Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

NISSAN in the end is FTW..but last summer they sucked dried ***** with hot sauce. I almost lost my new engine because I had new bolts on my y pipe..because they were new. Infiniti didnt want to touch my car. I had to write a 3 page letter about my F15 building skills, my Texas Instraments Robotic skills and history of cars just to get the sorry bastages to give me a new motor under warrantee. Now I need to go and ask for an extended 100K mile warrantee!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G/L Corey.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
NISSAN in the end is FTW..but last summer they sucked dried ***** with hot sauce. I almost lost my new engine because I had new bolts on my y pipe..because they were new. Infiniti didnt want to touch my car. I had to write a 3 page letter about my F15 building skills, my Texas Instraments Robotic skills and history of cars just to get the sorry bastages to give me a new motor under warrantee. Now I need to go and ask for an extended 100K mile warrantee!!!

Lol

I wrote them a letter, it wasn't about F15 building skills, more along the lines
of me taking a poop in front of every Nissan Dealer in NOVA due to the crappy service we recieve when a person with valid concern shows up. I was honestly surprised that they released a TSB. I hope I get a call from Victory Nissan today, if anything once they start the consumption test again they will see it starting to gradually chew up oil so Iam sure I will get a new motor in the end.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:16 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Lol

I wrote them a letter, it wasn't about F15 building skills, more along the lines
of me taking a poop in front of every Nissan Dealer in NOVA due to the crappy service we recieve when a person with valid concern shows up. I was honestly surprised that they released a TSB. I hope I get a call from Victory Nissan today, if anything once they start the consumption test again they will see it starting to gradually chew up oil so Iam sure I will get a new motor in the end.

To ALL

make sure you read the Oil Consumption thread and write down the part numbers that appear to be the fix. There are still a mixed batch of engine numbers that have proven not to work. I belive the part number starts with a 1 its good , all others are bad...?!

Just a though...
Original equipment engine (V1) Part # 10102-AC7MA
Hand built Japan engine (V2) Part # 10102-AC7MZ

10102AC7MZA...interesting????????

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 12-04-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:23 AM
4SHIZZIL

Smile

Originally Posted by Clipdin
G/L Corey.

Scott-
I have had my new engine since June and have 15900 miles on it already without a drop lost!

lol

Thanks though...I told them I would drive my car through the show room and say that the oil consumption blew up my motor..got on my tires and I couldnt stop....then they changed there attitudes ...lol

j/k
Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
MasterRacer

lol if they find anything I will let you guys know here, but I think more then likely they will want to do the Oil Consumption test as that will show the gradual loss of oil, @ 1000 miles or so its droppd almost 10mm not the 15 they are talking bout but it continues to the point that I HAVE TO ADD oil.
I will let you ladies know what gets replaced etc.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM
FORZWIN

Well, let me ask this...what are my options if I'm loosing almost 2 quarts over 3000 miles? I mean I've obviously got a problem and my warranty is still good until next summer I belive.

Just sucks that there is obviously a consumption issue, only no other 03's seem to report it .
Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by ETTInnov03
Well, let me ask this...what are my options if I'm loosing almost 2 quarts over 3000 miles? I mean I've obviously got a problem and my warranty is still good until next summer I belive.

Just sucks that there is obviously a consumption issue, only no other 03's seem to report it .
My buddy has an 04 and he is taking it to Victory Nissan to have them
check it out, he told them that its consuming oil and that there is a sort
of grinding noise coming from engine and its while idling on a motor with only 22,000 miles. Its weird, I will let you know how that goes since both of you have the same motor.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is def a step in the right direction, good news for Revups. Makes me want to go rag my GF's car to death now!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the service bulletin number?
What is the fix?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
My buddy has an 04 and he is taking it to Victory Nissan to have them
check it out, he told them that its consuming oil and that there is a sort
of grinding noise coming from engine and its while idling on a motor with only 22,000 miles. Its weird, I will let you know how that goes since both of you have the same motor.
That was my next question; Where do I take it? Dominion Nissan in Colonial Heights is a joke in my opinion, I'll never take business there again. I've never had to deal with Pence Nissan in Richmond or Victory Nissan in Glen Allen, I think the original owner purchased the car @ Victory.

I would appreciate any updates on his situation.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by davidv
What is the service bulletin number?
What is the fix?

Was in my original post, or linky was but it's aight........here ya go!

Nissan releases TSB NTB07-088: 2005- 2006 350Z: Engine Oil Level Is Low

Released: 11/27/07

Applied Vehicles: 2006 350Z (Z33) with M/T: 2005 350Z (Z33) Track and 35th Anniversary Edition with M/T

Fix seems to be engine replacement, my car has been at Victory Nissan for well 2 days now. THey stated that they have
26 pages worth of procedures to go over. JOY!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by ETTInnov03
That was my next question; Where do I take it? Dominion Nissan in Colonial Heights is a joke in my opinion, I'll never take business there again. I've never had to deal with Pence Nissan in Richmond or Victory Nissan in Glen Allen, I think the original owner purchased the car @ Victory.

I would appreciate any updates on his situation.

Thus far I have nothing but good things to say about Victory Nissan, they are very "Iam here for you" kinda deal. So based on what I have seen thus far go to VIctory but ehh my .2

Last edited by MasterRacer; 12-06-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

wonder what will happen if I go in with my oil consumption problems, "lets take a look", oh s/c BOOT
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
enuff4life

Wait... can some one explain what is V1 and V2?

and I don't trust dealers.. Even if my car has oil consumption, they will say my car is just fine... Does anyone know approved dealers? I live in MD~
Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by enuff4life

and I don't trust dealers.. Even if my car has oil consumption, they will say my car is just fine... Does anyone know approved dealers? I live in MD~

If they tell you everything is fine, then you need to place your boot squarely in between there @SS. Print out the TSB thats in the link provided and show them that ummmmmm its a known issue and not to BS you! Even if tests don't show an initial problem its still there. The dealer called me yesterday in the AM to let me know that there tests hadn't shown anything outside of norms but they confirmed that there IS a problem with these vehicles. For now they will monitor oil level and at the 1st sign of consumption they will write up and submitt order for new engine to NNA so I am thus far .......HAPPY!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:04 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
wonder what will happen if I go in with my oil consumption problems, "lets take a look", oh s/c BOOT

Put your car back to stock, THEN take it in.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by enuff4life

passport Nissan va
frederick Nissan md
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
MasterRacer

Oooooooooooooooooooook So got my car back from Victory Nissan and
they didn't find anything wrong as far as compression test goes. I did speak with the service manager though and SHE was cool about the whole thing. She stated that she ran into a few Z's back in Chesapeake area that needed new motors.

The final step here is to start another Oil consumption test and come back at 1000 miles, she stated that at sign of consumption they would start process to replace motor, its really what she wants to do anyways so YAY!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:24 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I've just rolled 1000 miles since I changed my oil last week, and I'm 1/2 way between H and L now. So if what I've been reading is correct, I've just lost 1 quart of oil?... Guess I'll be heading to the dealership in the morning...

Quick Reply: Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.