Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Voicing your opinion is one thing, slandering a product is another..
I've only posted a couple times in this thread. Not one of them was bashing, whereas there are people bashing (on both sides of the argument) in this thread. Instead of singling me out, spend your time calling out people that warrant it. Since YOU chose to call me out for no apparent reason and aggravate ME, I guess I'll respond.

There is a reason you were permanently banned on the other forums, it wasn't favoring a sponsor.
Actually, it clearly was, and I love you how say forums plural. Since you bring it up, it was only 1 forum, NASIOC. I posted a couple funny Rota-themed motivational posters. The funniest part is that it was in a thread that someone else started, showcasing their own set of cracked Rota wheels. You threw a fit and they issued a gag order. I then made a new screenname and made no posts. All I did was send a PM to an admin, to protest their hasty decision. You trying to twist the facts and outright lie? No shame. Sadly, that forum took the stance where they give preferential treatment to someone that lines their pockets and proved their management to be unreasonable. Good thing other forums, such as this one, allow open discussion within reason and relatively fair treatment.

The JWL/VIA stamps on Rota wheels are not for show, these wheels do meet these standards. I have posted pictures of the testing equipment, JWL/VIA certificates verifying the equipment, etc.. I would advise you to stop posting lies/rumors regarding Rota wheels.
You already had this debate with other members (not me) in more than one thread, which you lost. The so-called certifications are only on equipment that can be purchased, not on the materials and/or processes. Throwing out thinly-veiled intimidation towards someone who refers to a pre-existing thread is pathetic. That kind of behavior is reminiscent of how Monster Cable tries to strongarm every small company that has Monster in its name.

You're a reseller, just like all the vendors on here. Performance Nissan is the #1 Volk reseller on here. They don't go around crying when knockoff wheel-lovers talk **** about Volks. Klumyzee sells all his bodykits on the forums, but he doesn't b!tch & moan when people think a one of them is fugly.

Let us know what you guys think of this new design

-Dan
You're not special. What applies to a noob and every other forum member also applies to you. Don't post pics and even ask for it if you can't handle opinions, comments, compliments, criticism, etc... You making a killing selling your parts, so stop being ridiculous, run your business, make your money and get over yourself.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 12-25-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:53 AM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
You already had this debate with other members (not me) in more than one thread, which you lost. The so-called certifications are only on equipment that can be purchased, not on the materials and/or processes. Throwing out thinly-veiled intimidation towards someone who refers to a pre-existing thread is pathetic. That kind of behavior is reminiscent of how Monster Cable tries to strongarm every small company that has Monster in its name.
did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or do you actually know what you're talking about? I dont know why you throw info out there when clearly you only go off by what others say in other threads.

By the way, any pics of the wheels actually mounted, you can't really give a good opinion on how they look till we see what they look like on the car?

Last edited by ALO8; 12-25-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:18 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^Go find pics of Volk GT30's and that should give you a decent idea...
Old 12-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Eclipseguy12

Old 12-25-2008, 08:23 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've only posted a couple times in this thread. Not one of them was bashing, whereas there are people bashing (on both sides of the argument) in this thread. Instead of singling me out, spend your time calling out people that warrant it. Since YOU chose to call me out for no apparent reason and aggravate ME, I guess I'll respond.
I would like to think I'm pretty level headed and I hope others can see that in my posting. You mention that I didn't call anyone else out but singled you out specifically, could there be a reason for that? I would love to link everyone to what you did on this forum and Nasioc but those posts have been deleted as they are clearly against forum rules and are illegal.

Hypothetically speaking, if I worked for another wheel manufacture and registered an account to say other high end Japanese wheels were not JWL/VIA certified and bad mouth another product, etc.. would you believe me? You have received your warnings from moderators for your actions just as these members received theirs for what they did. If I had the US Distributor of Rota registering fake accounts to bad mouth other companies maybe I wouldn't have to be the retailer stopping these false claims/rumors That's just speaking hypothetically though, because that wouldn't really happen would it?

I'm not replying to anymore of your posts, it's obvious we have different views and opinions on products and what we view as ethical/fair to do.

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 12-25-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:54 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the wheels look good, I can't afford to pay 3-4k on rims. Yeah, they are knockoffs, but that's all some of else can afford. I do agree, the mods need to do something about bashing sponsors on here. Every time the poor guy post some of there new products, the same **** happens. Really, we all know you thoughts and we are all tired of hearing them. Let the guy do his thing, mods please put you foot down, special how the economy is now, these are looking better and better everyday. We don't what to lose any sponsors right now, specially ones who are saving us money.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:40 AM
O_SO_ICY_Z

Talking

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
yes a person who knows wheels can clearly see a difference between the beautiful satin black finish of the CE28s, the nice center caps, the stamping on the wheel itself, etc. VS. the ugly thin plastic blank center caps of the Luffs, the overall fit and finish, etc.

then again my gf (who knows nothing about cars) probably would not be able to tell the difference...

was that what you were asking??
yeah your right I can usually tell volks by the scratched lip from people washing their car
Old 12-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

If I had the US Distributor of Rota registering fake accounts to bad mouth other companies maybe I wouldn't have to be the retailer stopping these false claims/rumors
What companies or distributors registered fake accounts to bash you? None of them. What retailers/distributors registered fake accounts to bash Rota wheels? None of them. Manufactured "facts" FTMFL.

I'm not replying to anymore of your posts, it's obvious we have different views and opinions on products and what we view as ethical/fair to do.
Gimme a break, spin doctor. I was goaded into replying to you, not the other way around. I wasn't even directing anything towards you until YOU chose to point lies and exaggerations at ME. People are discussing a wheel brand, not you or your operation, so give it a rest.

People all over the world have problems with specific wheel brands, Rota being only one of them. They voice their opinions, share their experiences, spread the facts, etc... about the WHEEL BRAND. Why would a retailer suddenly pretend it's a personal attack against their own business and go off the deep end? Is there something we don't know about? Are you more than just a retailer that happens to sell certain brands of wheels? Do you have more of a stake in Phillipines Aluminum Wheels, Inc. (PAWI) than you let on? Your questionable tactics certainly raise some questions.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 12-25-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Sergio07350Z

Originally Posted by 2k6-z33
Wheels look good dude keep doing what you do.
+1,000
Old 12-25-2008, 11:50 AM
DarkG37s

Originally Posted by raf84ny
Finally a positive feedback! The truth is NOT ALL OF US can afford Volks. Nothing wrong with Rotas.
You are absolutely correct! Some people are just hating because they dished out their whole bank account just to buy the "Real" brand. Why pay more when you can get one that looks just alike? The quality? Sure the quality of Volks is better, but it doesn't justify the price difference compare to the Rota.

Bottom line... Buy a set of Rota and keep the change to take your girlfriend out to dinner, movies, and shopping. Also stop crying!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:55 AM
DarkG37s

Originally Posted by synth19
At this point, I could give 2$hits about Rota's vastly improved quality. Cheap imitation wheels do no R&D, nor do they have a design team. They simply steal the design and sell them to ppl who don't want to pull the trigger on the real thing (but want the "real thing" look). I have been guilty of buying replica parts in the past, but I try to avoid it now after seeing the impact in the industry. I guarantee if you guys personally put out a product, and someone completely stole your design, you wouldn't feel the same about this issue. I have no respect for rota after seeing this latest travesty.
STFU! Stop your b*tching. Why are you even in this thread if you don't like Rota? If you got the money, why don't you buy us all Volks so that we won't be tempted to buy knockoff? You crybaby!

Last edited by DarkG37s; 12-25-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkG37s
You are absolutely correct! Some people are just hating because they dished out their whole bank account just to buy the "Real" brand. Why pay more when you can get one that looks just alike? The quality? Sure the quality of Volks is better, but it doesn't justify the price difference compare to the Rota.

Bottom line... Buy a set of Rota and keep the change to take your girlfriend out to dinner, movies, and shopping. Also stop crying!
Originally Posted by DarkG37s
STFU! Stop your b*tching. Why are you even in this thread if you don't like Rota? If you got the money, why don't you buy us all Volks so that we won't be tempted to buy knockoff? You crybaby!
Buy you some Volks? Buy your own you broke *** noob!

And these are your first two posts?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:50 PM
worldchamp

some of the **** people say is a joke. if you dont own and % of volk stop coming up with excuses to bash rota. just keep the negative bs to yourself. i have rota's and i bought them cause i like them, and their a good wheel for everyday street use/abuse. also if i wanted a set of volks i would simply order a set, their not that expensive for a someone that isnt married and has no children.. my opinion..
Old 12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by worldchamp
i have rota's and i bought them cause i like them, and their a good wheel for everyday street use/abuse.
And look like a more expensive wheel?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:53 PM
worldchamp

Hraesvelg Quote:
i have rota's and i bought them cause i like them, and their a good wheel for everyday street use/abuse.

And look like a more expensive wheel?
actually no dumbass.. wow, sarcasm. would never happen in person
Old 12-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

actually no dumbass.. wow, sarcasm. would never happen in person

I'm in Columbia, find out tonight. What the *** are you going to do? Beat me up because I don't like your knockoffs?

EDIT:

Originally Posted by worldchamp's profile
Biography: pro athlete
Generally the "pro" athletes aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the box... So you shouldn't be calling me a dumbass.

Last edited by Hraesvelg; 12-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:03 PM
worldchamp

your a smartass for no reason. i didnt want volks for street use dumbass, simple as that. more than likely people dont make smartass remarks in person, just over the internet. you go in my profile and post my way of income?.. a little weid if you ask me.

Last edited by worldchamp; 12-25-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

your a smartass for no reason. i didnt want volks for street use dumbass, simple as that. more than likely people dont make smartass remarks in person, just over the internet.
I'm a smartass 24/7 not a dumbass. How smart do you have to be to be a speed skater?

If we had a conversation in public and you were yapping about your Rota's I would say they knocked off Volk's design. And you would skate all over me to show me I was wrong and you are right correct?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

you go in my profile and post my way of income?.. a little weid if you ask me.
Then why did you post it there? To remind yourself of what you do?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM
SoldzMyZ

MY GOD. I can't believe this tread is still going.

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**