finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, there's always a first
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by Citrus
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...i-lug-nut.html

There have been a few of us that ran into problems with the Muteki's. I switched to Kics after the Muteki's ate half a stud on my rear hub.

Always love seeing updates to your ride FF. My car is on mod-hiatus for the year due to down payment on a house
Thanks for the heads up, if you read further on that thread, a guy with Project Kics experienced the exact thing. I guess its a give or take

Congrats on the new house. House comes way before the car so its good you have your priorities straight
Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
finalforce

I went with splash guards in the rear. I was gonna go with the Nismo rear skirts, but I couldn't get over the fact that it makes my car look too square. Also the skirt doesn't have enough shape for me, I wish the tail end curved up and followed the lines of the rear bumper. With the splash guards it follows the scheme well and gives a little poke to flow with the Nismo sides. In the future I might go with the Nismo, but I have to modify it. I like them because it adds more fins to my diffuser..... I just can't get over it being so square

Honestly, if I wasn't slammed I would go another route. My car would look butt ugly if I was rolling high with this setup.

IF at it purest shade IMO.

Body poke & step lip barrels= yum.

I thought of raising my car a little until I saw this picture. Hellz NO!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by finalforce
Nice plans with the Turbo. I gave up an S14sr to go NA with my Z and I was entertaining the idea of going FI on my Z33, but its too expensive for my budget right now I miss boost and the sound of spool. If I were to go FI, SC is probably more in my budget range.
Yea I know what you mean about budget Wish there was no such thing.

Oh by the way love the new pics do you have any far away shots of the front so I can see the hood.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rear splash guards doesn't flow imo. It'd be better off with rear nismo skirts. But it still looks good!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^Nice pics, I agree about the splash guards. Remove or get nismo rear add ons molded
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM
ekidd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by solidsnake
^Nice pics, I agree about the splash guards. Remove or get nismo rear add ons molded
or maybe top secret rears? or g35 rears?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM
ufoz8mycow

Im kinda digging it with the splash guards because I agree that Nismo fins wouldnt work at all with that diffuser.

I saw in the future you just upgrade to a real deal diffuser and call it a day on the rear. Maybe a Mastergrade?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by ekidd
or maybe top secret rears? or g35 rears?
Those were my top two picks, I just wish the ends met up with my diffuser. If I have them on there will be a good 2" gap.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
Im kinda digging it with the splash guards because I agree that Nismo fins wouldnt work at all with that diffuser.

I saw in the future you just upgrade to a real deal diffuser and call it a day on the rear. Maybe a Mastergrade?
Looks like we think alike

I'm entertaining the idea of a full diffuser, but we'll see. I haven't seen one that's really caught my eye.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 PM
World Famous Z

nice pics, I'm liking how your car is coming along! I'm liking the clean look with aggressive wheels. much props
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
cwest350

i like how each mod has been carefully thought out, very good attention to detail all around. one of my fave Z's but the rear just bothers me a bit.

my only suggestion would be to lose the rear diffuser and splash guards all together. i've always thought that diffuser looks cheap, like how it doesnt extend all the way to the ends, it just looks tacked on imo. all your other mods flow perfectly with the stock lines of the Z and the rear just stands out.

i'd either do a complete rear bumper replacement of some kind if you stay with your current sideskirts and front lip.
or if you ever decided to do a more aggressive front end then i think it'd look good with a topsecret rear df, like this setup pictured. with your current front lip, i think the tpscrt df would be too aggressive for your car and just wouldnt look right. sorry, dont mean to nitpick an otherwise awesome Z! just my .02

Last edited by cwest350; 08-13-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by finalforce
Looks like we think alike

I'm entertaining the idea of a full diffuser, but we'll see. I haven't seen one that's really caught my eye.
I think its cool to be different, I would keep the diffuser, but paint it IF to match the rest of the Z.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:27 AM
metal_gear350

Your attention to detail shows in every aspect of your car. I have followed your updates and have always been impressed. Quite easily one of the best cars on this site.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WildWes had the rear skirts and diffuser. Looked good to me. A full diffuser such as TS/DAMD would be too aggressive for the rest of the car imo.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 08-14-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:08 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by cwest350
i like how each mod has been carefully thought out, very good attention to detail all around. one of my fave Z's but the rear just bothers me a bit.

my only suggestion would be to lose the rear diffuser and splash guards all together. i've always thought that diffuser looks cheap, like how it doesnt extend all the way to the ends, it just looks tacked on imo. all your other mods flow perfectly with the stock lines of the Z and the rear just stands out.

i'd either do a complete rear bumper replacement of some kind if you stay with your current sideskirts and front lip.
or if you ever decided to do a more aggressive front end then i think it'd look good with a topsecret rear df, like this setup pictured. with your current front lip, i think the tpscrt df would be too aggressive for your car and just wouldnt look right. sorry, dont mean to nitpick an otherwise awesome Z! just my .02
Thanks, I like the middle section of that diffuser, but those side generators throw off the entire piece IMO. The way it curls like that has no flow with a Z33 body.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
WildWes had the rear skirts and diffuser. Looked good to me. A full diffuser such as TS/DAMD would be too aggressive for the rest of the car imo.
I like how they cut out the inner mount section of the rear skirts on that PPW. That's what I was thinking of doing, but I'm still leaning towards keeping what I have right now. I've been browsing around looking for diffusers, but I haven't seen one that's blown me away yet. If I make the change, its gotta be something that holds my breath.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by World Famous Z
nice pics, I'm liking how your car is coming along! I'm liking the clean look with aggressive wheels. much props
Thanks Tony! I gotta shoot your car again, this time with the new shoes you got. One day we should shoot our cars together, but I'm intimidated to put my car next to yours..... it will just look like a shadow
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

more pics of the black Z please
Old 08-15-2009, 05:39 AM
finalforce

Please keep "additional" pix of other cars to a minimal on my thread; otherwise communicate through PM

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire