Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Nothing has changed after all (AAM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 AM
sbZenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, let me clarify why I dont care about the tune at this point.

Ive dealt with the choking since last summer. A month isnt going to **** me off that much more. After this summer, my car will be in storage until the next summer. For the time being, i will drive a beater. With the money i save from the insurance and gas costs, I will have enough to fund a TT build by next summer. So, the tune is the least of my worries right now.

And no, im not going back to AAM to get my car fixed. Its already been fixed at least two times.

Originally Posted by Motormouth
what another completely ********e EXCUSE and sidestep of the problem. if that was the case ('just stop by') you should have SAID THAT in your PM conversations with him, or Mike would have said that in person when he talked to him.
Yes! I was never told, until this thread came around, to call, or come by, or schedule an appointment. I even talked to Mike in person. How much more direct can I get?

and yeah, when he 'stops by' or as he says 'drives three hours roundtrip' will he also get the pleasure of paying more money (besides the gas, wear on his car and personal loss of time)? I bet so...
My point exactly. I cant just stop by to a place thats an hour and a half away.

Originally Posted by Driven1
Come on Jeremy....you know this isn't true. He's NA not FI. Don't try and pull the wool over on this one. It's a reflash...not rocket science.

He clearly states the issue he is having in the PM to you. You guys were blowing him off and now that it's blown up you're on damage control.

He doesn't want to make an appointment b/c every time he takes it there it costs him $100+ dollars for some bs charge. Everything he says and the way things have been handled so far sound VERY familiar.
Once again, exactly what I've been trying to say.

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
This is my HONEST OPINION.

AAM is a sponsor in this forums. So all negative comments against them will be erased to save the reputation of such sponsor. Plain and simple.

The best solution is, in fact, to call and schedule an appointment (not PMs). The problem is that he already went back a couple of times. And 90 min drive is no joke when you have to do it several times on a malfunctioning car.

What would have I done?
1st. Talk to the Owner/person in charge at AAM to solve the issue.
2nd. If the issue is not solved again, I would have gone to the Better Business Bureau for them to check into this matter.

Again, this is just my opinion.

IBTL.
I talked to the owner in person. The BBB already has things on file for AAM. And im not going to take it that far. Thats silly.

Originally Posted by rkemp1
I'm sorry to hear this Sinan. I hope Clint can work things out for you to make you a happy customer. Again dont hesitate to let me know if you need anything man.
Thanks man. Appretiate it.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
This is my HONEST OPINION.

AAM is a sponsor in this forums. So all negative comments against them will be erased to save the reputation of such sponsor. Plain and simple.

The best solution is, in fact, to call and schedule an appointment (not PMs). The problem is that he already went back a couple of times. And 90 min drive is no joke when you have to do it several times on a malfunctioning car.

What would have I done?
1st. Talk to the Owner/person in charge at AAM to solve the issue.
2nd. If the issue is not solved again, I would have gone to the Better Business Bureau for them to check into this matter.

Again, this is just my opinion.

IBTL.
Probably wouldn't help much.

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings.

Reasons for this rating include:
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating
Failure to respond to complaints filed against business
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not backing AAM nor do I agree with the lack of communication. But I still think it's funny that...

everyone in this thread bashing AAM seems to thinks the CEL/stuttering is being caused by the tune and a reflash to stock is the solution? Until the car is back in the shop, any shop for that matter, nobody knows exactly what's going on. And according to the OP he has no intention of taking the car back to AAM, NOR does he plan on diagnosing or fixing it anytime soon.

It's my opinion this thread should be locked soon if what the OP told me is true, but certainly not deleted.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
I'm not backing AAM nor do I agree with the lack of communication. But I still think it's funny that...

everyone in this thread bashing AAM seems to thinks the CEL/stuttering is being caused by the tune and a reflash to stock is the solution? Until the car is back in the shop, any shop for that matter, nobody knows exactly what's going on. And according to the OP he has no intention of taking the car back to AAM, NOR does he plan on diagnosing or fixing it anytime soon.

It's my opinion this thread should be locked soon if what the OP told me is true, but certainly not deleted.
you obviously haven't read this thread because you are 100% wrong. Your post should be deleted. not this thread.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 AM
sbZenth

everyone in this thread bashing AAM seems to thinks the CEL/stuttering is being caused by the tune and a reflash to stock is the solution? Until the car is back in the shop, any shop for that matter, nobody knows exactly what's going on. And according to the OP he has no intention of taking the car back to AAM or fixing it soon.

This thread, like i originally stated, is not about the fault with the tune. Its a modified car. Things are going to go wrong with it. But the thing is, it started happening after the tune was programmed on my car. I put up with the problems for such a long time and i was very casual when i was cooperating with AAM. Maybe i should have been more of a d!ck customer and less of a friendly source of money.

Apart from the fact that my car has been back to AAM multiple times to be fixed and/or checked out, the main concern that is adressed in the thread is the lack of concern.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Probably wouldn't help much.
I see what you mean... then it would be sbZenth fault for trusting.

If they don't care to answer to the BBB to give their part of the issue, then they probably did the same to the customer who filed: ignore.

On a side note, I fully agree with Abui. I also thought it was weird that you were going to let them experiment on your car and you would still pay them money for it....

When people go for "drug" testing at the labs, they get paid big time because they are risking their health.
If the medicament works, great for them, they would take the cash and the advantage of the "drug" (since they need to suffer the condition they are being tested on), but if not, god knows.

Think that in this case your car's "health" was at stake. You paid and got the side effects.... ouch

But.... like I said, they are a sponsor of this forum, so going against them would just get people banned.

Have that in mind and fix it directly with them.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Motormouth
Banned

nvmd

Last edited by Motormouth; 04-20-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you obviously haven't read this thread because you are 100% wrong. Your post should be deleted. not this thread.
Umm, OK.

Originally Posted by kramykram
Im kinda lost as to how they would charge you again for a problem that was did with there initial tune.
Originally Posted by matth76
that is a bl**dy cheek charging you for the problems resulting from the work they did..
Originally Posted by sk26dett
Is there anyone else who can fix the flash, probably not i assume.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as Jeffie hates my comments, I'm curious to know what Bryce has to say about this issue since he always seems to know the inside scoop of everything.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

I could have sworn you were introduced to this forum as the new sales manager or something like that.
Lol, awhile back probably. At this point, customer service is one of many many responsibilities. It was just the way you wrote it that put-me off. As I mentioned before, regardless of my title or responsibilities, I make every effort to address customer's issues in a responsible/timely manner. I'll do what I can to rectify the situation whether or not it can be resolved (Obviously Sinan is upset and I would have liked things to be different). I've contacted Sinan and am in communication.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-20-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Umm, OK.
again, you either can't read or simply choose not to. Not one of the posts you attempted to use as your proof indicated anyone (besides possibly one or two posts littered in this thread, i.e. abui's offer) that he *should* reflash to stock. Of cuorse it's *possible* and a viable solution though.

just stop while you are ahead.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM
abui01

I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about a free rental yet.

"I apologize for the mishaps you've been receiving with your car and fully understand the fact that you drive a long distance to do business with us. Since the problem still persists, let us take it upon our hands to offer you a free rental until your vehicle has been tuned and tested/road tested to ensure no further check engine lights and/or choking will occur. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority, thank you for dropping by."

But of course, who wants to spend money these days to offer customers a little piece of mind... economy sucks! And perhaps instead of having him wait all day long multiple times to diagnose a persistent problem - you could offer him a free rental so he'll feel a little better. Chances are, a few dollars spent will go a long way - after all, most Z guys in Mid-A go FI in the long run. Say it took a few weeks later than expected... it wasn't the customer's fault for taking longer... so what is the company going to do about it? Ignore it and say "Opps my bad, we want your car for another 3 weeks!" Most would apologize and say, "sorry, here's a rental for your troubles" or at least, "we'll knock off X amount of dollars from the bill for having you wait this long." (or heck... at least offer him free lunch!)

I know certain places that offer their service for FREE if they F up. I went to a shop once and we made it clear I needed it by a certain time... they didn't have it done so the owner came out to me and said, "We had 3 days to do it right and we didn't, so it's on us!" Needless to say, I came back there EVERY SINGLE TIME for that specific service even if they messed up badly upon first impression. In this specific situation... what exactly was done to give the customer a little piece of mind besides, "oh my bad... need your car for 3 more weeks junior."

Sometimes, customers want to hear more than just bad news. Even if you mess up... the important part is: What are you going to do about it? And by no means is ANY job a "minor issue." Don't ever let your customers hear you say, "It's a minor thing" because it makes it look like they weren't all that important in the first place... And when they come back 3-4x to get the same thing fixed that was never fixed, you can't tell them "it's just minor." Logic dictates that anything "minor" could have been fixed in less than a day and less than 1 visit... in this case, it took 2-3 3hr round trips with no solution... so how exactly is this "Minor?"

Aside from that, SBZenth - just because they didn't fix it... in the end you DID pay for it. Something has to be done or refunded. Don't give up just because you've dealt with it for a whole year. I know a guy who got a reflash for $600 and he tells me, "It's money well spent because everytime I put my foot on the pedal it makes me feel good." You spent say $300 and from what it looks like - got absolutely nothing out of it. So when is enough enough, you can't drive around with it choking on you all day long, that's absurd. You PAID FOR SOMETHING, now it's time for the company to give it! People don't come in for reflashes to get choking and check engine lights and have to pay out of pocket for more fixes. And since this was brought up - It's true that modified cars get CELs, especially with test pipes and such... but choking? However, it's pretty common sense that if the customer says, "This has NEVER happened prior to the tune." That perhaps a little reverse engineering would solve the issue? "HmMm... choking post tune... no choking prior tune... lets... take out the tune and see what happens?" Like Driven1 said, it's not rocket science to get things done right. I suppose offering "we'll reflash it back to stock and refund you X dollars" was never even said? Does it have to come to the point where your customers are super pissed off, tell an entire forum about it, and the company losing a ton of business because of this "minor" thing? This all of a sudden becomes a "major" thing now.

Bottom line: Everyone F's up... the difference is what you DO about it.

PS. On a side note - I know of a company who is fully dedicated to their customers and goes as far as taking their customer's cars home to ensure it works and functions 100% of the time. Drives it for 50-100 miles (and even changes the oil/fills up the gas) and has FULL confidence of the tune prior to giving it back to the customer so that threads like these do not appear. Heck... after all these years I have yet seen a SINGLE thread about this shop... I wonder why? Customer Service FTW.

Last edited by abui01; 04-20-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

ANY car with test pipes is going to throw a code for Catalyst efficiency. This is a known issue if there is no cat there. Im not even arguing this at all because i know for a fact.

The proper way would be for Sinan to call us up, ask for Mike if he would like, but either way, set up and appointment. We will take car of the issue if it is the fault of the reflash. We always stand behind our product here and this was just a poor/lack of communication on a few peoples parts.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
ANY car with test pipes is going to throw a code for Catalyst efficiency. This is a known issue if there is no cat there. Im not even arguing this at all because i know for a fact.

The proper way would be for Sinan to call us up, ask for Mike if he would like, but either way, set up and appointment. We will take car of the issue if it is the fault of the reflash. We always stand behind our product here and this was just a poor/lack of communication on a few peoples parts.
thats why god invented non foulers.. like i said, i know what a CEL is. and mine doesnt throw one.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered

Not trying to be the "nuh-uh" guy, but I've had my test pipes on for almost two years and have never thrown a CEL. I also passed state emissions with test pipes.

edit: I also thought it was a given that you use non-foulers with your TPs.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 04-20-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

My bottom line as a customer is... when I'm unhappy about the service, I complain. Dont expect me to be buddy buddy about the situation. And to the shops, NEVER attempt to put any blame back to the customer.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by bb1314
My bottom line as a customer is... when I'm unhappy about the service, I complain. Dont expect me to be buddy buddy about the situation. And to the shops, NEVER attempt to put any blame back to the customer.
+1 on that. That's why people invented the saying, "Customers are ALWAYS right." Any good company with excellent customer service knows this rule. It doesn't even matter if it was their fault because guess what? At the end of the day, w/o your customers - ya wouldn't be in business now would ya!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM
sbZenth

Clint and Jeremy have both contacted me in order to fix the problem. Clint suggested to go the whole way and have the car towed to have it checked out at no cost.

I thank everyone for their contribution. That being said, I don't want this to turn into another war and will be requesting this thread to be locked.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Driven1
Professional

Awesome. Hope you get it all worked out.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM
abui01

You should leave it open so we know our mid-a brother is being taken care of and the outcome. It'll be good for AAM's rep to show to the community what they did to remedy the situation.