Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

stealerships probs..advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007 | 08:55 AM
mondi

Default stealerships probs..advice

dealership saying my warranty is voided cuz i put window tint on because of the new thickness it's causing it to grease..LOL

then he said it was 100 dollars just to open the panel to see what the problem was.

anything i can do, cuz i made an appointment on friday and i know for a fact i am NOT paying 100 dollars and i know that my warranty is not voided cuz of dam window tint...

thx
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:56 AM
cessna

errr... wasent there a thread about this yesterday?.....

Edit: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....indow+warrenty The Op in that one seems familiar..... hummm
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:56 AM
JasiJ

what is the actual issue that you are having? I am sure it has to do with the window, but.....

EDIT: never mind I found it
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=warranty
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:57 AM
mid-a-mamma

Im pretty sure its the window grease streak problem correct?

EDIT: Just saw that thread too
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:58 AM
mondi

kinda of mentioned it in first post

the common greasing on the windows due to the window motor
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:58 AM
mondi

yea but i believe it be better if i mention it in my area..people may have had same problems
Old 06-26-2007 | 09:20 AM
JasiJ

yeah sorry read it too fast

According to the Nissan site http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/faqs/warranty.html

1) Who will determine if the repair on my vehicle is covered?
Take your vehicle to the nearest Nissan dealer. Once they have diagnosed the problem, you will be advised whether the repair is covered.

2) Can I modify my vehicle or add accessories not authorized by Nissan?
Your Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover repairs for damage or conditions which are determined to be due to the installation or use of non-Genuine Nissan Accessories available at the time you order or purchase your new Nissan, as well as after purchase from your Nissan dealer.

I would say, first have the service manager put in writing that he diagnosed the car and it is the tint causing the issue. Then take it to another dealer and get a second write up on it. if the other dealer fixes the issue, make sure that they put it in writing exactly what the issue was and what it was caused by. The report the first dealership! I know it sounds harsh but I had to do this with my brakes on my G35. I was told that my pads were wearing down faster because I painted the Calipers. I took it to another dealership and they told me there had been a recall and an extended replacement from Infinity for the 03 G35 were there was an issue with the brakes wearing down quickly and infinity would pay for 3 pad changes. So I reported the first dealer.

Personally I don't see HOW tint can make a window grease up, and like someone else had posted, if that is the case, why do dealerships and/or factories put tint on their cars?

Let us know how it goes.
J

Last edited by JasiJ; 06-26-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-26-2007 | 09:42 AM
4SHIZZIL

Whatever happend with all them dang tickets? I see that you are alive at least.
Old 06-26-2007 | 09:51 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Whatever happend with all them dang tickets? I see that you are alive at least.
After doing his jail time in FFX CO, maybe it's a "sore" subject.
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:10 AM
4SHIZZIL

Lmfao!
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:34 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

Lmao!
Old 06-26-2007 | 10:04 PM
mondi

still haven't gone to court yet for any

my virginia ticket got postponed to august 16..and this commonwealth attorney s**T said i could very well go to jail..lol :-(

my maryland..107 on a 55mph..i needed it postponed..my lawyer told me not to show up and they will send me a letter that i have failed to appear in court and that i wud get a letter saying i have until this day to pay it..so i still havent got the letter and it's been more than a month and still no letter..but if i do i go prepay the fine and ask for a new court day...that way they know i will show up..

and my latest ticket happened 2 months ago... 52 on a 30 but got lowered to 39 on a 30..so im not worried...

in the long run..im gettin insurance raped :-) just not yet :-)
Old 06-27-2007 | 03:17 AM
shocka04

damn, you got a ticket for 107 in a 55 and your still speeding, i think i would of stopped after that one

i prob would have slowed down after the virginia one but i dont know what that one is for, im assuming speeding
Old 06-27-2007 | 05:44 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by mondi
still haven't gone to court yet for any

my virginia ticket got postponed to august 16..and this commonwealth attorney s**T said i could very well go to jail..lol :-(

my maryland..107 on a 55mph..i needed it postponed..my lawyer told me not to show up and they will send me a letter that i have failed to appear in court and that i wud get a letter saying i have until this day to pay it..so i still havent got the letter and it's been more than a month and still no letter..but if i do i go prepay the fine and ask for a new court day...that way they know i will show up..

and my latest ticket happened 2 months ago... 52 on a 30 but got lowered to 39 on a 30..so im not worried...

in the long run..im gettin insurance raped :-) just not yet :-)
Your lawyer told you not to show up???? You'll be tried in absentia and found guilty.

So let me get this straight you get a 107 in a 55 in Maryland, 100 in a 65 in Virginia, and now a 52 in a 30. All in the span of less than a year? And you still haven't gone to court for any of them? Be prepared for Jail time.
Old 06-27-2007 | 05:57 AM
Driven1
Professional

You need a new lawyer if he told you not to show up. Failure to appear= warrant for your arrest.

And for goodness sakes man, SLOW down a little bit. Well actually alot.
Old 06-27-2007 | 06:01 AM
SirSpeedyZ

hope you can take it to another dealer who will treat you better, good luck, i'm sure the tint has nothing to do with the streaking.
Old 06-27-2007 | 07:04 AM
Gooey

I wouldnt be worried about the grease streak. Just sell your car and run to mexico
Old 06-27-2007 | 07:12 AM
mondi

nah..i think he know what he's doing

but we will see once it's all over

i have slowed down..but the 52 on a 30 was going down a hill and i didnt know i was aceralting...it was a BS ticket...i think thats why he put 39 on a 30

and the ticket in VA i was following 2 friends the whole way...and i was tryin to keep up with the fools.....and anyways.... we were three cars..cop pulled us all over...i was in the back....the guy in the front got wreckless...my friend who was in the middle got improper driving cause she was following..who knows what i get...i was following both
Old 06-27-2007 | 07:12 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by Gooey
I wouldnt be worried about the grease streak. Just sell your car and run to mexico

Quick Reply: stealerships probs..advice