Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
I hope your checking the oil level yourself, after 500 miles of driving if not less my old Z went from H to L. Pretty insane, looks like your problem is solved for now. It's good to hear some of these engines are working, too bad it wasn't the case for me.
Yeah, I'm still checking it myself. 2mm is what I measured too. Trust me, I'm keeping a VERY close eye on it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
dmroberson

Well, my arbitration hearing is on September 4, in Conway, SC. Wonder what's gonna happen now? Nissan's position will be denial of any malfunction... My position will be vehicle replacement, or loan payoff...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
spitfire9200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmroberson
Well, my arbitration hearing is on September 4, in Conway, SC. Wonder what's gonna happen now? Nissan's position will be denial of any malfunction... My position will be vehicle replacement, or loan payoff...

o wow dude. Def. let us know what happens
Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
dmroberson

Ok, guys... the big day is tomorrow... Gotta be in Conway, SC at 11am. Will let you guys know what happens...
Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 PM
spitfire9200

im very curious to see what happened
Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM
dmroberson

Ok, so I'm probably gonna get ragged on for this, but I took the settlement...

NNA is gonna give me $500 for the inconvenience of having to drive to SC for the hearing... And they're gonna schedule for me to get back into the shop, for another consumption test, to verify my losses, one more time. If they conclude that the losses are still excessive, and the representative I spoke with still doesn't like how things are sounding. If they find that the losses are still too high, then I'm gonna get another engine... They said that they were gonna work the issue til it's resolved.

That's fine by me, as long as it's fixed... I'm willing to go the distance, as long as they are...
Old 09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
dmroberson

... And now, an oil consumption test... again... This time, they actually zip-tied my dipstick in place, and also marked my oil drain plug... No biggie... Will just prove to them that I'm not lieing, about something being wrong with my car...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 AM
spitfire9200

Originally Posted by dmroberson
... And now, an oil consumption test... again... This time, they actually zip-tied my dipstick in place, and also marked my oil drain plug... No biggie... Will just prove to them that I'm not lieing, about something being wrong with my car...

well as long as it's getting resolved. Good luck
Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
dmroberson

Ok, so the guy from NNA met with me today. After driving about 3200 miles, I lost approx. 2.5 quarts. Better than before, but I'm still not satisfied.

He wants to either (a) put a 3rd engine block in, drive another 10K miles, and do another oil consumption test. (b) extend my warranty to 80K miles.

I'm looking at (c) asking NNA for trade assistance, to see if I can get out of the Z. I'm getting kinda tired of dealing with it now. If I choose (a) this issue is gonna get dragged out again, for another YEAR! (b)... What's that gonna do? (c) possibly get into a new car.

Still deciding what route I want to take.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
dmroberson

Oh, and his reason for putting in another v2 block... Maybe a v1 got tagged as a v2 by accident and was installed in my car...
Old 10-24-2008, 01:09 PM
MasterRacer

Wow dude I can't believe they are still dragging this out. I am glad at least they are looking into it but extending your warranty isn't going to fix the problem. They are more or less admitting that the car is faulty but won't fix it accordingly or help you get into another car, I know its a pain in the ***** I delt with it for well over a year and glad I just got rid of my POS. I really hope they dont screw you over.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Wow dude I can't believe they are still dragging this out. I am glad at least they are looking into it but extending your warranty isn't going to fix the problem. They are more or less admitting that the car is faulty but won't fix it accordingly or help you get into another car, I know its a pain in the ***** I delt with it for well over a year and glad I just got rid of my POS. I really hope they dont screw you over.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see if Consumer Affairs offers me some type of trade assistance, because of the NIGHTMARE this has been. If not, then I'll see if Nissan will do something else, for my troubles... I'm really sick of this, and don't want to drag this out for another year.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
dmroberson

No-go on the trade assistance... Nissan will only offer to replace the block again, since they think they put in the wrong one. They said I can choose to trade out, if I wanted to, but they aren't obligated to do anything for me.

This is because the agreement I made at the BBB hearing does not require vehicle replacement....
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
dmroberson

Ok, so new block is in. Just got the Z back today. Got about 10K miles to put on, then back for more testing... Great, another year of dealing with this shi*! wohoo!!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
SS728

Oh boy. I would just at this point get rid of the Z. I could not hold all of this up and keep trying to go with it.

I went into Nissan this past wednesday for my 22k checkup.
The service guy ran a recall test thing for "airbags" and I got to see when my Z was built.
He told me the earlier Z's are the ones with oil problems, but mine was built in February of 2006.
So I have a 2006.5 like you do dmroberson, so he was lying (as they all do).
But I have not had any problems with oil consumption yet.
How many miles did you have when the problem started to happen?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:56 PM
dmroberson

Could have been doing it all along, but I didn't notice it til I started changing the oil myself, at around 20K miles.

IIRC, I think my Z was built sometime in late 06... I'll have to check on that.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
MasterRacer

Damn still have the Z ?? Can't blame you, it's hard to let go but enough is enough lol. I have a 2008 Altima which to an extent is almost same engine and has no issue with oil comsuption. I find it very hard to believe that there is nothing they can do to replace the car, Lemon Law states that they have 3 valid attempts to fix the problem before its deemed a lemon, I am sure you have checked the Lemon Law in your state??? You could always accidentally park it at top of a hill with no E brake
Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
dmroberson

Yeah, it's hard to let go. Might spring for the 370Z though... I've checked into the Lemon Law in NC. Unfortunately, Nissan has only made 2 repair attempts... And North Carolina says to qualify under the NC Lemon Law, I have to report the problem within the first 24K miles... I reported the first claim around 30K...

Ok, first oil change done, on the 2nd replacement block. I've drained out exactly 4 qts of oil... after about 2K miles. Just finished Break-in, so I got more driving to do, but I'm gonna document every oil change til I go back to Nissan...
Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 PM
MasterRacer

GL buddy I would wait on the 370z, Thus far every Z model year has had issue from 04 to 07s lol not a good record. Wait and see if this one doesn't have issue such as oil burning etc. They have redone most if not of all the car, marvelous engineering but thus far I am not 100% satisfied it would be flaw free.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:33 AM
dmroberson

Ok, so the 3rd engine is in. The mileage is done, so it's time to start the oil consumption tests AGAIN... We'll see what happens this time around...

Quick Reply: Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.