's while running at 80kph on a bend (fooking potholes). Z has been dropped off a jackstand at more than 1ft high (fooking crazy-dumbass assistant mechanic!!!). Been at the circuit several times, with suspensions dialed on hardest settings.... and nothing happened. not a crack nor a bend.

one of the tuned evo9's in my area has been rocking rota's for more than a year now and he's one of the fastest around the club circuit, dubai autodrome. before that this particular rota set was mounted onto another track-***** 350z (driven by a very seasoned track veteran). . . so quality-wise i think it's fine.

so... hatin rota because of its knock-off designs? OK. acceptable.

but hatin rota for its poor quality design? FAIL!11!1!!! JWT/VIA labels aren't stamped there just for show.

also, why worry so much? even Volks and other brands aren't bothered to take legal actions or even accuse the PAWI/ROTA for 'copying' their products.

be cool guys.

as for the topic, the new Spectrum design looks pretty ok for the Z imo.
p45r and torque are still my faves

Last edited by 350Zdj; 12-23-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**