Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

AAM Visit overview

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:19 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
contact dave man...
Only issue is I am already obligated for other purchases and this matter will need to be put on the back burner for now. Car won't be driven so that helps, but after I get my other parts put in I can go ahead and get this fixed once and for all.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:20 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
I respect what you're saying but once again I explained all this in my thread because I was giving an extensive post on my visit. And my next thread about the remedy (I hope) to my problem will give me more water in my glass to speak with like I said earlier.
Fair enough . For your sake, just don't become the Mid-A Guinea pig

Multiple diagnosis is always a plus.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:22 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Fair enough . For your sake, just don't become the Mid-A Guinea pig :icon1:

Multiple diagnosis is always a plus.
Will do lol can't wait to get this fixed and focus on my show aspects of the car.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:22 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Giving your honest opinion is one thing. Stating that AAM "has definitely turned things around" might be an overstatement. Especially since this is "minor" work we're talking about here that didn't involve a lot of money.
You are totally right. I just got a little ticked when OP was asked to provide proof of authority as if only reputable forum members can raise their voices.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:30 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by bb1314
You are totally right. I just got a little ticked when OP was asked to provide proof of authority as if only reputable forum members can raise their voices.
Agreed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of any shop and shouldn't have to supply a huge list of installs to back up their experience.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:38 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I agree.
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:44 PM
abui01

4 pages in 4 hours! You guys are awesome! Everytime an AAM thread pops up, there's always some controversy. I've been in the modding scene for almost 10 years and just giving you a lil' heads up: Even though you may detect a bad tune/install/whatever, you should always let your previous tuner/installer know what's up. 9/10 times they will fix it free of charge; we're all humans and we all make mistakes.. if not, weather always changes and knowing the crap azz UTEC, you'd need a retune for each season of the year! Fun! Stand-Alone FTW!

I agree, getting more than one perspective on a situation is always better, but please make sure to let both party's know what's going on as well! Most of the time, it's always a misunderstanding. No point in holding grudges against shops for bad tunes, there's always an explanation for everything.

In regards to AAM's PR, I believe they are taking steps toward better customer relations, but I can see where Motormouth is coming from. One or Two installs is not enough to give an accurate account to be able to say "the shop has turned around." Only time + more testimonials can justify that assumption. However, everyone is also entitled to their own opinion, so if the OP thinks they have, then they have turned around in his eyes and hopefully will give him the 100% customer satisfaction that he deserves!
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:14 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Jesus I went to bed when there were 3 posts haha....

I was in the same boat as Lancer. I went to AAM for my exhaust. I won't say that they turned around, because I never was a customer before, but I did say that for a first time customer I was treated great, and even with their rep out there, if I need something, I wouldn't rule them out...

Time for work
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:47 AM
TENGAI

OP - go back to F:T and talk to Dave. Before I'd put all my eggs in a third party's basket, I'd at least give the original tuner a chance to see what was going on.

Also, I'm REALLY confused about something. Where in you unbiased visit did you end up with your car on the dyno with Mike data logging??? Sorry, but I'm lost. You went in for an exhaust, and ended up on the dyno? There was NO mention of audible knock from your car before. And now you've got claims of a craptastic tune because a third party tuner hooked into your UTEC and logged data. Are you really sure this is all as unbiased as you make it out to be???

I personally don't care about what shop(s) your talking about. AAM, F:T, AMS, etc. etc. etc. But your posts sound like they were directed. I understand your saying that they weren't influenced, but everything between the lines screams otherwise.

Just my humble opinion for what it's worth... (i.e. NOTHING )

I'm glad you had a good experience at AAM, and I'm glad that your happy with them, but I STRONGLY advise you to take the car back to F:T for a spot check.
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:56 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

I believe they simply logged some runs on the street, as the OP stated.
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:57 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Yeah and i cans ee where everyone is coming from thinking this was asked of me, but I just see these threads crash and burn on a daily basis and I wanted to post my own personal experience and how I felt. Also, my car ended up on dyno after Mike asked me if I would like to. At first I said no but Dave's dyno made me so mad when I got it haha and I wanted to see what I had in the colder weather. I doubt weather change could put me knocking like crazy, maybe a little I guess but not where I am now. And my only setback is F:T is 2 hours from my location and I have little to no time to have anything done. If I did, my car would be at altered getting re-tune for the simple fact of me needing to get the knock out not because of not trusting Dave. If Dave was more local to me, my car would have went straight there yesterday after what Mike said and showed me without a doubt. And I do agree with everyone saying get Dave to look at it and see whats up. Just hard right now being full-time college student, working two jobs and having to spend time with g/f, family, etc. On top of that getting car ready for shows. The future will only tell what lays ahead for me and my car. My next thread, whenever that is will have the remedy like I was saying so for the people saying I don't have enough credibility right now to talk, hopefully that will help.
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

So what did your car dyno at AAM?
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:07 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

356whp, and like I was saying Mike has had many supercharged g/z's on their dyno with similar mod's as mine and put down a minimum of 380 and with test pipes I should be touching 400.
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:13 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I agree.
Don't even say you agree, you made this thread extremely long for the simple fact of NOT agreeing to this. All you kept saying was "what authority" do I have to say anything. just jump off the nearest cliff and get it over with thank you
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:24 AM
TENGAI

This still doesn't sound right to me. Why would Mike ask you to put your car on the dyno? Why would he want to data log it? Sounds like he was either fishing for another shops tune, or he was trying to find a way to generate business from you and discredit F:T. IF this was the case, then it's a sad day... BUT, I've been wrong about a lot of things in my life so I don't profess to know the whole story.

Sorry, but I'm still under the impression that this move, even if not directed to be broadcast on the boards, was fishy at best. Positive press for AAM needs to be at their own expense, and not at the expense of another thriving shop in the area.

F:T didn't build it's rep on AAM short comings, and AAM shouldn't be looking to build theirs off of F:T's either. Any thread / post that directs one shop at another is in my opinion tacky and without merit.

OP - for the love of God man, take it to F:T and have Dave look at it. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to discuss the findings openly. And FWIW - if you started at AAM with F:T telling you the same thing, I'd be telling you to take it back to AAM and have Mike look at it. It's only fair in the grand scheme of things....
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

I agree with Tengai. My car has trouble putting down 390whp with UTEC, RFS, ignition, etc after MANY hours of tuning, and that was with 9-10psi on a TN kit. I dont think 400whp at your boost level is the norm. Id love to see a printout of your dyno, with A/F...
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:48 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Tengai, my thread was is NO way directed towards F:T trust me. It was simply expressing everything that was my day. Also I can understand how this may seem fishy and out of order but I can not say enough how this was purely out of my gesture and my contribution to the Mid-A thread and as a consumer I would like to hear opinions from every aspect now just sit on the reputation people have. I trust until i get screwed over, then I screw you back over type mentality. Everyone deserves a chance but once again this is not saying anything about who and where my car may go. I hope you can understand I am furious with what I am having right now and would only like to get the matter resolved to move on with my goals for my car.

Alberto: I will break 400whp by next tune just need my other parts before I even figure out what I am going to do about this. I am not going for a powerhouse build right now just show car for a while.
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:50 AM
Gooey

Hope youll have the money to buy one of AAM's built motor....Looks like thats what theyre tryin to push for
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:52 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

And for why he wanted to dyno and log the car is beyond me. I was personally interested to see what my car did in the cold weather as my car was dyno'd and tuned in extreme hot weather and my s/c drives like hell during those temperatures. Whatever the reason, I am glad he did and was able to point out my Knock issue along with running so rich to the point it was OFF the chart. This thread does not have much more room for debate as everything has been laid out and I will see what I can do for getting the exact figures for you Bert.
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:55 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by Gooey
Hope youll have the money to buy one of AAM's built motor....Looks like thats what theyre tryin to push for
How do you figure, if you read throughout this thread you can see I am not going for crazy power. I am just trying to save my Brand new car and engine from going. Last thing I need with my plans coming up. If anything Mike is just trying to save my car not blow it up

Quick Reply: AAM Visit overview