Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

1st Moulding Diffuser... Oh Yea

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Z-boi
thats caca fitment. I would be upset if I dropped a bunch of cash on that thing.
Originally Posted by dan avoN7
+1 fitment is horrrrrible. Maybe they designed it with the gap in the rear but that still doesn't explain the huge gaps on the side where it doesn't meat the rear bumper.

The fitment isn't that bad... If you guys think that's bad than obviously you haven't seen real bad. With a little adjustment it'll line up better and I'll finish it out with a nice rubber moulding between the diffuser and the bumper. The primary concern was the rear gap not the sides... All in all the diffuser looks sick in person as is... Once I do the final touches, it'll look better.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
The fitment isn't that bad... If you guys think that's bad than obviously you haven't seen real bad.
i agree.

did you try adjusting your exhaust? it looks a bit low.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by JZ33
i think it looks great but the only thing that bothers me about the gap is something that happened to a friend of mine who had a diffuser with a gap... at high speeds it would pop out the rivets because of the air going through the gap... do you think anything like that would happen with this one? im very inteersted in this...
There's no rivets on this thing... All nuts, bolts, and brackets that are pretty stout. Now that everyone knows the gap is part of the set up, its a non issue. I'm not getting offensive but it's easier to get any of the other diffusers to work b/c they're multiple pieces... This thing is one piece. Alot of the guys that are saying it looks like crap should really consider how these things are made and how many people have the luxury to own one. Essentially it's like telling someone with a Rolex that since his watch doesn't keep the greatest time for that price point... That it's a garbage watch. I like it b/c no one makes a replica or anything like it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by sofa king
i agree.

did you try adjusting your exhaust? it looks a bit low.
Yes I did b/c we needed to remove the canister to get 2 of the brackets in there... Once we reinstalled it, we made sure we didn't have to adjust anything so we didn't have to take off the diffuser again. What I think your seeing is that I need to bring the diffuser over a tad. The diffuser also goes up to the bottom bumper crease which is about 1.5 inches higher... So it looks like there's less bumper and more diffuser.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Here's the pics directly from 1st Moulding:

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 06-09-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i can barely tell but the side seems to sit more flush
Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by saywat?
i can barely tell but the side seems to sit more flush
It's exactly the same...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice job - I think you pulled it off pretty well. Is there anything like this for Gs? Looking more for function than form.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:48 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
It's exactly the same...
yea looks the same just angle of the pictures.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
zerostyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i kinda want it regardless of the gap...
Old 03-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by zerostyle
man i kinda want it regardless of the gap...
Yea it's a gorgeous piece and now that we all know the gap is part of the kit... It's acceptable. If you decide to get it PM me and tell you how to install it.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by ZS14
yea looks the same just angle of the pictures.
Yea +1... I just need to align it and add the rubber gaskets to the side to clean it up.

Originally Posted by rcdash
Nice job - I think you pulled it off pretty well. Is there anything like this for Gs? Looking more for function than form.
Thanks.... As far as I know they didn't make anything for a G's. The diffuser is a perfect match to my Chargespeed sides and the Chargespeed front, it looks funny with the Top Secret lip on now.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics that weren't taken off photobucket?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I'm updating the pics now... I bunched the pics into another folder and it killed the link.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its grown on me for sure! How is this cost wise compared to a Voltex?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Its grown on me for sure! How is this cost wise compared to a Voltex?
I paid about $1300.00 shipped... I don't know what the Voltex is but I'm sure it's not too far off. Thanks for the compliments... most people that walk by don't realize how big and how far it goes under, they just think it's a lip.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Road Warrior

fwiw...i think it looks great! the diffuser blends well with the rest of the body kit pieces....nice job. that gap probably needs to be there for functionality. in all...a+
Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
mrblah

I have a first molding rear diffuser. I bought it and installed it 2 years ago. Fitment is pretty bad, but you can play with it a bit to make it fit a bit better. but the big gaps in the rear is suppose to be there. I thought the one I got was pretty bad, but it seems like its the norm.

As for exhausts. I had a greddy SE and it fit. When i switched it to a fujitsubo rma01, it didn't fit. I had to cut the rear part of the diffuser, for the piping and the can.

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't buy this diffuser. However, it is pretty rare, and you will probably never run into another Z on the street with the same setup.

To the OP: looking good

Old 07-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by mrblah
I have a first molding rear diffuser. I bought it and installed it 2 years ago. Fitment is pretty bad, but you can play with it a bit to make it fit a bit better. but the big gaps in the rear is suppose to be there. I thought the one I got was pretty bad, but it seems like its the norm.

As for exhausts. I had a greddy SE and it fit. When i switched it to a fujitsubo rma01, it didn't fit. I had to cut the rear part of the diffuser, for the piping and the can.

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't buy this diffuser. However, it is pretty rare, and you will probably never run into another Z on the street with the same setup.

To the OP: looking good

Dude your the other guy! Man where were you when I need your help!!!!. Adam couldn't remember your info b/c it had been sooo long. I had all kinds of problems with the two brackets that hang off the tubular mounting position. My instructions were horribly bad so you couldn't see where it mounted. It fit alright after I added the gasket and made some adjustments. I originally wanted a HKS True Dual but decided on the Nismo S tune now... I had a Fuji Legalis R that I sold b/c I thought it was the culprit that was keeping me from getting the diffuser on. I really didn't want to cut it as the "extra" HP that I'd get from the TD wasn't worth it to me. I know this is asking a lot but can you get close up pics of the fitment? Especially on the sides... I think it'll be a good idea if you use my thread to give your info too being we're are the only 2 to have these in the US. If you need the part number for the gasket let me know but in the meantime you can go to any Toyota parts dept and request the rubber moulding from any 2003+ Corolla S sideskirt. I would recommend getting 4 of them just in case you measure wrong... it has an adhesive on it too. I'm glad you posted on this thread.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:20 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all a matter of taste.But to me,too much CF in the rear of your car.The spoiler is way
out of proportion to the car.Also,the diffusser,being CF,visually makes the car look
like its sitting higher than it really is.The gap is not the problem as I see it.Its what you have done to the overall design flow of the Z.Not good...

Quick Reply: 1st Moulding Diffuser... Oh Yea