Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My daily driver: 1st Domestic Bagged Chrysler 300c

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VQpoweredZ
Such a nice daily. I'm guessing you have Accuair e-level instead of switch speed? How do you like it?
The Accuair system has been great when everything is cohesive. The problem is once you damage one height sensor etc. It throws everything off, so you have to manually hit the switches if your height sensors get damaged.
It's nice that the remote is the size of an iPod and very easy to use unlike the old traditional switches.

Once everything is working normally it's really nice! Three preset ride heights that are programmed in like your favorite radio stations. I personally just utilize level 2 for daily driving ride height and have the alignment set for that and pancake mode to drop the entire car when parked.

In my old car, I used all 3 presets along with the pancake mode since I had the wheel/tire combo/camber perfected to where I was able to preset "level 1" as my crazy dropped ride height while rolling and it still cleared and didn't rub.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Here 's video with the JBA mids w/ gutted cats. It's definitely more raspy. I let the car idle a little bit since it was a cold start.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any skidpad numbers to report?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by davidv
Any skidpad numbers to report?
Yeah, here's me at the track last month.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
The Accuair system has been great when everything is cohesive. The problem is once you damage one height sensor etc. It throws everything off, so you have to manually hit the switches if your height sensors get damaged.
It's nice that the remote is the size of an iPod and very easy to use unlike the old traditional switches.

Once everything is working normally it's really nice! Three preset ride heights that are programmed in like your favorite radio stations. I personally just utilize level 2 for daily driving ride height and have the alignment set for that and pancake mode to drop the entire car when parked.

In my old car, I used all 3 presets along with the pancake mode since I had the wheel/tire combo/camber perfected to where I was able to preset "level 1" as my crazy dropped ride height while rolling and it still cleared and didn't rub.
Thats good to know thanks, my brother is in the middle of the install of e-level management and air ride on his VW mkiv r32. I can't wait to drive the car and see how it feels to drive. I had a feeling e-level could have its drawbacks but its so advanced in other ways its crazy. It automatically re-levels when gas is used and people get in and out of the car, really cool stuff.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Thats good to know thanks, my brother is in the middle of the install of e-level management and air ride on his VW mkiv r32. I can't wait to drive the car and see how it feels to drive. I had a feeling e-level could have its drawbacks but its so advanced in other ways its crazy. It automatically re-levels when gas is used and people get in and out of the car, really cool stuff.
IMHO, it is probably the best solution on the market. Just like you stated it accounts for variables in ride height due to weight utilizing height sensors. The Dakota self leveling kit is pretty nice as well, but it is pressure based rather than height based. The Dakota doesn't account for more/less weight, but just makes sure that each bag reaches the preset pressure in the bag.

The most important things about running bags is the shocks used with them. I ran the OEM suspension, SRT, and other aftermarket suspensions. The Koni yellows that were custom made for UAS airbag suspension was by far the best for the 300's. I'm not sure which would be ideal for your brother's application. Anytime I take people for a spin, they are shocked that the car is on bags because it rides really well.

Is your brother going with UAS, Air Lift, Air Runner, etc?

Last edited by Rickdogg; 12-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
VQpoweredZ

IMHO, it is probably the best solution on the market. Just like you stated it accounts for variables in ride height due to weight utilizing height sensors. The Dakota self leveling kit is pretty nice as well, but it is pressure based rather than height based. The Dakota doesn't account for more/less weight, but just makes sure that each bag reaches the preset pressure in the bag.

The most important things about running bags is the shocks used with them. I ran the OEM suspension, SRT, and other aftermarket suspensions. The Koni yellows that were custom made for UAS airbag suspension was by far the best for the 300's. I'm not sure which would be idle for your brother's application. Anytime I take people for a spin, they are shocked that the car is on bags because it rides really well.

Is your brother going with UAS, Air Lift, Air Runner, etc?
Thats what I hear from a ton of people! It will be cool to actually get to drive his car and be able to directly compare to the Z.

He went with the Air Lift Slam Series XL Front Struts. For the rear he chose Air House 2 Universal Bags with custom brackets (to get as low as possible) with Bilstein Sport shocks.

He went for that new exo mount accuair released too (I think its supposed to make everything a bit quieter), he has dual viair 444 compressors, and a skinny tank. I should have some pics up on here around Christmas time.

By the way, glad to see you back around here, your car was a big inspiration for me when I first joined the site.

Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 12-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Thats what I hear from a ton of people! It will be cool to actually get to drive his car and be able to directly compare to the Z.

He went with the Air Lift Slam Series XL Front Struts. For the rear he chose Air House 2 Universal Bags with custom brackets (to get as low as possible) with Bilstein Sport shocks.

He went for that new exo mount accuair released too (I think its supposed to make everything a bit quieter), he has dual viair 444 compressors, and a skinny tank. I should have some pics up on here around Christmas time.

By the way, glad to see you back around here, your car was a big inspiration for me when I first joined the site.
Unless you get in to bags really crazy with different types of air (nitrogen, helium, etc) that i've heard some crazy Japanese companies apparently utilize to alter how the suspension reacts similar to spring rates in a coil over suspension, it's going to be hard to beat a Z in regards to handling with a nice set of coilovers.

It sounds like a sick setup! I just went on Accuair's website and saw the Exo mount. Pretty dope...I have never seen that before. The VU4 Solenoid valve unit is really nice as well to clean up all of the typical brass valves, which I still am running. I just had all of the valves tucked along with the brain for the Accuair system underneath my bumper from the spare tire well, so it still looks clean to the naked eye.

I am running the Viair's as well, but since he is starting fresh...has he considered the Air Zenith compressors? I heard those are really nice and pump air in to the tanks a bit faster. Whenever I need to do an overhaul on the suspension I plan to upgrade the compressors.

Thanks...I'm glad to be back especially when some of the OG's or even just being able to chat with members that enjoy a healthy discussion. I come back every so often when I am modding again or just in the mood. I tend to take breaks once I get turned off by some of the trolls. Definitely post pics once everything is done. I'd like to see how the system is run and really intrigued on how the Exo mount cleans things up.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 12-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 PM
VQpoweredZ

Unless you get in to bags really crazy with different types of air (nitrogen, helium, etc) that i've heard some crazy Japanese companies apparently utilize to alter how the suspension reacts similar to spring rates in a coil over suspension, it's going to be hard to beat a Z in regards to handling with a nice set of coilovers.

It sounds like a sick setup! I just went on Accuair's website and saw the Exo mount. Pretty dope...I have never seen that before. The VU4 Solenoid valve unit is really nice as well to clean up all of the typical brass valves, which I still am running. I just had all of the valves tucked along with the brain for the Accuair system underneath my bumper from the spare tire well, so it still looks clean to the naked eye.

I am running the Viair's as well, but since he is starting fresh...has he considered the Air Zenith compressors? I heard those are really nice and pump air in to the tanks a bit faster. Whenever I need to do an overhaul on the suspension I plan to upgrade the compressors.

Thanks...I'm glad to be back especially when some of the OG's or even just being able to chat with members that enjoy a healthy discussion. I come back every so often when I am modding again or just in the mood. I tend to take breaks once I get turned off by some of the trolls. Definitely post pics once everything is done. I'd like to see how the system is run and really intrigued on how the Exo mount cleans things up.
Thanks for the advice on compressors, i'll swing that by him. I think the Viairs came in some sort of package deal so he stuck with them for the time being. It was either tuck everything away in the spare tire section with a box, or buy the exo mount. Tucking everything away in your daily is a smart idea if you want to keep your trunk space though.

I think the exo mount was a good choice, I really like the design of it. He's keeping everything visable at the moment; hopefully the exo mount will keep everything nice and clean looking. We'll see how it turns out. I'll be sure to keep you posted and get pics of the exo mount in particular for you.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

way better than 99% of them out there.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I literally lol'd. My daughter woke up...damn it.
I'm at work and laughed out loud at the coffin post!

Rick, love this car man. Great job. The rims are perfect! The all blacked out 'Homicide' look is tough!!

Last edited by shezzzhot; 12-07-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
I'm at work and laughed out loud at the coffin post!

Rick, love this car man. Great job. The rims are perfect! The all blacked out 'Homicide' look is tough!!
Thanks Pam. I switched out the blacked out tails for some OEM ones since I was getting pulled over left and right. The contrast has kind of grown on me now

---

In celebration of the Angels dropping $250 mil on Pujols:

Name:  1987234e.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  75.0 KB

Last edited by Rickdogg; 12-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Edge Performance Torque Converter 3200 stall. Will probably upgrade once I make more power...

Name:  e571955d.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  dbba5842.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  117.9 KB
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Don't mind the parts list...it's for my own reference

1-05037475AB (8x) 6.1 Pushrods
1-05037476AB (8x) 6.1 Pushrods
1-53021721AA (4x) Tappet Aligning Retainer

7 Non-MDS lifters (missing 1)

1-53013944AA (2x) exhaust manifold gasket
1-53021621BC Cylinder Head Gasket
1-53021620BC Cylinder Head Gasket

-------------------------------------

Some new toys came in the mail! Here are some Inertia Big Valve Heads, MDS Delete lifters, and some JBA shorty headers!

Name:  IMG_4462.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  180.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4468.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4470.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4464.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4472.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  181.7 KB

Last edited by Rickdogg; 12-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

More toys!

SLP underdrive pulley, camshafts, and Crower Timing kit

Name:  aa7d1cbc.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  074e70ff.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  da6a4400.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  100.0 KB
Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

We were going to get a baseline dyno, but unfortunately the software was way off. It read 320hp and 1000 tq lol. We knew that number was way off so we called it a day and threw back a few with some food and cookies. Unfortunately, the software was way off.

Name:  IMG_4532.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4530.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  122.0 KB
Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Dropped off the heads to get milled at Portflow. My sponsors recommended this place since they do a lot of work for time attack and drift vehicles. The cutter they use creates a mirror finish.

Portflow website

Name:  7d96f1f4.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  124.7 KB

An example of their work:

Name:  643ef58f.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Tom from Portflow told me it should be ready within a few days, but I guess he was working OT last night and decided to finish the heads the same day!

Name:  d66fd20d.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  122.6 KB
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Nothing major to report at the moment since the car is still at the paint shop. However I did receive the bump steer kit and the front lower shock bushing:

Name:  f05dcf53.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  146.3 KB

-----------------------------

The car is at DTM Autobody at the moment, which has treated me very well. The car is currently pulled apart (door panels, bumpers, door handles, moldings, etc). The body work should be completed by this Friday or Saturday.

Name:  dfbb0f68.jpg
Size:  140.8 KB
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Dropped off Front & rear strut bars, intake manifold, fuel rails, and Full 3Gkustomz engine bay kit!

The car's body is being worked on and it should be primered by tomorrow.

Name:  6e347965.jpg
Size:  214.3 KB

Name:  decfb52a.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  159.0 KB

Name:  c42106e1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  153.1 KB

Name:  86d6bb48.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  115.7 KB