Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I've put a little over 900 miles on this new engine... Checked the oil, and it looks worse than before!! it's about 2/3 below the H mark on the dipstick. WTF!? I'm calling the BBB back.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 AM
MasterRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmroberson
Ok, so I've put a little over 900 miles on this new engine... Checked the oil, and it looks worse than before!! it's about 2/3 below the H mark on the dipstick. WTF!? I'm calling the BBB back.

Wow, seems like these motors are pure crap ola !!!!!

You can see why I just opted to get rid of the POS, not worth the
time and money. I am happy put putting around town with my lil 4 cylinder.
I really hope you get some peace of mind here rather then more grey hairs, have you considered getting a more reliable car?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Wow, seems like these motors are pure crap ola !!!!!

You can see why I just opted to get rid of the POS, not worth the
time and money. I am happy put putting around town with my lil 4 cylinder.
I really hope you get some peace of mind here rather then more grey hairs, have you considered getting a more reliable car?
Well, I'm gonna complain to the BBB again, since they said I had a 60-day test drive, and was supposed to let them know if I have any problems. They're supposed to deal with NNA again, for me.

Yes, I'm really considering getting rid of the car, for a Sentra, or something like that, again. I love my Z, it's what I've always wanted, but I hate my Z, because of all the trouble I'm having to go through.

This blows!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
MasterRacer

Well, I'm gonna complain to the BBB again, since they said I had a 60-day test drive, and was supposed to let them know if I have any problems. They're supposed to deal with NNA again, for me.

Yes, I'm really considering getting rid of the car, for a Sentra, or something like that, again. I love my Z, it's what I've always wanted, but I hate my Z, because of all the trouble I'm having to go through.

This blows!!

I coudln't agree more, lol my car is built on the same platform as the Sentra.
It handles fine, pretty nimble actually which surprised me But I don't really miss the Z and or the headaches it caused. I gravy with the gas mileage as well. I don't believe the BBB will give you many options, they can only do so much. Prey it doesn't go to arbitration as you may require a lawyer which can cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GL though man I feel your pain!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
spitfire9200

damn that's crazy... sorry man, hope your stuff gets resolved! keep us posted.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
I coudln't agree more, lol my car is built on the same platform as the Sentra.
It handles fine, pretty nimble actually which surprised me But I don't really miss the Z and or the headaches it caused. I gravy with the gas mileage as well. I don't believe the BBB will give you many options, they can only do so much. Prey it doesn't go to arbitration as you may require a lawyer which can cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GL though man I feel your pain!
Yeah, they mentioned arbitration. They said they're gonna try to get NNA to buy the Z back, if not, then off to arbitration it goes... From what I've been reading, in the booklet they gave me, that's a long rough road to travel. Maybe I'll ask for a GT-R, if it goes to arbitration... lol. Worst they can do is say no, right?

Originally Posted by spitfire9200
damn that's crazy... sorry man, hope your stuff gets resolved! keep us posted.
Thanks, I'll keep you guys posted...

Last edited by dmroberson; 04-28-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:50 PM
dmroberson

I contacted a Lemon Law attorney yesterday. Spoke with one of the paralegals again this afternoon, who thinks I have a strong case. I have a consultation with the attorney himself on Tuesday...
Old 05-03-2008, 09:29 AM
MasterRacer

Damn, arbitration! I read the info in the book regarding that, I honestly didn't want to go down that long road. I dont have craploads of money to pay lawyers and also dont have weeks of free time to take off of work to get this done. I took the shortcut out , cost me money but o well.

GL man, let me know what happens.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
dmroberson

Missed a call from the BBB today. NNA wants me to do an oil consumption test on this new engine, and test drive it a little longer.

This comes after I told the BBB that I was still losing oil, after the replacement. I'll call them back later.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM
MasterRacer

Missed a call from the BBB today. NNA wants me to do an oil consumption test on this new engine, and test drive it a little longer.

This comes after I told the BBB that I was still losing oil, after the replacement. I'll call them back later.

soooooo what was the outcome? You definately are taking it further then I bothered
Old 05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
dmroberson

Well, I'm gonna go and get the oil consumption test started again tomorrow... can't really afford to get rid of the Z right now, so we'll see what happens after the test is done.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
ladyzed

What if my 2004.5 (under warranty still) consumes oil too ? I know the TSB doesn't apply, but would Nissan still replace/fix my engine?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by ladyzed
What if my 2004.5 (under warranty still) consumes oil too ? I know the TSB doesn't apply, but would Nissan still replace/fix my engine?
Nissan would still have to take some form of corrective action, if they determine that there is a legitimate issue.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
dmroberson

UPDATE

So, I've got about 3500 or so on the new block, and went in, for the first reading, in the oil consumption test. Service manager said that the oil level was still at the H mark. Just slightly below it... And nowhere near as low as before... I'll wait and see the documentation, when I get the car back, as I dropped it off this morning.

Last edited by dmroberson; 05-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:24 PM
ladyzed

Nissan would still have to take some form of corrective action, if they determine that there is a legitimate issue.
They are, but what doesn't make sense is that the DEALERSHIP has to do the servicing before they do an OCT. Why should I now fork out whatever the sh*t they charge for an oil change now?

I use Mr.Lube, and they are WARRANTY approved. WTF
Old 05-23-2008, 09:39 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by ladyzed
They are, but what doesn't make sense is that the DEALERSHIP has to do the servicing before they do an OCT. Why should I now fork out whatever the sh*t they charge for an oil change now?

I use Mr.Lube, and they are WARRANTY approved. WTF
Basically, they charge you for the oil change, so that they can guarantee that there are 5 quarts of oil at the start of the test. The TSB bulletin says that they must track mileage from the most recent oil change done at a Nissan dealership.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:50 AM
ladyzed

Basically, they charge you for the oil change, so that they can guarantee that there are 5 quarts of oil at the start of the test. The TSB bulletin says that they must track mileage from the most recent oil change done at a Nissan dealership.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks man.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM
dmroberson

Update

Went in and had the oil level checked again, 2nd 1000 miles in the Oil Consumption test. Service manager said I'm 2mm below the H mark. Said that was where I was at last time I was there.

Still seems to lose more oil than I'd like, but we'll see what happens. He wants me to come back in another 1000.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 PM
dkorr

do I need to get my oil consumption test before I reach the 3yr/36,000mi mark? I have reason to believe I have oil consumption. I'm at 34,000mi.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:19 AM
MasterRacer

Update

Went in and had the oil level checked again, 2nd 1000 miles in the Oil Consumption test. Service manager said I'm 2mm below the H mark. Said that was where I was at last time I was there.

Still seems to lose more oil than I'd like, but we'll see what happens. He wants me to come back in another 1000.

I hope your checking the oil level yourself, after 500 miles of driving if not less my old Z went from H to L. Pretty insane, looks like your problem is solved for now. It's good to hear some of these engines are working, too bad it wasn't the case for me.

Quick Reply: Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.