Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

AAM Visit overview

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007 | 08:49 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by TENGAI
OP - you didn't mention the fact that you wanted to upgrade the pulley and add meth... With that in mind, it does make sense that Mike would inquire about the current tune.
Sorry Tengai for neglecting to mention this. Hope this helps peolpe who had an idea of the whole UTEC check being shady.
Mike- Thank you for explaining everything for people to further understand. 400+whp here I come
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:59 AM
abui01

400+ WHP FTW!!! Hope the new tune works out great! Can't wait to see her w/ the unleashed powwwaaa
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:01 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by abui01
400+ WHP FTW!!! Hope the new tune works out great! Can't wait to see her w/ the unleashed powwwaaa
lol same here might have to see what I can do against the fridge
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:03 AM
TENGAI

Lancers7705 - no biggie, but I'd still recommend you take it back to Dave. I'd say something is up with the tune from the looks of the dyno sheet, but I'd also say that there is NO WAY Dave let your car roll out of the shop with an A/F curve looking like that... Again, take it back to the original shop before you pass judgement. Also, if you want to go with AAM at this point, fine. But don't pop up later with grief towards F:T. In all honesty and fairness, that's not how to play things out in your favor...

Just my
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:08 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Lancers7705 - no biggie, but I'd still recommend you take it back to Dave. I'd say something is up with the tune from the looks of the dyno sheet, but I'd also say that there is NO WAY Dave let your car roll out of the shop with an A/F curve looking like that... Again, take it back to the original shop before you pass judgement. Also, if you want to go with AAM at this point, fine. But don't pop up later with grief towards F:T. In all honesty and fairness, that's not how to play things out in your favor...

Just my
Agreed, but I am not a person to come back later and knock on function. I was not someone banging up on altered either but like I have been saying my funds have already been obligated to as my car is going to be mainly for show hence the s/c for reliability and show factor. Either way I appreciate everyone's input and hope this thread helps anyone that is in the market for Forced Induction.
My next thread will be a much better place to answer any questions that are cloudy in anyones mind.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
Agreed, but I am not a person to come back later and knock on function. I was not someone banging up on altered either but like I have been saying my funds have already been obligated to as my car is going to be mainly for show hence the s/c for reliability and show factor. Either way I appreciate everyone's input and hope this thread helps anyone that is in the market for Forced Induction.
My next thread will be a much better place to answer any questions that are cloudy in anyones mind.
Can't wait for the next thread! I just love drama in general!

I'm so glad that I got the older model. Sounds like the HR motor is more trouble than anything.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:16 AM
abui01

Just throwing this out there, but do you want that oil cooler I was telling you about? I'm ordering my custom fridge-sized one within a week!

At the end of the day, who cares guys! We all like to jump down AAM's throats, but he's giving his honest input on AAM whether it be good/bad, 1st experience at the shop or his 30th experience there... doesn't matter. If he walks out a happy man, hey... I'm all for it! No need to create drama amongst us Mid-A'ers, we're all here to have fun.

Last edited by abui01; 11-21-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:19 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by bb1314
I'm so glad that I got the older model. Sounds like the HR motor is more trouble than anything.
Not the HR, the RevUp (298hp MT engine)... Big pain in the @ss for some.
Old 11-21-2007 | 09:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

LOL @ OP forgetting to post he had asked for a quote on more tuning-that changes everything. That wideband looks like its not calibrated, Tengai brings up a good point in that the curve looks great for the NASTY A/F...talking from personal experience here but when my car was there (long ago)the WB was way off, when my friends dyno'd there it was off, seems like its never calibrated, although Ive been told it is/was. Of course the UTEC log could prove this "theory" right or wrong. Regardless seems as if the OP has made up his mind as to what he is doing and where. Good luck
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:35 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL @ OP forgetting to post he had asked for a quote on more tuning-that changes everything. That wideband looks like its not calibrated...
Alberto - I see your point. The wideband on the dyno is calibrated, matched the three widbands on the vehicles tuned this week to the tee.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 11-21-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:29 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

I second that. The wideband is definitely on point.
If anyone wants specifics, feel free to pm me or Mike.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:33 AM
Driven1
Professional

I would still like to see a clearer graph of the dyno chart and the log from the pull where the knock was so evident. Im sure those would be really easy for you guys to post Mike and Clint.
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:25 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Bryce i know from talking to you that you didnt feel that the power was right but you should still talk to dave and let him know of the problem(if any).I do not think that it is justifiable at all to post a thread like this without first consulting the original tuner.
To me personally if you brought your car into my shop to have me do a repair and it was not resolved to your approval and then you went to another shop and they said......well it still needs this or that,i would be insulted that you did not bring it back to me first.In that respect i would go and tell you to go stick it up your *** respectfully......as you never gave me the chance to relook it over.
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:45 PM
abui01

I sense a storm brewing... =X
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:43 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Hey man I completely understand your point of view. This thread was not to bash anyone or any work. The power loss is the least of my concern right now, the excessive KNOCK blows my f'in mind. Whatever I end up doing is not to be an insult to anyone. Dave is a great guy and knows his stuff, Mike went to another extreme with his customer service which is what won me over. I have big plans for this car mainly show but obviously some go to accompany it. I am going to stop here and if anyone is still interested, keep subscribed for my next issue of Mid-A tuning
Old 11-21-2007 | 04:54 PM
Driven1
Professional

Hey man I completely understand your point of view. This thread was not to bash anyone or any work. The power loss is the least of my concern right now, the excessive KNOCK blows my f'in mind. Whatever I end up doing is not to be an insult to anyone. Dave is a great guy and knows his stuff, Mike went to another extreme with his customer service which is what won me over. I have big plans for this car mainly show but obviously some go to accompany it. I am going to stop here and if anyone is still interested, keep subscribed for my next issue of Mid-A tuning

Im just not seeing the "next level of customer service"? Can you elaborate on why it was so great? Sorry if I missed it in a previous post but all I see is sales and apparant diagnosis going on.

Last edited by Driven1; 11-21-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 05:02 PM
shocka04

maybe he took him to dinner and movie

j/k
Old 11-21-2007 | 05:13 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

He went beyond the call of duty by checking my UTEC to see what re-tune would be like for upgraded pulley. Not only did he do that, but noticed the knock and took the time out of his day to drive around with me and allow me to listen to the knock. For me to actually hear the knock through the headphones. It made the customer service amazing because anyone can tell me and show me through a graph KNOCK but the drive and hearing it while the car was in action. Anyways this will most likely be my last post on this thread. And sorry if I offend anyone by whatever choice I make but I am not hardcore performance like many of you and that is why I went with the supercharger. Either way I hope this doesn't make anyone mad but I am in need of getting my car running without KNOCK so I am able to make it up and down the east coast this year.
Old 11-21-2007 | 05:24 PM
Driven1
Professional

He went beyond the call of duty by checking my UTEC to see what re-tune would be like for upgraded pulley. Not only did he do that, but noticed the knock and took the time out of his day to drive around with me and allow me to listen to the knock. For me to actually hear the knock through the headphones. It made the customer service amazing because anyone can tell me and show me through a graph KNOCK but the drive and hearing it while the car was in action. Anyways this will most likely be my last post on this thread. And sorry if I offend anyone by whatever choice I make but I am not hardcore performance like many of you and that is why I went with the supercharger. Either way I hope this doesn't make anyone mad but I am in need of getting my car running without KNOCK so I am able to make it up and down the east coast this year.

As long as you understand that "hearing" knock while driving down the road and having someone explain it too you is not the most precise method and you're comfortable with that, good luck with your ventures. Im sure Ill be seeing you at a show or two next season, just not HIN.

Last edited by Driven1; 11-21-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 05:25 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by shocka04
maybe he took him to dinner and movie

j/k
No haha, but AAM showed great interest in my vehicle and my business with great follow up and always in contact. If someone is thinking of saying a smartass comment like "of course they are, b/c they don't have customers" shove it up your a$$ I saw many Z/G's in the shop while I was there getting big jobs done. But they have the staff to handle the high workload and be able to show me the time of day and genuine interest for my vehicle.

Quick Reply: AAM Visit overview