Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
i went from Luff M1 to the Volk CE28Ns... same exact size and even the same offsets... and i absolutely can tell the difference between the two in daily driving condition, my car is much more responsive with the Volks and drives a lot smoother, its not in my head...
quality of the finish of the wheel? could someone clearly distinguish which one cost more just by looking at them?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:29 AM
dan avoN7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
i went from Luff M1 to the Volk CE28Ns... same exact size and even the same offsets... and i absolutely can tell the difference between the two in daily driving condition, my car is much more responsive with the Volks and drives a lot smoother, its not in my head...
Well now I can see why you noticed a difference, it's funny as everyone commenting on cheap replicas in this thread is referring to parts other than Rota's Is this thread announcing the new Luff wheel? Don't think so.. so why are you bringing up another brand. If I went from a Luff M1 wheel to a Rota I would also notice a difference. Did you forget that your Luff wheels are 29-30 lbs each

Everyone seems to generalize replica parts in thinking that they are all crap. If you have seen some of the recent Rota wheels you would notice they are all in the 21-22 lbs weight range for the 18" models. That's why when I went from Volk's to Rota's I didn't notice a difference as their weights are fairly close in the same sizes.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
Well now I can see why you noticed a difference, it's funny as everyone commenting on cheap replicas in this thread is referring to parts other than Rota's Is this thread announcing the new Luff wheel? Don't think so.. so why are you bringing up another brand. If I went from a Luff M1 wheel to a Rota I would also notice a difference. Did you forget that your Luff wheels are 29-30 lbs each

Everyone seems to generalize replica parts in thinking that they are all crap. If you have seen some of the recent Rota wheels you would notice they are all in the 21-22 lbs weight range for the 18" models. That's why when I went from Volk's to Rota's I didn't notice a difference as their weights are fairly close in the same sizes.
huh? im not comparing Luffs and Rotas... I just gave lil shaun an example from personal experience since he lol'd and said that difference between diff wheels cannot be felt in daily driving conditions..

and your statement that Rotas 18s weigh 21-22 pounds... now you are making the wrong comparison... wouldnt it make more sense to compare a Rota 19 and a Rays 19?? taking widths into account as well?? my 19x10.5 Volks weigh less than the Rota 18s you mentioned... and you're gonna tell me that i wouldnt be able to tell a difference between my Volk 19s and the Rotas 19s???!! come on...

im almost certain that the Rota 19s will be close to the same weight as my old Luff 19s, as im pretty sure they were not 30 lbs.... so yes i would be able to tell the difference between Rota 19s and my Volks, just like i could tell the diff between the Luffs and Volks.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by Nexx
quality of the finish of the wheel? could someone clearly distinguish which one cost more just by looking at them?
yes a person who knows wheels can clearly see a difference between the beautiful satin black finish of the CE28s, the nice center caps, the stamping on the wheel itself, etc. VS. the ugly thin plastic blank center caps of the Luffs, the overall fit and finish, etc.

then again my gf (who knows nothing about cars) probably would not be able to tell the difference...

was that what you were asking??
Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
yes your right i do think that probably 80% of volk owners do buy them for the name on the wheel. it gives them status when they could achieve the same look with a knock off wheel. most of the people on here are not goin to track their car or get any of the benefits of owning a forged wheel, but they still have them on their car. they are nothing but light weight high maitenance wheels that are not goin to see the track for most Z owners.
its the "good from far, far from good" illusion... you get up close to a Rota wheel or other knock off (i dont want to pick just on Rota) and a Volk wheel and its not the "same look".

either way, i didnt buy my Volks for status (well maybe a little )... i bought them because i KNEW that going with Rays i was going to get a lightweight, strong wheel with a beautiful fit and finish... I KNEW I was going to be satisfied with my purchase... I think majority of Volk owners on here bought them for the same reasons...
Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
ginobetterfly

+1 on the price, Performance Nissan has the Volk GTF's on sale for $1900 shipped.
yeah i saw that yesterday... pretty insane.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Z You Later

1. who cares if this or any of his wheels have the "same look" as the ones that cost $4k...if it bothers you that much then don't come in here and read it

2. to the ones who thinks he should be shut down for copying then look at all the wheel companies and show me one company that doesn't have a look that another company has, it's going to happen because there are too many companies out there nowadays

3. personally i think the ones that gripe the most on here are either jealous to the fact that their $4k rim is matched by something more than half the price, offering the same quality, or really near to it....or just a brand *****, who cares!!

i'm just sick of people endlessly flaming on here, get a life! i'm sure there a MANY members on here with half their posts being "that's crap" or "what were you thinking?"...dare to call me out on that cause we all know that this happens WAY TOO MUCH...i'm tired of reading through a thread being hijacking with useless posts and get NOTHING out of it

to the OP keep up the great work and i'm glad you finally came out with a 19" wheel with a good offset!!

/rant
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

With all the people that work at Rota/PIWA/whatever, not one person can come up with an original design? I think once Rota has their own wheel designs people will respect them more.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand why so many volk owners brag about their volks and how the finish is much superior. They comment on how they spend the extra money to get a better quality wheel then go and post some bs threads, "oh how do I protect my wheels? I spent so much money on them, I have to keep them out of harms way." Whats the use of paying that extra cash for what you guys claim is a superior finish if you practically have to keep them in the box to keep the finish looking good?

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-tire...sh-owners.html
Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
ginobetterfly

^ when you pay good money for something, whats wrong with trying to keep it clean and keep the finish looking brand new for as long as possible??

look i really dont care, if you like Rotas/knock offs then go ahead and get them... i could care less... All im saying (from my very first post in this dumb thread) is i dont like how Rota continues to copy Rays designs time and time again... thats it. I have no problem with people that buy them (you) or the people that sell them (wheeldude).. more power to you guys!

(leaving thread)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by xxxlino
I dont understand why so many volk owners brag about their volks and how the finish is much superior. They comment on how they spend the extra money to get a better quality wheel then go and post some bs threads, "oh how do I protect my wheels? I spent so much money on them, I have to keep them out of harms way." Whats the use of paying that extra cash for what you guys claim is a superior finish if you practically have to keep them in the box to keep the finish looking good?

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-tire...sh-owners.html
not sure why you would hate on someone trying to learn how to keep their high dollar wheel in the best condition possible. its pretty simple, the same as process i would use to clean any wheel.

1. spray off as much dirt as possible
2. use only mild soap and water
3. wipe down and dry off with a clean microfiber towel.

i dont see volk owners or other high dollar wheel owners "bragging" about their wheels. sure they post up pics but is that bragging? i dont see many if any "i got volks bitches all you lowly rota owners lick deez nutz!!" threads

i see just as much volk bashing in these threads as i do rota bashing. it irks me to see someone saying "dumb volk owners pay 4k for wheels that i can replicas that are just as good for 1k." first of all volks dont cost 4k, i bought my first set for $1800 shipped new! you can get a set of new GT-F's from performance nissan for $1900 shipped. call around and you can get many more for around 2k. i saw a set of LE37's in gloss black go for $1800 shipped off ebay, brand new, about 2 months ago. and if you really think you are getting the same thing you are friggin blind! NIGHT and DAY. im sure the new rota will be a nice imitation but i promise you it isnt the same.

in any case, i could careless what joe shmoe buys, but dont rag on a volk owner because you think you can get something just like it for 1k cause you arent.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:33 PM
2k6-z33

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com

Royal Hyper Black

Nice Wheels. I dont see nothing wrong with them other then looking like volks but who cares they look good dont they.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Get_Zwole

i dont see anything wrong with them either. I think this thread got a little rediculous. They look decent.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:43 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Look decent. Not sure if I like this look on the Z my self, but good work.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:03 PM
definitionxmk

Default mmm...

I just finished reading this entire thread and I actually am now considering purchasing a set of ROTAS. Like, years ago... i never wanted to get a set of ROTAS and just wanted to go strictly for VOLK or WORK or any other HIGH END wheel company. I always heard from people and the internet that, "Oh Rotas will break on you" or like "Ah, those are fake copies!"... so i stayed clear from ROTAS or any other company that copies other wheel designs. but then i thought about it... why? why will i blow so much money on "the look" or "the quality" of HIGH END rims? It's already quite obvious that ROTA wheels are OF QUALITY and they do have a similar "look".... sure it's not the same exact thing, but oh well?? they still "look" good... okay, maybe personally i wouldn't run them on a track... but i wouldn't run my VOLKS on the track neither! the bottom line is: VOLKS are just for looks. sure, maybe not EVERYONE is getting them for looks, but i'm sure the majority ARE. Can you argue with me about that? maybe you are going to hit that search button and find something to argue about, but why? ROTAS are for looks too! Why do you think they make them look like VOLKS?? I'm sure both of them perform well on the TRACK... but honestly, for the track... who the hell is gonna be running on 19" wheels??? Track Junkies know that running 19" wheels is just gonna slow your numbers down... why do you think people run on 17s??? so buying 18-19" VOLK rims or 18-19" ROTAS are obviously not for the track. I'm not on any side here, but my argument IS for the haters on ROTAS (I can't believe it too!). If you complain about these wheels not holding on a track... okay, maybe we can start something. but from one of the OPS responses, he clearly shows that they could. okay okay, so you can get a better deal on some higher end wheels... good for you. in fact, shoot the deal my way! but in general, these are GREAT wheels for a GREAT price. Imagine all the money you save for OTHER track performance parts! saving a 1000-2000 bucks and purchasing more suspension mods (or more tires!!) can REALLY save your A$$! believe me...

okay okay, enuff of that rambling... i honestly would rock ROTAS for my DAILY DRIVER (which these Wheels are marketed for). and my ideal track setup would actually be ENKEI RPF1s (enkei?? you can lift this rim with one finger).... but that would just be for the track (that is what YOU do, right? ROTA haters?)

again, i'm really on no one side. i still want a set of VOLK GT-S or VS-XX but if these can do the job and make me save some money then i'm all up for it!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:05 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sure thing, just got my car back 2 weeks ago so i havent been to a meet in awhile since it was gone for 8 months. you bought Brian's old Z right?
Yeah I got my Z from Brian. I haven't done much to it other than different springs and sway bars. The ROTAS that he put on the car are still there and I love them. I'm ready to buy new wheels just to put my own little touch on the Z, but am undecided on which ones. ROTA offers nice wheels at great prices and there are a few that I have been debating. Almost ordered a set of the SVN-Rs, but now this Spectrum looks great and is offered in 19" sets. Perfect for street driving. There are a few other brands with styles I'm thinking about too. Volk, Work, Racing Hart, Rays, etc. For the street I just want something with good fitment, style, and finish. The quality will be there unless I'm buying something absolutely ridiculous.

I'll PM you about meeting up.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Yeah I got my Z from Brian. I haven't done much to it other than different springs and sway bars. The ROTAS that he put on the car are still there and I love them. I'm ready to buy new wheels just to put my own little touch on the Z, but am undecided on which ones. ROTA offers nice wheels at great prices and there are a few that I have been debating. Almost ordered a set of the SVN-Rs, but now this Spectrum looks great and is offered in 19" sets. Perfect for street driving. There are a few other brands with styles I'm thinking about too. Volk, Work, Racing Hart, Rays, etc. For the street I just want something with good fitment, style, and finish. The quality will be there unless I'm buying something absolutely ridiculous.

I'll PM you about meeting up.
sweet, just keep your mind open and make sure you purchase something you'll enjoy for a long time and not regret.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by v8 rofl
+1... Its kind of sad that the moderators wont step in and do something for a paying sponsor who has had to put up with more people's **** than he has should have all while respectfully reacting...
Why can't people voice their opinions? There are both sides of the argument being represented here. Does a paying sponsor get a secret service security detail? Does a paying premier member get preferential treatment over a non-paying member?

Besides, this isn't a for sale thread, it's in the media share section where everyone posts pics, and everyone else comments on them, whatever their thoughts may be.

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
Wheeldude sorry for all the hate your getting from the stuck up *** Z owners.
Wheeldude is nothing more than a retailer, not a co-owner of Rota/Linea wheels right? If someone knocks Work wheels, does that mean they're bashing Status? If someone thinks Kinetix plenums are shiny and worthles, does that mean they're bashing Gruppe-S? C'mon people.

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
JWT/VIA labels aren't stamped there just for show.
Actually, they are. Do a search on previous debates on here, and you'll realize the wool has been pulled over your eyes.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Why can't people voice their opinions? There are both sides of the argument being represented here. Does a paying sponsor get a secret service security detail? Does a paying premier member get preferential treatment over a non-paying member?
Voicing your opinion is one thing, slandering a product is another.. There is a reason you were permanently banned on the other forums, it wasn't favoring a sponsor.

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Actually, they are. Do a search on previous debates on here, and you'll realize the wool has been pulled over your eyes.
The JWL/VIA stamps on Rota wheels are not for show, these wheels do meet these standards. I have posted pictures of the testing equipment, JWL/VIA certificates verifying the equipment, etc.. I would advise you to stop posting lies/rumors regarding Rota wheels.

Happy Holidays everyone

-Dan
Old 12-25-2008, 12:05 AM
2k6-z33

Wheels look good dude keep doing what you do.

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**