Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

CvD's Vortech Thread ..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 AM
jbudnick504

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow nice job!!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i was hitting 12 to 13psi with my 2.87, you are getting some slip. it might be better that way anyways with a stock block. i managed blow mine up when i had the vortech mostly due to a too aggressively mapped tune.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Originally Posted by Nexx
i was hitting 12 to 13psi with my 2.87, you are getting some slip. it might be better that way anyways with a stock block. i managed blow mine up when i had the vortech mostly due to a too aggressively mapped tune.
Thats tough.. CvD how is the vortech holding up? I'm waiting to get in some new parts from vortech (2.87 pulley and idler pulley) to install. I been focusing on cooling right now. I got a nismo thernostat and some UR lighter pulleys from someone at a nice price and looking at getting this radiatior:

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=2404

Is alittle smaller than the koyo and the price is better. It looks like it could possibly clear the front charge pipe (at least I hope). i was thinking of getting a used oil cooler also. I decided on going with the UR pulleys to make up for the parsitic lost of the vortech kit. I read as many post as I could and I think the pros out weight the cons. I read various forums about people speaking of messing up their engines with UR pulleys though not to many people mentioned if they overreved the engine or anything else that presented engine failure. I believe that these pulleys are like any other mod.. a role of the dice if you arent taking care of your car in the end. Since I seen no reall supported evidence I'm going to put them on and see what happens. I heard the throttle response is better and that what I want.. a better and quicker throttle response. But any ways, I think that would end my cooling mods.. next suspension Hotchkiks here I come.

P.S. Shizzl I listen to you and Karl stop playing.. I'm not a mod junkie anymore... I controled my mod habit to one mod a month [/SIZE]
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Car vs. Driver

I personally wouldn't bother with the pulleys, you already have a lighter flywheel which is what I'd recommend instead.

But, the car is holding up fine. Only put about 2K miles or so on it since it was tuned. Not my DD.

I highly doubt I'm getting belt slip, last logs I pulled showed smooth boost increase with RPM's and no sudden drops or spikes. Like I said, having headers, test pipes and a free flowing exhaust will lower boost on a SC setup but show gains anyway.

I'll pull some logs the next time it's nice outside. Car is down right now with a dead battery
Old 02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Originally Posted by Car vs. Driver
I personally wouldn't bother with the pulleys, you already have a lighter flywheel which is what I'd recommend instead.

But, the car is holding up fine. Only put about 2K miles or so on it since it was tuned. Not my DD.

I highly doubt I'm getting belt slip, last logs I pulled showed smooth boost increase with RPM's and no sudden drops or spikes. Like I said, having headers, test pipes and a free flowing exhaust will lower boost on a SC setup but show gains anyway.

I'll pull some logs the next time it's nice outside. Car is down right now with a dead battery
Yeah the weather has been pretty decent wanted to take the bike out but i have to change out the sprockets and chain. I dont think the pulleys are a bad idea really and plus I got them for a nice price (please believe I wouldn't pay the MSRP for these things). I could only help at the end. When in a race or competition some of the things that change any schematic of the race in the end come down to the smallest details... I believe its a good thing to have though it may not produce tons of HP and TQ the acceleration should change a bit due to the slight weight reduction of the stock pulleys (parasitic loss). If it doesnt, then hey I have a intresting looking engine bay I went with the idler pulley modification just for alil extra insurance. I think if you tighten the belts enough it shouldn't slip but extra insurance and ensuring it is done the right way shouldn't hurt.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 AM
alan86

wow excellent build!