Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Why I disappear from this forum for months at a time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007 | 05:36 AM
diablesse

Default Why I disappear from this forum for months at a time...

https://my350z.com/forum/current-topics/245155-racist-mexican-gangs-ethnic-cleansing-blacks-in-l-a.html

There is so much hate and ignorance buried here.

Thank goodness we live in the Mid-A where people tend to be relatively more liberal, more educated and I guess somewhat sheltered from this type of stuff.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:42 AM
mdracer76
Banned

wow.. thats just a whack thread.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:43 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

who cares, cali can break off the country and sink as far as I'm concearned.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:44 AM
mid-a-mamma

wow---just wow is all I can say about that
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:45 AM
bonusfrag

I read half way through page 1 of the thread and closed the window. Quite a bit of dumb **** coming out of people's mouths. Self-centered generalizations with a dash of hate is the typical form of communication on the internet, and has very little validity. **** or not, some of the statements made were simply disappointing. But like I said, welcome to the internet.

Last edited by bonusfrag; 01-29-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:46 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by mdracer76
wow.. thats just a whack thread.
+1
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:48 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by diablesse
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245155

There is so much hate and ignorance buried here.

Thank goodness we live in the Mid-A where people tend to be relatively more liberal, more educated and I guess somewhat sheltered from this type of stuff.

i didn't read too far into that thread...but from the first few posts...I'm guessing you are for the immigrants getting amnesty? That is your idea of being more educated?
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:55 AM
05-Z

I saw that thread, never even cared to click on it.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:58 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I always follow a quote ... "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain.
Old 01-29-2007 | 05:59 AM
diablesse

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
i didn't read too far into that thread...but from the first few posts...I'm guessing you are for the immigrants getting amnesty? That is your idea of being more educated?
I don't blame you for not wading through all that crap so you wouldn't have seen the posts I made. A synopsis of my views:

1. I do not believe in an absolute amensty for everyone. There are certainly people here who abuse the system and are not nessecarily the type of people you would want in your country. However, there are people here who are hard working, tax paying, contributing members of society. Those people have established lives here and it just isn't possible to kick them all out.

2. What does need some serious reform is the INS. If they had beem properly implimenting the rules already in place, this wouldn't be happening.

3. I am yet undecided on the fence issue.

4. I believe that a PROPERLY enforced Guest worker program would probably work. But only if it is properly monitored.

That said...while I am not here illegally, I am not a citizen and i have been screwed over many times by the INS. I really feel that a complete revamp of that organizatio is the solution. Shooting maxicans from the rooftops is not.
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:00 AM
diablesse

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I always follow a quote ... "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain.
lol

and +1

I really need to learn to follow that advice more. i always get sucked in...
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:34 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by diablesse
I don't blame you for not wading through all that crap so you wouldn't have seen the posts I made. A synopsis of my views:

1. I do not believe in an absolute amensty for everyone. There are certainly people here who abuse the system and are not nessecarily the type of people you would want in your country. However, there are people here who are hard working, tax paying, contributing members of society. Those people have established lives here and it just isn't possible to kick them all out.

2. What does need some serious reform is the INS. If they had beem properly implimenting the rules already in place, this wouldn't be happening.

3. I am yet undecided on the fence issue.

4. I believe that a PROPERLY enforced Guest worker program would probably work. But only if it is properly monitored.

That said...while I am not here illegally, I am not a citizen and i have been screwed over many times by the INS. I really feel that a complete revamp of that organizatio is the solution. Shooting maxicans from the rooftops is not.
Ok, well, i won't lie, i'm glad to hear your response was the way it was. I don't believe in absolute amnesty either. I would even say that any amnesty isn't fair to those who have legally entered the country. I have no problem w/ foreigners entering the country, and becoming citizens....legally. That's my catch.

I hear what you are saying about some of the illegals already forming lives here and it being hard to boot them out...but i have a really hard time feeling bad for them since they are the ones who chose to do it illegally. If i am selling drugs, and get rich, but used to living in excess....no one is going to agree to let me keep all my illegal money just cuz me and my family are used to living this way. I should have earned the money fair and square.

Some people will say that the illegals are here just b/c getting the citizenship is too hard. Well, i can not intelligently address this issue...but if that IS the problem, let's address that problem and fix it. Not let the rules slide b/c the rules are flawed.

And lastly...I STRONGLY agree with your statement "is the solution. Shooting maxicans from the rooftops is not." Just killing people is quite obviously not the proper solution.

just my .02
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:42 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE

Talk about hate! Here we have a liberal, more educated and I guess somewhat sheltered type calling for the death of 35 million Americans.
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:45 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

lol @ celebrity leadership and jumbled infrastructure = california! WTF is seriously going on out there, that state is out of control!!!! gangs? ethnic cleansing? and the Mid-A has a problem? If I lived in Cali. I would want out ASAP!!
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:52 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

America is full of hate and ignorance.

Most people can't wait to find out enough about someone else so that they can start hating them. If you live in a different state - hope you die. If you're a different color you're one of them. If you practice a different religion you need to be put to death. Heck, cheer for a different football team and we'll hate you. Liberals hate conservatives, blacks hate the whites, Christians hate the Muslims, heck I even see the Southern states still hating the carpetbager Yankees from the north - the new carpetbaggers are Californians selling their 4 bedroom 3 bath McMansions for huge profits and retiring out into other states ... and getting hated for enjoying the results of their lifetime of hard work and savings.

Disappearing ... I call it R&R from the battlefield. Hate, bigotry and ignorance requires a constant battle. One can only battle so long and so hard before it's time for some rest and recovery time. Oddly enough this is my R&R playground compared to some of the hardcore hate I see on other sites.

Old 01-29-2007 | 06:57 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

lol @ celebrity leadership and jumbled infrastructure = california! WTF is seriously going on out there, that state is out of control!!!! gangs? ethnic cleansing? and the Mid-A has a problem? If I lived in Cali. I would want out ASAP!!
You do understand that 22 other states population would fit into Californias with some leftover right? So it sort of goes to figure that you're going to hear about California about 22 times more often in the news than say Maryland right? Our state is more like a nation than a state due to its size.

I can't speak to the gang problem as I live in the 98% of California that doesn't make the news.
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:59 AM
sq40

+1 I am pretty happy where I live and I am sick of having to read about all of the loons on the west coast in the news pushing their
brand of bullshyt on everyone else.

Those of you that are "normal" and live there need to either take out your trash or leave.

Last edited by sq40; 01-29-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2007 | 07:05 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Ok guys ... enough on "bad-mouthing" California. Every state has its Pros and Cons. I don't think the OP intended for this to be a "your state sucks and my state rocks" thread.
Old 01-29-2007 | 07:08 AM
sq40

BTW.. Hate is a perfectly healthy human emotion and is necessary for survival when properly controlled and channeled. 40 Years of "Universal Love and Peace" have given us what every American feels is a Declining Country.

You have to temper the two emotions together and use wisdom to make decisions and take action. Rampant use of either is dangerous.

Here is a parable for you to read to understand my point;

The Little Boy and The Rattlesnake

The little boy was walking down a path and he came across a rattlesnake. The rattlesnake was getting old. He asked, "Please little boy, can you take me to the top of the mountain? I hope to see the sunset one last time before I die." The little boy answered "No Mr. Rattlesnake. If I pick you up, you'll bite me and I'll die." The rattlesnake said, "No, I promise. I won't bite you. Just please take me up to the mountain." The little boy thought about it and finally picked up that rattlesnake and took it close to his chest and carried it up to the top of the mountain.

They sat there and watched the sunset together. It was so beautiful. Then after sunset the rattlesnake turned to the little boy and asked, "Can I go home now? I am tired, and I am old." The little boy picked up the rattlesnake and again took it to his chest and held it tightly and safely. He came all the way down the mountain holding the snake carefully and took it to his home to give him some food and a place to sleep. The next day the rattlesnake turned to the boy and asked, "Please little boy, will you take me back to my home now? It is time for me to leave this world, and I would like to be at my home now." The little boy felt he had been safe all this time and the snake had kept his word, so he would take it home as asked. He carefully picked up the snake, took it close to his chest, and carried him back to the woods, to his home to die. Just before he laid the rattlesnake down, the rattlesnake turned and bit him in the chest. The little boy cried out and threw the snake upon the ground. "Mr. Snake, why did you do that? Now I will surely die!" The rattlesnake looked up at him and grinned, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."
Old 01-29-2007 | 07:24 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

I hear ya, how does Cali. get into the Mid-A everytime we want to have a convo here. I for one do not look at the california regional forum and go in there to post nonsense. The state you live in is CA, not "riverside" so your home state does make the news!! And if CA has the "largest population" and "all these states could fit in it" blahh blahhh blahhhh then why dosen't the good in the state overcome the evils? please explain to me exactly what is going on out there that this big bad state can't straighten up a few towns...

We dont go to your house and **** on your rug, don't come to our home and **** on our rugs!!!

Quick Reply: Why I disappear from this forum for months at a time...